Darnell

K-1s STUCK @ NVC for AP Part II

431 posts in this topic

Hello my Case was sent to NVC on Oct 23! So hoping by mid/end November we

know something but will be calling in about 3 weeks!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 10/25/2017 at 5:21 AM, Lance & Valérie said:

I called back again today and NVC let us know that our case had been forwarded to the consulate . It was at NVC a total of 27 days so 35 days from our NOA2. I'm not even sure now if we ever were in AP, but hopefully if were it means that the wait has shortened a bit. The best suggestion I could make is to just keep calling until you talk to someone who can give you the right info, how helpful they are seems to really depend on how you talk to...its really inconsistent. Good luck to everyone, I know how hard the wait can be.

Yes, very hard.:( we got our case # last Oct 2nd. Until now it's still there. I hope we will have good news next week. Happy for you:)

Great news! Hope things go smoothly from here on :dance:

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 10/26/2017 at 3:07 PM, John & April said:

Yes, very hard.:( we got our case # last Oct 2nd. Until now it's still there. I hope we will have good news next week. Happy for you:)

I’m new here. Just got my Noa2 today.

Does everyone who goes to NVC get held up in AP?

Does anyone know what NVC actually does with the petitions?

(fiancé application)

Edited by AZSunshine78

Hello, congratulations on your NOA2!  :)

Everyone goes through the NVC, but most people don't get held up in AP. Some are selected randomly for extra scrutiny, it's really the luck of the draw it seems.  

At NVC, they go over your approved petition and check it for completeness, and do some background checks. They assign you a case number, then it is sent on to the beneficiaries consulate in their home country.

Good luck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

dear all. I just learned that I am in AP at the NVC. I was waiting since October 26th for NVC to receive my case. I just learned it was received and went into AP. If anyone can give me a rough idea how long this will take I would appreciate it.

Hi I'm Olivia,

We got Case number on 12 October, 2017 then on 11 October, 2017 NVC sent our paper work to US Embassy. But we still not get any email from the embassy means we waiting for almost 3 months. We tried to call the embassy but they still not have our case yet. Beside, our Noa2 will be end in the middle of January 2018. Did you have any issue like us? What should we do?

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi All,

Any one had same issue please advise us .

NVC assigned us case on Jan 24th 2018 and since than our case is at NVC and under going Administrative process ?

Anyone had samiliar issue please let us know how long it took and what was the process as i am not getting any answer from NVC .

8 hours ago, SatinderSabiee said:

Hi All,

Any one had same issue please advise us .

NVC assigned us case on Jan 24th 2018 and since than our case is at NVC and under going Administrative process ?

Anyone had samiliar issue please let us know how long it took and what was the process as i am not getting any answer from NVC .

There are plenty of people who have had this issue. I am one of them.  Have you been told by NVC that you are in AP?

Our case was at NVC for the best part of two months, but that was in 2008-2009. It seems, that if you have a read back on this thread, times have come down a lot from then.  You have been there about 2 weeks at this stage, is that correct?  No one can tell you how long it will take, and NVC won't tell you very much if anything at all.

There isn't a process that you can follow. Some cases are just set aside for extra scrutiny, and it takes as long as it takes. We used to call them every week and asked to speak to a Supervisor.  We were not sent a letter to say we were out of AP, we found that out by calling them.

In the meantime, the best advice I can give you is to get everything else you will need ready. That way when your case is sent on to your country, you will be ready to go.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 minute ago, cdneh said:

There are plenty of people who have had this issue. I am one of them.  Have you been told by NVC that you are in AP?

Our case was at NVC for the best part of two months, but that was in 2008-2009. It seems, that if you have a read back on this thread, times have come down a lot from then.  You have been there about 2 weeks at this stage, is that correct?  No one can tell you how long it will take, and NVC won't tell you very much if anything at all.

There isn't a process that you can follow. Some cases are just set aside for extra scrutiny, and it takes as long as it takes. We used to call them every week and asked to speak to a Supervisor.  We were not sent a letter to say we were out of AP, we found that out by calling them.

In the meantime, the best advice I can give you is to get everything else you will need ready. That way when your case is sent on to your country, you will be ready to go.

Hi,

Yes they told us over the phone that we are under AP

So annoying waited more than 7 month to get NOA2 first now wait at NVC .

Just now, SatinderSabiee said:

Hi,

Yes they told us over the phone that we are under AP

So annoying waited more than 7 month to get NOA2 first now wait at NVC .

It truly is. We had our NOA2  mid-November 2008. NZ is a small country, and it wasn't taking very long at all then to get an interview. We thought I would be in the USA for Christmas. In the end, I didn't arrive until March. The worst thing for me was that here on Visa Journey back then, no one knew anything about K1's having AP at NVC. That is why a few of us started the first thread, Part1. It was good to know we weren't the only ones wondering what on earth was going on, and to post about what little information we could find out from each other. 

I can sympathize with you for sure, I know how frustrating it can be. All you can do unfortunately is wait it out, and get ready for the next steps.  Please come back and post when you know you are out of AP on the way to your consulate, as that can help other people down the track try and work out how long things are taking these days.

I wish you good luck, and I hope you are on the way soon :)

• 11 months later...

My NOA 2 came Dec. 11th or was sent out then. I called the NVC right after Christmas and told us they did not have it yet and could take 60 days...I called today and she provided me a NVC number and invoice number. Then told me it was in admin processing and there was no time frame. I asked if that it meant it would be taking longer than normal and had been pulled out for extra scrutiny, she told me no, but there was no time frame. I asked if I should check in after a certain amount of time if I do not hear from them. She just kept repeating the same thing, no time frame I said okay well I will call to check in if we don't hear from you guys. I also asked if the embassy would reach out once the case had been forwarded to them and she said she wasn't sure but I might want to call them because each is different. 

I feel somewhat fortunate because we already have a relationship with the embassy to some extent. Our son was born there in September so we had to go through them to have him granted American citizenship. I wrote them an email today to inquire. 

I just don't want the case to sit too long at NVC. That's my worry. We waited since May 10th already. 

9 hours ago, RockyDog said:

My NOA 2 came Dec. 11th or was sent out then. I called the NVC right after Christmas and told us they did not have it yet and could take 60 days...I called today and she provided me a NVC number and invoice number. Then told me it was in admin processing and there was no time frame. I asked if that it meant it would be taking longer than normal and had been pulled out for extra scrutiny, she told me no, but there was no time frame. I asked if I should check in after a certain amount of time if I do not hear from them. She just kept repeating the same thing, no time frame I said okay well I will call to check in if we don't hear from you guys. I also asked if the embassy would reach out once the case had been forwarded to them and she said she wasn't sure but I might want to call them because each is different. 

I feel somewhat fortunate because we already have a relationship with the embassy to some extent. Our son was born there in September so we had to go through them to have him granted American citizenship. I wrote them an email today to inquire. 

I just don't want the case to sit too long at NVC. That's my worry. We waited since May 10th already. 

They have been quite slow just in general lately. Everything seems to be running slowly the last long while.

Still, that being said, do keep a close eye on it. Call them back from time to time, but understand the Tier 1 people who answer the phones can't really see very much on their screens.  If this drags on I would request to speak with a Tier 2 rep, as they can see more than the ones who answer the phone.

I was in the same position, in that I already had a working relationship with the embassy where I was.  My police clearance came through well before I was expecting it, and I wanted to make sure they would still honor it. I also emailed them about the AP, and at that time they had no idea what it was about. I would guess that they do now, as it has become commonplace.

I was able to go ahead and get packet three sent out and book the medical based on having the case number, and I am sure that was down to already having a conversation with them. I wanted to make sure that when AP was over, there would be no hold ups. So, you can try that. I had my ducks all lined up and quacking when we were sent on to the embassy. 

Good luck, and I hope they send you onwards shortly!

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.