JaysonValentina

Extreme hardships?

60 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

i see a lot of negativity on this board against you man, word of advice don't listen to a lot of these people saying you need x amount of money in your bank(you will be fine with co sponsors), if you notice everyone here is already married and could give a damn about you.

you wanted to know if you could use a co sponsor for you future wife if you don't have any money at all or enough. that short answer is YES! Also i recommend you try for the hardships form because i read in a forum about hardships and the future husband of one couple sent a hardships letter saying he couldn't leave to see his fiancee because he has to watch over his parents as well who i think were sick. in the end his parents each sent a letter explaining why they needed him and he got approved.

Guys stop putting him down with negatives we're all human, if he doesn't have enough and really wants this lets give him advice of what he can do and help him, there's economic crises you can't expect a guy to make more of nothing. im guessing he pays for rent and what not to, put yourself in his shoes. and i say if your girl friend is doing worse financially in her country then you are...then by all means bring her using a co sponsor or 2 but save about 4000 bucks for fees and paper work. you got a good heart man! Not many people can see it but i can. Hope the best for you. and try getting information from people who can relate to you more or else your just going to just get depressed and kill yourself and we don't want that. take care

Filed: Other Country: Lithuania
Timeline

Thanks guys i was little nervous for i will be making around less then 15k a year and my new job is pay under the table the boss wants to evade taxes. But i may get a new one after it since it will be temporary, i will have enough to pay for the fees. Im just relying on co sponsoring more for the forms. But thanks for letting me know i can use the sponsors :) alot richardjerome yeah its hard for many to find jobs even with degrees and all.

Does anybody know if there is an embassy in Lithuania? If so do they allow cosponsors on k1? Just asking because I know some embassys do not allow cosponsors on k1. OP good luck.

AOS Journey

11-04-2011 sent AOS to Chicago lockbox

11-07-2011 delivered

11-08-2011 Date on text messages but did not receive until 11-22-2011

11-23-2011 Check cashed.

11-25-2011 Hard copies of NOA1s

12-06-2012 Pui's Brother unexpectly passes away and we make an info pass appointment and receive an emergancy AP so she can return home. Pui leaves for Thailand for 2 weeks.

12-06-2012 Get a text message and email that she received an RFE

12-12-2012 RFE for original birth certificate. I swear we sent it along with a certificate translation of it.

12-20-2012 Pui returns from Thailand.

12-21-2012 We send the RFE back for with original birth certificate along with a new certificate of translation(I had to wait for her to return for her to sign)

12-26-2012 text and email they have received the RFE.

12-29-2012 Appointment for biometrics is 01-23-2012

01-13-2012 AP is approved.

01-23-2012 Biometrics appointment. Later during the evening the text and email saying the EAD is approved.

01-31-2012 EAD/AP combo card arrives.

05-22-2012 Email and text card is in production!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

i see a lot of negativity on this board against you man, word of advice don't listen to a lot of these people saying you need x amount of money in your bank(you will be fine with co sponsors), if you notice everyone here is already married and could give a damn about you.

you wanted to know if you could use a co sponsor for you future wife if you don't have any money at all or enough. that short answer is YES! Also i recommend you try for the hardships form because i read in a forum about hardships and the future husband of one couple sent a hardships letter saying he couldn't leave to see his fiancee because he has to watch over his parents as well who i think were sick. in the end his parents each sent a letter explaining why they needed him and he got approved.

Guys stop putting him down with negatives we're all human, if he doesn't have enough and really wants this lets give him advice of what he can do and help him, there's economic crises you can't expect a guy to make more of nothing. im guessing he pays for rent and what not to, put yourself in his shoes. and i say if your girl friend is doing worse financially in her country then you are...then by all means bring her using a co sponsor or 2 but save about 4000 bucks for fees and paper work. you got a good heart man! Not many people can see it but i can. Hope the best for you. and try getting information from people who can relate to you more or else your just going to just get depressed and kill yourself and we don't want that. take care

To be honest I do not see any negative comments here. People just saying how it is and what he needs to do in order to achieve his goal. This is not psychological helpline. This is a place to get help on advice. In this particular case comments like yours, while making OP feel good, are dangerous giving wrong sense of security. Basically, you are hurting OP by suggesting applying for waiver and wasting both time (!) and a lot of money (!). Either way two facts remain:

1) You will not get hardship waiver to get to bypass meeting requirement. 0 chance. Basically, you will waste your time and I129F application fee which can be better used to meet in person.

2) You will have to pay overall ~$3K ($350 I129F, $200 visa fee, $1,000 for one way ticket, $180 medical, $1070 for AOS. No way around it.

3) Even if I129F approved there is no way embassy will approve. Money wasted, time wasted.

4) During AOS your brother in law will have to sign binding affidavit of support. I864. This means that if during 10 years you or your fiancee become public charge (which you agree is possible), he will be charged this amount. Once he learns about binding nature of support I do not know if he will agree to this.

The reason why people with experience giving this advice is because THEY WENT THROUGH THE PROCESS and know what it involves. Your advice will lead to wasted money and time.

If you want to listen to reasonable advice:

1)save money ($5K, should be enough for travel plus process), get another job (maybe 2nd job), travel to Lithuania. Make lots of pictures, with her parents, etc. Fly back apply for K1.

2) Move to Lithuania, get married, live there for 3 months, get a job there possibly, apply for CR1 (possibly DCF if allowed)

These are real two choices in your situation. The rest - just waste of time and money.

Timeline

Meeting waiver is one of the waivers impossible to get. OP, BTW, if you notice, who gives you advices on finances: people experienced here. The other comforting advice was given by some one with 0 experience with the process... Make your judgement..

Edited by san diego

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

Oh noo i meant 2300 from us to lithuania. But we will meet in spain first. Because its more easy to meet there and stay with family

Still that is a bad deal. Just checked and mid/late september you can fly from JFK to Vilniaus round trip for less than $950. That was with just a few minutes of searching. With a couple of hours, you could probably find a better deal.

Service Center : California Service Center
Consulate : Guangzhou, China
Marriage (if applicable): 2010-04-26
I-130 Sent : 2010-06-01
I-130 NOA1 : 2010-06-08
I-130 RFE : 2010-11-05
I-130 RFE Sent : 2010-11-06
I-130 Approved : 2010-11-10
NVC Received CaseFile: 2010-11-16
NVC Casefile Number Issued: 2010-11-22
Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2010-11-23
OPTIN EMAIL SENT TO NVC: 2010-11-23
OPTIN ACCEPTED by NVC: 2010-12-14
Pay I-864 Bill 2010-11-23
Receive I-864 Package : 2010-11-23
Return Completed I-864 : 2011-03-30
Return Completed DS-3032 : 2010-11-23
Receive IV Bill : 2010-12-17
Pay IV Bill : 2011-03-16
AOS CoverSheets Generated: 2010-11-27
IV Fee Bill marked as PAID: 2011-03-18
IV CoverSheets Generated: 2011-03-18
IV email packet sent: 2011-04-4
NVC reports 'Case Completed': 2011-5-2
'Sign in Fail' at the Online Payment Portal: 2011-5-2
Final Review Started at NVC: 2011-5-2
Final Review Completed at NVC: ????
Interview Date Set: 2011-5-5
Appointment Letter Received via Email: 2011-5-6
Interview Date: 2011-6-1
Approved!!!!!

I-751 Sent : 2013-07-02

I-751 Bio Appointment Date 2013-08-02

10 Year Green Card Approved!!!!!

Thanks guys i was little nervous for i will be making around less then 15k a year and my new job is pay under the table the boss wants to evade taxes. But i may get a new one after it since it will be temporary, i will have enough to pay for the fees. Im just relying on co sponsoring more for the forms. But thanks for letting me know i can use the sponsors :) alot richardjerome yeah its hard for many to find jobs even with degrees and all.

And how are you going to show proof of a job and ability to sponsor your fiancee with evasion of taxes? They do require you to submit tax returns for the past three (3) yrs, if you're getting paid under the table there is no W-2.

Seriously, try finding a stable on the books job and get a second one if necessary.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

This may throw another wrench in to the works. You are going to have to provide tax returns and proof of employment during this whole process. Pay stubs and an employment letter are the standards. Is your boss willing to give you an employment letter? How is your brother in law related to you? Is he by any chance a distant relative of your future fiancee as well? If so this is going to be another hurdle you have to over come. It would be a good idea now to sit down and start going through your situation and list out any red flags for your case so you can start addressing these. Not sure of all the details but already I can see there are going to be a few based on employment alone. Co Sponsor sounds like it is an option for Lithuania, but you have to be careful of the relationship between the co-sponsor, you and your fiancee. Not sure if you are a USC by birth or naturalized, but depending on this it could throw up some more red flags. The tough thing is this process is intensely emotional while we are going through it, but USCIS and the VO are not going to be emotional. You need to step back and look at all the details of your case as an outsider would look at them. Listing out everything here helps as there are a lot of knowledgeable people who can tell you what will and won't be an issue and how to address those things that are.

richardjerome22 may think people are being negative, but everyone is trying to give you advice based on their experience and knowledge. If we didn't give a damn we wouldn't waste our time on the forum.

Service Center : California Service Center
Consulate : Guangzhou, China
Marriage (if applicable): 2010-04-26
I-130 Sent : 2010-06-01
I-130 NOA1 : 2010-06-08
I-130 RFE : 2010-11-05
I-130 RFE Sent : 2010-11-06
I-130 Approved : 2010-11-10
NVC Received CaseFile: 2010-11-16
NVC Casefile Number Issued: 2010-11-22
Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2010-11-23
OPTIN EMAIL SENT TO NVC: 2010-11-23
OPTIN ACCEPTED by NVC: 2010-12-14
Pay I-864 Bill 2010-11-23
Receive I-864 Package : 2010-11-23
Return Completed I-864 : 2011-03-30
Return Completed DS-3032 : 2010-11-23
Receive IV Bill : 2010-12-17
Pay IV Bill : 2011-03-16
AOS CoverSheets Generated: 2010-11-27
IV Fee Bill marked as PAID: 2011-03-18
IV CoverSheets Generated: 2011-03-18
IV email packet sent: 2011-04-4
NVC reports 'Case Completed': 2011-5-2
'Sign in Fail' at the Online Payment Portal: 2011-5-2
Final Review Started at NVC: 2011-5-2
Final Review Completed at NVC: ????
Interview Date Set: 2011-5-5
Appointment Letter Received via Email: 2011-5-6
Interview Date: 2011-6-1
Approved!!!!!

I-751 Sent : 2013-07-02

I-751 Bio Appointment Date 2013-08-02

10 Year Green Card Approved!!!!!

Timeline

I would choose choice 1 and really in vilinus? Oh i was jyst looking in kaunas but that is a good i dead to travel to lithuania for that price much better! Thanks i will be looking to vilinus. Thanks guys i really appriciate this input! If i save 5k can i still use co sponsor for the k1 for lithuania if he agrees to it or if someone else does? I've been looking online but nothing hmm does anyone know. I sent her a message to call embassy and ask so she did around 5pm her time, but she tells me they dont pick up the phone. So she will try earlier tomorow.

Timeline

This may throw another wrench in to the works. You are going to have to provide tax returns and proof of employment during this whole process. Pay stubs and an employment letter are the standards. Is your boss willing to give you an employment letter? How is your brother in law related to you? Is he by any chance a distant relative of your future fiancee as well? If so this is going to be another hurdle you have to over come. It would be a good idea now to sit down and start going through your situation and list out any red flags for your case so you can start addressing these. Not sure of all the details but already I can see there are going to be a few based on employment alone. Co Sponsor sounds like it is an option for Lithuania, but you have to be careful of the relationship between the co-sponsor, you and your fiancee. Not sure if you are a USC by birth or naturalized, but depending on this it could throw up some more red flags. The tough thing is this process is intensely emotional while we are going through it, but USCIS and the VO are not going to be emotional. You need to step back and look at all the details of your case as an outsider would look at them. Listing out everything here helps as there are a lot of knowledgeable people who can tell you what will and won't be an issue and how to address those things that are.

richardjerome22 may think people are being negative, but everyone is trying to give you advice based on their experience and knowledge. If we didn't give a damn we wouldn't waste our time on the forum.

Can't be said better!

I would choose choice 1 and really in vilinus? Oh i was jyst looking in kaunas but that is a good i dead to travel to lithuania for that price much better! Thanks i will be looking to vilinus. Thanks guys i really appriciate this input! If i save 5k can i still use co sponsor for the k1 for lithuania if he agrees to it or if someone else does? I've been looking online but nothing hmm does anyone know. I sent her a message to call embassy and ask so she did around 5pm her time, but she tells me they dont pick up the phone. So she will try earlier tomorow.

Listen to Csprd. Sponsor will not help in your situation. 1) You need to get a real job, not under the table job. Too many red flags. Don't waste time/money: either get a real job or two or move to lithuania for a year. Either way may help. $5K will not help overall Saving $5K may help you to cover travel and entire K1/AOS process. This will not help in proving to USCIS that you can support your fiancee. In your situation fixing income will take time.

Edited by san diego

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Read the guides, and check out all the graphs and data, and that will give you a timeframe of when different fees for the whole process will be due, some will be months apart. And look at both the I-134 and I-864. The first one is used at the embassy, and the second is the "real" one, used at the last step of the process, which would be almost a year after you first meet your fiancee. Ask your brother in law to be your cosponsor for the I-134, but tell him by the time you will be submitting the more binding I-864, you will be making enough money to do it on your own. You have over a year from now to get there.

Timeline

I will talk about these steps with her tomorrow. I think the moving to lithuania for a year could maybe be done As well if its easier, but i doubt i will ever be able to get a job there not speaking the language but i will talk to her tomorrow.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.