11 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

hello! somewhere in moving process i lost my I-129F approval letter... do they really need that? I wouldn't be in states if I wasn't approved in the first place.... don't know what to do, any advice?

Yes you need it as you have to send a copy with your AOS. I am sure someone else can answer better but I would presume you could email or call USCIS and ask for another copy.

Divorced !st November 2012.

Married only 2 years 1 month

Yes you need it as you have to send a copy with your AOS. I am sure someone else can answer better but I would presume you could email or call USCIS and ask for another copy.

Shouldn't the K-1 visa in her passport be enough proof of approval? I think I read of others who successfully used copy of K-1 visa and I-94 for AOS vs shelling out $300+ for another copy of I-129f Approval notice.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Timeline

Shouldn't the K-1 visa in her passport be enough proof of approval? I think I read of others who successfully used copy of K-1 visa and I-94 for AOS vs shelling out $300+ for another copy of I-129f Approval notice.

Ah no the visa is not enough proof the I-797 has to be included n AOS application read the guides on this

Ah no the visa is not enough proof the I-797 has to be included n AOS application read the guides on this

Well, it seems that in some cases there is a way around it: I'd certainly go with the cover letter with the explanation of what happened and included the screenshots of approval - that has to count as something.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/191816-aos-without-noa2/page__p__2846619__fromsearch__1#entry2846619

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/248800-missing-noa2-for-aos/

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Timeline

Well, it seems that in some cases there is a way around it: I'd certainly go with the cover letter with the explanation of what happened and included the screenshots of approval - that has to count as something.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/191816-aos-without-noa2/page__p__2846619__fromsearch__1#entry2846619

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/248800-missing-noa2-for-aos/

This case is not about never receiving the approval it is about them losing it themselves. And how can they have screen shots of the approval if they don't have it. By all mean they could try and send a letter I am just saying that it has to be included in I-485.

FROM Darnell

you might also get some luck with an infopass appointment. they can't reprint it there for you, but they CAN order a reprint for you.

I suggest to try that route, once. Can't say it'll be 100 percent, though

hello! somewhere in moving process i lost my I-129F approval letter... do they really need that? I wouldn't be in states if I wasn't approved in the first place.... don't know what to do, any advice?

FROM Darnell

you might also get some luck with an infopass appointment. they can't reprint it there for you, but they CAN order a reprint for you.

I suggest to try that route, once. Can't say it'll be 100 percent, though

Edited by barbarajlw

This case is not about never receiving the approval it is about them losing it themselves. And how can they have screen shots of the approval if they don't have it. By all mean they could try and send a letter I am just saying that it has to be included in I-485.

If they "never sent it" then they are STILL going to assume that you lost it, so for all practical purposes, it doesn't matter, the USCIS is going to make the same assumption: YOUR FAULT. So, there shouldn't be much differentiation in the issues, to my mind.

K-1:

January 28, 2009: NOA1

June 4, 2009: Interview - APPROVED!!!

October 11, 2009: Wedding

AOS:

December 23, 2009: NOA1!

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

March 27, 2010: Green Card recieved

ROC:

March 1, 2012: Mailed ROC package

March 7, 2012: Tracking says "notice left"...after a phone call to post office.

More detailed time line in profile.

Timeline

If they "never sent it" then they are STILL going to assume that you lost it, so for all practical purposes, it doesn't matter, the USCIS is going to make the same assumption: YOUR FAULT. So, there shouldn't be much differentiation in the issues, to my mind.

:thumbs:

thank you for all your help especially milimalo, you are always here to answer my doubts!

how ever we found an e-mail that his brother send us, having scanned I-129F approval :) great news!!! so we are happy for his brother doesn't delete stuff in his mail :)))

have a great day everyone :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
thank you for all your help especially milimalo, you are always here to answer my doubts!

how ever we found an e-mail that his brother send us, having scanned I-129F approval :) great news!!! so we are happy for his brother doesn't delete stuff in his mail :)))

have a great day everyone :)

YAY! What are the odds!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.