landerson1

VSC !! k-1 fiance visa....

24 posts in this topic

I wonder if VSC is going to make it a whole week without approving anything on VJ. :unsure:

Hey! When did that approval for March 24 show up?

Way to go Vermont. :thumbs:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

My Wedding is hjune 19th and ppl start tellin me i might wanna reschedule OO

09-13-10 got engaged <3

09-28-10 Sent I129-F Express

09-29-10 Delivered to Lewisville,TX but forwarded to Dallas

09-30-10 Delivered and Signed in Person in DALLAS

10-05-10 NOA 1

10-08-10 touched

10-11-10 touched

04-13-10 NOA 2 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

04-14-10 MEDICAL

Okay so its been 2 weeks shy of 5 months and ive still not heard anything from vermont service center for my fiance's visa..I filed a I-129F back in November,2010..i recieved my NOA1 on November 12,2010 and thats it. Nothing requesting more info, just said it was being processed..yea,the check i sent them was processed quick! lol but as for my paperwork....not so much! Im gettin a little fed up with vermont service center, its taking longer than 5 months now to recieve approval. Going by their processing times, i set my wedding date for may 21,2011..its cutting it close, looks like ill be changing that soon.My congressman was quick to help but he is also waiting on a response from them to find out if they can get mine going since my wedding is paid for. Anyone have any good news for me??? im going insane!!

My advise is start cancelling all plans --go to plan B --As many have said and the website advises --DO NOT MAKE ANY PLANS UNTIL YOU HAVE THE VISA IN HAND . Sorry to out a damper on things --but you are NOT going to make it for that date . They are still working on sept 11 petitions . If you wish to plan ahead --plan on the next 4 mths . :thumbs:

-400 CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

01-17-2015 = N-400 packet sent (to P.O. Box Dallas via USPS Priority Mail)
01-21-2015 = N-400 packet delivered
01/25/2015 = E confirmation / Text received

01/26/2015 = Check cashed .

02/02/2015 = NOA1 received (Priority Date 01/21/2015)
02/09/2015 = Biometrics Letter received .

02/18/2015 = Biometrics

02/20/2015 = In line for interview

04/10/2015 = Interview Letter received .

05/11/2015 =Interview .

05/11/2015 = Passed Interview
07/01/2015 = Oath letter received
07/24/2015 = Oath Cerememony

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

You know...

These threads are popping up every single day on the main page of VJ. Every day someone is talking about their frustration with the VSC. I would say based on this information alone, I would NOT schedule ANYTHING until you know that visa is in hand. You don't "have" to leave Scotland the minute the Visa is approved. You have 6 months to use the Visa.

I know it's frustrating. We've all been there. But even with frustration, we all at one point have had to step back and take a practical view on this. I was "supposed" to get married in July, but was married in October. Unfortunately, ####### happens, don't lose money on the pipe dream that anything governmental will go over like you planned. ;)

"You don't marry someone you can live with, you marry the person you can't live without."

Mailed K-1 on 2-6-10

USCIS received packet on 2-8-10

NOA 1: Received 2-16-10

NOA 2: Approved 4-29-10 (72 Days)

NVC Forwarded Petition to London- 5-6-10

NVC Letter Received: 5-7-1010

London Received Packet: 5-14-10

London Mailed Packet to Rob: 5-18-10

Packet 3 Received by Rob: 5-22-2010

Packet 3 paperwork mailed to Rob 6-12-10

Medical- July 8, 2010

Everything mailed to Embassy 7-19-10

Interview Date: 9-14-10- Approved pending non-machine washed replacement passport.

Entry to US- 10-6-10 POE- Newark

Wedding- 10-23-10

AOS

Mailed AOS paperwork to the Chicago lockbox 1-7-11

Delivery Notification 1-10-11

Text stating application was received 1-20-11

Check Cashed 1-21-11

NOA 1 received 1-22-11

Biometrics letter received 1-29--11

Biometrics appointment 2-24-11

Received notice- I-485 has been transferred to the California Service Center 2-9-11.

3-11-11 - EAD production ordered

3-19-11- EAD Received

3-31-2011- AOS approved without interview

yeah...totally agree with the last post

in the end frustration will cause more grief. At the end of the day we still have to wait....in the end it will turn out great, but for now wait. My NOA 1 is dated for Nov 8th....?!?! :whistle:

event.png

A journey it has been!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

SAME BOAT HERE I PASSED THAT 6 MONTHS AND STILL NOTHING HEARD FROM THEM..6 MONTHS AND 1 WEEK...HOPE WE GOT OUR NOA2 SOON..GOODLUCK TO US.. :wacko:

I hate the wait !!!!! Hope you get your noa2 soon!I feel like we are suspended on jello or molasses and we can't get out :help:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

They sure do process those checks quick, don't they! :)

I was thinking that same thing. Quick to cash the check...

This is a slow and what seems to be rather flawed system. But whatca gonna do?

Everyone was born equal...only a select few become Firefighters.

"Love others has I have loved you, for there is no greater love than a person who would give his life for his friends."

Jan. 21, 2011 - Application Sent

Jan. 24, 2011 - NOA1 Received

Jan. 29, 2011 - Touched

June 1, 2011 - NOA2

June 13, 2011 - NVC Recieved Petition

we got approval March 28, 2010!!!! :thumbs::innocent::dance: :dance: :dance::thumbs:

N-400:
May 9, 2017: N-400 packet was sent
May 15, 2017: NOA1 
June 05, 2017: Biometric Done
June 19, 2017: Case is in Line for an Interview
June 25, 2018: USCIS Scheduled an Interview
Aug. 02, 2018: Interview Date- APPROVED!
Aug. 09, 2018: Oath Ceremony

My Group

My Blog

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.