NGNYC

I-131 (Advanced Parole) Progess Time

5 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hello all,

I am an American citizen and my husband is from Ireland and an applicant for an I-485. We are ready to go in for an interview but have also applied for travel authorization (I-131 Advanced Parole). We've been waiting for 112 days now for the I131 to be accepted and we are supposed to fly out this week to Ireland so he can visit his family. Our lawyer told us that we would safe to fly out because it only takes 90 days to receive the approval. However, we've been waiting pst that and it is still pending. 

On this qebsite, under the processing times tab, it says they're working on forms from may 20th. How is this possible? May 20th was a Saturday and the government isn't open on Saturdays, meaning it's inpossible to have a Saturday as a date submitted. My husbands date submitted is May 22nd, which would be the Monday (the day forms CAN be submitted) so logically, that SHOULD be the date that they're working on. Is this website's processing times tab accurate?

please advise, as we already have our flights booked but cannot go without this authorization. What can we do/what's the likelihood of getting the approval in the next few days? 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
50 minutes ago, NGNYC said:

Hello all,

I am an American citizen and my husband is from Ireland and an applicant for an I-485. We are ready to go in for an interview but have also applied for travel authorization (I-131 Advanced Parole). We've been waiting for 112 days now for the I131 to be accepted and we are supposed to fly out this week to Ireland so he can visit his family. Our lawyer told us that we would safe to fly out because it only takes 90 days to receive the approval. However, we've been waiting pst that and it is still pending. 

On this qebsite, under the processing times tab, it says they're working on forms from may 20th. How is this possible? May 20th was a Saturday and the government isn't open on Saturdays, meaning it's inpossible to have a Saturday as a date submitted. My husbands date submitted is May 22nd, which would be the Monday (the day forms CAN be submitted) so logically, that SHOULD be the date that they're working on. Is this website's processing times tab accurate?

please advise, as we already have our flights booked but cannot go without this authorization. What can we do/what's the likelihood of getting the approval in the next few days? 

Your lawyer should read up on current processing times for EAD/AP.  Have you applied for an online expedite?  Have you put in an online service request?  

Probably not much you can really do now.  I doubt you will acomplish anything in a few days to change the situation.  Even IF you got approval within the next few days the actual card takes more time to arrive.  I'd look into postponing your trip.

A quick review of the May filers thread shows many are still waiting as well.   

Edited by LionessDeon

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline
1 hour ago, LionessDeon said:

Your lawyer should read up on current processing times for EAD/AP.  Have you applied for an online expedite?  Have you put in an online service request?  

Probably not much you can really do now.  I doubt you will acomplish anything in a few days to change the situation.  Even IF you got approval within the next few days the actual card takes more time to arrive.  I'd look into postponing your trip.

A quick review of the May filers thread shows many are still waiting as well.   

Thank you to your response! I thought we were allowed to submit a service request online after 90 days, but when I try to do that, i get an error message saying that my application is still within the posted processing times (it's not). Any advice?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline

There is no more 90 day guarantee.

It is impossible to say what is going to happen in the next few days.

I am an April filer and still waiting (day 140).

Postpone the trip.

K-1, AOS, ROC, Citizenship timeline below:

Spoiler

Met in school summer of 2011, started dating May 2012, engaged June 2016

07/15/2016 - Sent K-1 visa documents                    04/20/2017 - Mailed AOS package                                              09/16/2019 - Mailed ROC package to wrong center

07/19/2016 - NOA1 (California Service Center)         04/23/2017 - AOS package delivered                                          09/19/2019 - Printed everything again and mailed it correctly

09/02/2016 - NOA2 (45 days)                                 04/29/2017 - AOS text and email notifications                             09/23/2019 - ROC Case Was Received

09/15/2016 - NVC case number assigned                 05/04/2017 - NOA1 received for AOS, EAD, AP                            12/02/2019 - Biometrics Appointment (Got notice late, missed appt)

09/29/2016 - Case is "Ready" at embassy                05/22/2017 - Biometrics taken                                                   12/09/2019 - Biometrics taken, walk-in

10/06/2016 - Got an interview date!                        06/14/2017 - Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for Interview            12/10/2019 - Fingerprint Review Was Completed

11/06/2016 - Scheduled the medical!                       08/03/2017 - Interview is Scheduled                                           04/22/2020 - Case Was Received At My Local Office

12/06/2016 - Medical done!                                    09/06/2017 - Interview time!                                                     05/22/2020 - New Card Is Being Produced

12/12/2016 - Interview done! Visa approved!            09/06/2017 - RFE for (lost) medical                                            05/26/2020 - Case Was Approved

12/16/2016 - Visa issued                                         09/19/2017 - New medical submitted (in person)                         05/30/2020 - Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office

12/19/2016 - Passport with visa, envelope in hand     09/26/2017 - New Card is Being Produced (online update)                                       (First class mail, tracking provided)                     

01/11/2017 - POE!!!                                               09/29/2017 - Received I-797 Approval Notice                                                  06/28/2020 - N-400 application window opens!

04/06/2017 - Married                                                                              Card Was Mailed to Me                                                 07/13/2020 - N-400 application submitted!

10/04/2017 - Green card in hand!                                                                  11/23/2020 - Called for a service request

12/04/2020 - Biometrics scheduled online notice

12/31/2020 - Biometrics appointment

06/24/2021 - Interview Notice (interview on 7/27/2021)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.