Thunderbolt

Ready to send out my documents

32 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hello,

After almost two months of reading and gathering information, I think I'm finally ready to submit my I-129F.

This is the list of all the documents that I'm submitting to the Dallas Lockbox in my package:

- Payment of $535 (I will get money order at the post office before sending it out)

- Cover Letter

- Form I-129F

- Form G-1145

- Letter of intent to marry me within 90 days of arrival to US

- Letter of intent to marry her within 90 days of her arrival in the US

- Her passport photo

- My passport photo

- Copy of every page of my last 2 passports

- Copy of my naturalization certificate front/back

- Certified copy of my divorce decree

- Photos of both of us together dating back to our first meeting, and from the engagement surprise

- Short "Our story" letter

- Printed page from the dating website stating that they are 100% free and not marriage brokers.

- Itineraries from my flights to Thailand and for the flights that we took together from Thailand to other countries

- Some boarding passes (have at least one or two boarding passes from each flight)

- Hotel reservations when we stayed together

- Copy of the engagement ring receipt

- Documents and translation of my fiance's last name change many years ago

Am I missing something? I'm planning on sending this out next Tuesday. I am so nervous :) I'm afraid that I will forget something and will receive RFE

She wasn't married before and we both don't have criminal records.

Does it looks right?

Thank you!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I just did the exact same thing. I sent my I129-F in in December, so if your looking for a timeline to follow, I am about a month ahead of you. Let me know when you get your timeline set-up, or I will search for it later. Would like to have a similar timeline to follow. I have searched a few good ones, and am following those. Looks like you have everything you need for the initial submission. I did the same thing and back-loaded the I-129 with a Evidence of relationship section with our flights , some photos, hotel receipts, Visas I got for her when we went to other countries to meet. Sounds like you are on the right track. I had to get her birth certificate and house registration, and some other forms she had Translated for the I129, so make sure you have approved translations attached to the Thai copies of their forms. I also included copies of her passport pages showing entry and exit stamps that matched mine. Not sure if required, but definitely an iron clad way to show you had both met before with matching stamps in your passports, you can't fake entry and exit stamps very easily.

Edited by Loren Y

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

Timeline

May I ask you why you had to add your fiance's birth certificate and house registration card?

I have house registration card as it's the only proof that she changed her name.

What do you mean "approved translations"? The translations that she had done were prepared by some international language school in her city.

Should I ask her to go and translate the documents somewhere else? I'm attaching both Thai and English copies of both documents.

I didn't think about the copy of her passport pages with the stamps. I'll ask her to do it today :) Thanks for the idea.

I will definitely follow your timeline now that I know that you have submitted it last month.

If I will add few more pages to my package, I will have to ship it via FedEx Freight :)

Thanks!

Timeline

I have very urgent question. Do I need to fill up form G-325A for both of us???

I don't see it anywhere in the instructions from the official DHS page.

I'm going away for few weeks this weekend and I need to send out my forms tomorrow.

Please let me know if I still have to add forms G-325A

Thank you

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Norway
Timeline

Thunderbolt - G325a no longer required since the updated I-129F form came out as it already has you enter all of the info you would have filled out on the G325a. Just one less form to fill out :D

I-129F Sent: 12/29/17

I-129F NOA 1: 1/4/18

I-129F NOA 2: 7/9/18

NVC Received: 7/18/18

Consulate Received: 8/9/18

Packet 3 Received: 8/13/18

Interview Date: 9/20/18

Interview Result: Administrative Processing

*Visitor's visa interview: December 2016, called back by embassy for second interview on same visa application in January 2019 - visitor's visa finally issued May 2019.

*Fiance visa placed in administrative processing September 2018. 

*Beneficiary's Country: Norway via Iran.

Timeline

Thank you for the answers. Now I'm just worry that I had to complete everything today, instead of working on it slowly over the weekend.

Everything is ready to go. 5lbs package going out to USCIS tomorrow :)

Timeline

All my translations I had done had this stamp placed on them. Don't know if it really matters, I am sure the language school did the same thing. Maybe a more experienced senior member can comment on this as I am still very green to this website, but the 6 hours a day I spend on it trying to pass the time till my fiance gets her visa, will enable me to be an expert soon.

Trans.pdf

Edited by Loren Y

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hello,

Some advices:

Don't forget to write down the date of all your pictures on the back side. For example, 12th of May 2016, Venice, Ben and Kate visit a theatre. 

You have good proofs of meeting, also provide your petition with

Proofs of relations, here you need to give 
your fb, skype, what's app and other chats (you need make screenshots and print it ), sure not all your conversations  but the most important moments from start to now.

Good luck!
Edited by Kabuissi

Timeline
3 hours ago, Loren Y said:

All my translations I had done had this stamp placed on them. Don't know if it really matters, I am sure the language school did the same thing.

I have stamps on the translation with the name of the language school. I hope it's good enough.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Kabuissi said:

Hello,

Some advices:

Don't forget to write down the date of all your pictures on the back side. For example, 12th of May 2016, Venice, Ben and Kate visit a theatre. 

your fb, skype, what's app and other chats (you need make screenshots and print it ), sure not all your conversations  but the most important moments from start to now.

Good luck!

Hi Kabuissi,

I was thinking about printing out some Line and FaceTime logs, but since I'm doing this visa documentation, isn't that good enough to show them that I'm involved?

I thought that the Skype, and other communicator's logs would be beneficial to present at her interview at the embassy. And this is me saying it reading this site couple of hours a day for the past two months. Unfortunately I'm going out of country this weekend for  2 or 3 weeks and I wont have opportunity to add more documentation before I send it out tomorrow morning.

I don't want to delay my paperwork, for something that a lot of people stated that will be needed at the embassy.

As for the pictures. I've put 3-4 per page and printed them out together with detailed explanation (names, places and dates). That's what a lot of people did on youtube instructional videos :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 hours ago, Thunderbolt said:

Thank you for the answers. Now I'm just worry that I had to complete everything today, instead of working on it slowly over the weekend.

Everything is ready to go. 5lbs package going out to USCIS tomorrow :)

5#?  My I-129F was 20 pages including a 15 page divorce decree...  What are you including?

YMMV

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, Kabuissi said:

Hello,

Some advices:

Good luck!

USCIS needs proof of meeting.  USCIS is NOT interested in proof of relationship

YMMV

Timeline
23 minutes ago, Thunderbolt said:

I have stamps on the translation with the name of the language school. I hope it's good enough.

Should be good I would think, I'm pretty sure a language school qualifies as a place that can do translations. I sent my fiance to Patong Language school for 8 levels of English over 4 months time (2weeks a level) and it helped her get a promotion at her job and helped our communication also. Only did it because a few ex-pats that live in Thailand said that's the best thing you can do to help her out, and this was before we got engaged and were just dating. I am also planning on enrolling her in some English language courses when she gets to America, since she won't be able to work for many months here, I figure it will give here something to do so she doesn't feel like she does nothing. Plus, I found a few places that offer the ESL courses for free. you might be able to do that also, not sure how fluent your fiance is in English, but the better English the better the job I figure when she is able to work. It's crazy how I am making all these plans not even knowing if she will be approved. Not that we have any reasons why not, but you will see how it is after you actually send in the paperwork and you get that NOA1 and know the process has started it really gets on your mind. I deal with a lot of government entities at my job as is, so I am really familiar with the good old slow moving government process, but it's different when you are in it 100% committed. I wish you the best of luck, and smooth sailings, sounds like you got this.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, payxibka said:

USCIS needs proof of meeting.  USCIS is NOT interested in proof of relationship

Good point, That is the true facts. Passport stamps, matching flight itineraries, anything showing you have met would be top priority. I have proof included of over 3 visits so far, and another in early march we will have her with photos and proof of the 4th meeting to take to the interview. I hope I can convince the CO that these 2 love each other so much I would feel terrible if I didn't approve this visa. That is if the CO's actually have feelings! LOL Some of the things I read on here make you think you have to convince a feeling-less robot that you love each other and are committed to this relationship. But with the amount of fraud now a days, I try to look at it from their view, and I understand why they think like they do. I'm sure at a job like theirs it would be very easy to become "Jaded" towards just about anyone that comes in front of you. But the good news is, they have rules to follow to keep things fair, and I would hope most would follow them.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.