BrittneyNicole

Passed Naturalization test how long til oath ceremony?

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

My husband had is interview on July 19, 2012. He passed and we were told we would recieve a letter in the mail with his date and time for the Oath Ceremony. As of today we still haven't gotten anything. I've checked the USCIS web page and entered his reciept number but all it say's is the interview has been set. So my question is for people who have been to this stage. How long after the test till the Oath Ceremony?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm sure it depends on your local office. You haven't received an oath letter yet? What date did your status change to say your oath had been scheduled? Usually your letter will arrive within a few days of the date of the status change.

Congratulations - you're nearly there :)

If more than a week has passed since the date of the status change, I'd call the 800 number and see if you can find out the date. Wouldn't want to miss it because of a lost piece of mail.

Grashoppr

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

If more than a week has passed since the date of the status change, I'd call the 800 number and see if you can find out the date. Wouldn't want to miss it because of a lost piece of mail.

Grashoppr

I second that. That happened to me, had to reschedule ceremony.

If your status says your Oath Ceremony was scheduled and a letter was sent, call USCIS and ask to talk to a Tier 2 Immigration Officer.

Caroline (Brazil) and Phil (USA)

yPnbm4.png

2003i9szfhw0aa.jpg

f2MWm5.png

View my Timeline

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

You say that the on-line status is that the "interview" is set, or the "oath ceremony"? As you can see from our status, my wife passed her interview in January and we are still waiting for an oath date. As the poster said, it depends on your local office and if you are doing a name change.

Marriage: 09-22-2007

Conditional Residence

I-130 Sent: 10-10-2007

I-130 Approved: 06-03-2008 (236 days from VSC receipt to approval)

Case Complete at NVC: 07-30-2008 (52 days from NVC receipt to approval)

Consulate Interview date: 09-24-2008

POE Miami: 10-04-2008

Removal of Conditions

I-751 Sent: 07-08-2010

NOA1 Date: 07-12-2010

Biometrics Appt.: 09-01-2010 (Early Bio 08-13-2010)

Approved: 11-03-2010 (114 days from VSC receipt to approval)

GC Rec'd: 11-06-2010

Citizenship

N-400 Sent: 07-08-2011

Confirmation Text Message: 07-14-2011

NOA Priority Date: 07-12-2011

Biometrics Letter Rec'd: 08-01-2011

Biometrics Appt.: 08-19-2011 (Early Bio 08-12-2011)

"Placed in Line" Email and Touched: 08-16-2011

"Interview Scheduled" Email and Touched: 12-23-2011

Rec'd Interview Letter: 12-27-2011

Interview Passed: 01-30-2012

Email from Senator's Office Stating Application Was Approved: 06-18-2012

"Oath Scheduling Que" Email and Touched: 07-03-2012

Given Oath Date at InfoPass Appt. and Touched: 08-28-2012

Rec'd Oath Date Letter in Mail: 09-01-2012

Oath Date: 09-27-2012

Filed: Timeline

You say that the on-line status is that the "interview" is set, or the "oath ceremony"? As you can see from our status, my wife passed her interview in January and we are still waiting for an oath date. As the poster said, it depends on your local office and if you are doing a name change.

Just as a note about what the online status says...my wife's online status is still showing "Testing and Interview", but she received her oath letter yesterday! The online status never moved to "Decision" or "Post Decision Activity" or "Oath Ceremony".

2012-04-17 N-400 filed

2012-04-19 NOA

2012-06-15 biometrics in Houston

2012-08-13 interview in San Antonio (why not Houston?) -- Passed!

2012-08-23 Oath ceremony

2012-08-23 U.S. Citizen!

just wait.. be patient.. it'll come.. i never checked online or anything except the mailbox.. was interviewed 4th of aug and i got my letter today for a 29th aug oath taking.. remember, good things come to those who wait..

LPR 2007

CITIZENSHIP 2012

N-400 filed based marriage to usc = april ??

biometrics = june 21

interview = august 2

oath taking = august 29

done..

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

It still say's interview has been set, it hasn't changed yet. I heard that they are getting ready to do another oath ceremony at the end of the month.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

It still say's interview has been set, it hasn't changed yet. I heard that they are getting ready to do another oath ceremony at the end of the month.

Don't rely on USCIS Online status. You'd be a citizen for 20 years and your online status could still be reflecting your interview date. Call the number and see if they have any updated info. Other than that, you still aren't that late to be worrying. I am sure you'll receive the oath letter soon.

Edited by PathaN

IR5 For Parent

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

My husband had his interview August the 7th and we are still waiting for the oath letter. We called USCIS to day and we were told they have 120 days from the date of the interview to schedule the oath ceremony. However if we have not received a notice for the oath ceremony in 90 days to call the service center again and they would start a check. You can not rely on the case status online too much. It may or may not be correct. She said technically we are still in the testing and interview stage so even thought he passed and was recommended for approval he is still in that stage. The best thing to do is sign up for the e-mail updates and hope for the best. I hope this helps for anyone who is wondering why their oath letter is taking so much longer than many others you see on the VJ site. Also we were told that they have to have a minimum of 100 persons to do an oath ceremony. The people who got the oath the same day as the interview are the lucky ones.

Edited by redsilk46

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Just as a note about what the online status says...my wife's online status is still showing "Testing and Interview", but she received her oath letter yesterday! The online status never moved to "Decision" or "Post Decision Activity" or "Oath Ceremony".

Mine still says that and my oath ceremony was a month ago.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.