mishab

How to Get an I-551 Visa Stamp?

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

They gave my wife one without us asking.

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

They gave my wife one without us asking.

You adjusted in 2007, things have changed in the last 4 years.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Can I ask for the stamp at the interview? Pending it goes well and we are approved on the spot?

You can ask but they don't usually approve on the spot any more. They might SAY you're approved but then they'll tell you pending review or something like that. By all means ask though!

Filed: Other Timeline

Think of it as going to a job interview, being hired, and while being guided to the door and shaking the hand of the interviewer you are asking for a payday advance.

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Think of it as going to a job interview, being hired, and while being guided to the door and shaking the hand of the interviewer you are asking for a payday advance.

mmm... not quite, the analogy would be asking for the job offer in writing on the spot... at my workplace they would only mail you the offer letter after everyone involved has signed off, other employers can do it right away. So, no, it doesn't tantamount to asking for money in advance. It doesn't look bad to ask.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Bolivia
Timeline

When we had our interview on september 7, 2011, I asked the IO for the stamp in my passport, but he told me that they stopped doing this because the GC where being delivered in a short period as two weeks. And that was true, I received my GC in less than two weeks.

And they also gave me a letter saying that if I needed a temporary evidence of my status (LPR) I could make an appointment with the infopass and they could provide me the proof (need to bring the letter, photo identification and a valid passport of the country of citizenship).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

You adjusted in 2007, things have changed in the last 4 years.

Guess it is case by case and office by office deal. I just saw someone in the RUB forum that also got the stamp prior to the green card, this year.

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.