Captain Ewok

General FAQ's for Removing Conditions

148 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: France
Timeline

Hi, I am new on this forum. I haven't written my processing dates yet but will take care of it soon. I am an European citizen married to a U.S. citizen, I am also a student.

Here is my question: what is the procedure when the conditional green card is expired? Is it to still file for I-751 and add a letter explaining the reasons of the late application?

I thank you in advance for your answer.

Nov. 2004 - married

Feb. 2005 - Filed 130/AOS

March 2005- received temporary working permit

May 9, 2005: notification for interview

May 26, 2005: interview

June 2005: received greencard by email

July 2007, filing for I-751

• 1 month later...

Scans of

NOA 1 (october 2006) (click here to see scan)

Biometrics letter (November 2006) (click here to see scan)

RFE August 2007 (click here to see scan)

My PAST Timelines:

10/2004 - Conditional GC

08/2006 - 10/2007 - Lifting Conditions timeline

10/2007 - 6/26/2009 Citizenship, Los Angeles DO timeline

auBam7.png

CSC i-130 for my Mom

06/30/09 - delivered

07/06/09 - NOA date (rec'd - 07/10) #WAC 09xxx3, touched.

07/08/09 - check cashed, #WAC 09xxx2 (not online)

08/29/09 - APPROVED!!!

NVC

09/14/09 - NVC case # assigned, emails registered

09/17/09 - email AOS bill received and paid online, ds3032 received and returned

09/21/09 - AOS bill status "PAID", FedExed out AOS, 09/24/09 delivered to NVC

09/28/09 - AVR:AOS acknowledged

10/02/09 - 3032 was acknol. by NVC, paid IV Bill online

10/05/09 - emails: 1 pm -RFE for 3032, 3 pm - IV bill, 5 pm - status PAID

10/09/09 - ds230 delivered to NVC at 9am

10/14/09 - AVR: Checklist response was received

10/20/09 - login failed! - between 5 pm and 9 pm PST, at 5 pm it was still working

10/21/09 - case complete! (AVR updated after 10 pm) = total NVC 37 days

10/28/09 - interview date email came at 6.30 pm, no AVR changes yet

10/30/09 - AVR: "Case sent to embassy on Oct 29" = total 4 months from delivery of i130 to USCIS

11/02/09 - Medical

11/20/09 - Interview - PASSED!!!

11/28 - POE: LAX

• 3 weeks later...

biometrics codes (can be found on your biometrics appointment letter)

Code 1 = All 10 fingerprints

Code 2 = index fingerprint, signature, picture (used to make the Green card and EAD)

Code 3 = All 10 fingerprints, and also index fingerprint, signature, picture.

most of people get code 2 then one or more code 1 (like myself)

My PAST Timelines:

10/2004 - Conditional GC

auBam7.png

CSC i-130 for my Mom

06/30/09 - delivered

08/29/09 - APPROVED!!!

NVC

09/17/09 - email AOS bill received and paid online, ds3032 received and returned

10/20/09 - login failed! - between 5 pm and 9 pm PST, at 5 pm it was still working

10/30/09 - AVR: "Case sent to embassy on Oct 29" = total 4 months from delivery of i130 to USCIS

11/02/09 - Medical

If you want to assemble your case the way USCIS recommends you shoud read this :

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD

basically it's two-hole punch ON TOP side of all papers and ACCO fasteners, no paperclips, no binders or folders.

My PAST Timelines:

10/2004 - Conditional GC

auBam7.png

CSC i-130 for my Mom

06/30/09 - delivered

08/29/09 - APPROVED!!!

NVC

11/02/09 - Medical

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: Timeline
one more addition

according to USCIS 800 number from NOA1, walk-in (coming before appointment) is ok to do on Wednesdays

here are cases of WALK-IN Biometrics BEFORE the appointment

successful

1 - Hartford Sep 22, 2007 http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=88943

2 - Nashville http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...2&hl=walkin

3 - Los Angeles Fairfax\Pico - Sep 27th 2007 http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=89683

unsuccessful

1- Chicago Oct 23, 2007 http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=93029

Unless you have a very valid reason to not attend your appointment time given. It is just down right wrong to jump the line by trying a walk in for your Biometrics.... they give appointments for a reason.... to balance the workday load and to allow for a few real emergencies..... yes they may do your biometrics but you are making others who do have appointments that day have to wait a longer time to be seen and it is unfair on those who do wait for their given appointment...

Please do the right thing and wait unless you have a real reason to not be able to attend on the date you were given...

Kez

• 3 months later...

Due to work overload with other applications like N-400s, the USCIS hasn't made much progress with processing I-751s that were sent to Nebraska or Texas in the first half of 2007. An I-751 extends the permanent resident status until the USCIS adjudicates the case, and the NOA is written proof of the extension for one year. After this year, applicants can get proof of their status by making an infopass appointment and getting an I-551 stamp into their passport. There is a memo of the USCIS that was posted by sandeepb in the NSC thread, in which the USCIS officers are advised to give 12-month stamps to applicants. As far as I know, that memo is still in effect, but it seems not to be known well by the USCIS officers, because some applicants got only 6-months stamps. Some officers also asked applicants to come back later for a stamp, because there were still between 60 and 90 days left until the NOA expired, and to bring proof of the need to have a stamp (like tickets for international travel).

I have attached the memo to this pinned thread, to make it better available to everyone. Maybe a copy taken to the infopass appointment helps to get a 12-months stamp around the time of the expiration of the NOA, even without documented need (the memo doesn't mention documented needs).

CRextensn120203.pdf

• 3 weeks later...
After two years of being a Conditional Permanent Resident a Green Card holder must file to Remove Conditions. See this Guide and Section 7 of the FAQ's for general information on removing conditions.

per the USCIS:

The I-751 is used for a conditional resident who obtained status through marriage to apply to remove the conditions on his or her residence.

additional references:

(links below may be broken due to USCIS website update)

http://uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/remcond.htm

http://uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/battered.htm

• 4 months later...
After two years of being a Conditional Permanent Resident a Green Card holder must file to Remove Conditions. See this Guide and Section 7 of the FAQ's for general information on removing conditions.

per the USCIS:

The I-751 is used for a conditional resident who obtained status through marriage to apply to remove the conditions on his or her residence.

additional references:

(links below may be broken due to USCIS website update)

http://uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/remcond.htm

http://uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/battered.htm

i just wanna ask about my son Q? my son dont have any green card but i do have and soon to be change for 10 years green card do i need to apply even my son dont have any green card yet? or i need to apply my son green card first before i apply my ten years green card help here plssss

• 3 months later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Any one can tell me generally how long it takes for the I-751 to be processed, I applied in june 08 and it still pending!!!!! I did the Finger print i beleive in the end of july. they did stamp the I-551 in my passport with 1 year extention.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD

Petition to Remove the Conditions of Residence - Edition 8/25/08. Prior revisions accepted only through September 23, 2008

AOS Timeline:

• Date Filed : 2008-08-28
  • NOA Date : 2008-09-03
  • RFE: 2008-09-19
  • Biometrics Appt. : 2008-09-23
  • RFE Mailed: 2008-10-06
  • RFE Delivered: 2008-10-10
  • Case Processing Resumed: 2008-10-16
  • I-485 TOUCHES: 2008-10-17, 2008-10-20, 2008-10-21
  • EAD Approved: 2008-11-06 (Day 70)
  • AP Approved: 2008-11-06 (Day 70)
  • AP Received: 2008-11-12
  • EAD Received: 2008-11-18
  • AOS GC Interview Letter Received: 2008-11-18
  • AOS GC Interview: 2009-01-12 - APPROVED!

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I will be filing for my Removal of Conditional Status soon. I'm confused in one of the requirements about "fingerprints card". Where can i have this done? Is this separate from the biometrics?

Would really appreciate it if you guys can help me.

Merry Christmas!!! :)

Aubrey & Brian

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

This forum really helped me out a lot during my i751 filing and during the long VSC waiting time for the approval. If this is useful to anyone , then go ahead and follow what i sent. Here is a list of all the documents we sent. SOme people say that if you send too many documents , you might get flagged as fraud and then called for an interview. Well that wasnt my case, we sent a lot of joint evidence and we were approved without an interview.

stuff we sent;

-Court marriage certificate

-church marriage certificate (we had our big wedding 4 months after our AOS interview, we were already married in court)

-Receipts for the Church wedding and reception (flowers,limos,tuxedos,hall,dj, as well as pictures from the wedding)

-Airplane tickets for the both of us, itineraries for the 2 times we went out of the country,hotel receipts, photocopies of our passport stamps, when we re-enter the U.S (for the both of us,so it will show we traveled together)

-Light bills ,first page showing both of our names for every single month after our AOS interview till the month when we sent the i751

-cable bills

-home phone bills

-cell phone bills

-bank statements from our 3 joint accounts

-copies of both of our driver's licences with the same address of course!

-car insurance policy, w/ both of us on the same policy.

-Apartment leases.

-Health insurance paper work showing both of us on the policy

-health insurance cards, medical and dental

-Life insurance for my wife with me as the beneficiary

-4 years of joint taxes

-3 letters of recommendations (affidavits) all of then NOTARIZED.

-copies of our passports

-copies of our Social Security Cards

-Copies of our debit and credit cards

-Copies of some checks from our joint accounts(Our checks have both of our names on then)

-40 pictures (color copies) from around the time of our AOS interview till the time we sent the i751, specially pics with family @ new years, thanksgiving,holidays and stuff like that.

Keep in mind that all the stuff we sent were photocopies no originals, and all the stuff was in both of our names, or showing the same address, the whole point is to show that we still live together. I hope this can help someone. My personal opinion is I would rather be called for an interview becuse i sent too much stuff (which i have yet to c) than be called because i dont have enough evidence, or ater months of waiting receive RFE and have my application delayed even longer.We also used a lawyer to file the i751, just in case we were missing something. Its an investment of a lifetime. The lawyer didnt do much they just made sure we had all the stuff,organized it and sent. I liked the fact that everytime we received any NOA from USCIS my lawyer got a copy in the mail as well, which helps specially if you hav had problems with your ail not being delivered in the past.

''No tomo te, tomo cafe mi amor,yo como arepa y pabellon, con mi zunbao machuco el English when I talk,Im a VENEZUELAN in New York''

(King Chango)

• 1 month later...
-Copies of our debit and credit cards

I am sure bdsmusa is trying to be very helpful, but I don't think that the above should be sent with ANY applications. These are not pertinent to support any evidence of relationship. Joint accounts even have a different card number for each person.

Remember what the instructions says:

"Other documents you consider relevant to establish that your marriage was not entered into in order to evade the U.S. immigration laws."

The fact that they know our social scurity number doesn't mean that they should know every single personnal details, such as account numbers on any kind of statement or bills, or credit card information.

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2faws.gif+3dflags-canqc1-1.gif3Dflags

Removal of Conditions: GC received on 09/17/2009

Application to replace permanent resident cards filed 3/30/2019 (I-90)

• 2 months later...

Hello!

My conditional residence is based on my marriage to a U.S. citizen, but I am unable to file a joint petition and I request a waiver because I feel that my husband is not going to provide me with proper documents needed to complete residency. He works at the US Army Contractor in Iraq and I am currently working in CSA, Ltd, Kuwait. I feel that my husband is not coopertating with me on anything. Can you please give me an advice on my next step to completing my US Residency? Thank you for your time on this matter.

Sunshine

Kuwait

Sunshine

Kuwait

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.