MarksMate

COLLAGE OR REAL PHOTOS FOR K1 VISA

10 posts in this topic

Hi everyone

My fiance and I are in the process of getting everything together for the i129f and this is a questions regarding proof of having met in person. 

From youtube videos I have noticed some people do a collage of photos with explanations below and some send in actual printed photos with explanations written on the back.

Is there a wrong and right way to do this? A way that USCIS prefers?

Thanks

K1                                                                                                       AOS

20 March 2017: We got engaged!!                                             13 June 2018 - Sent AOS/EAD/AP

06 June 2017 - Sent I-129F                                                         15 June 2018 - USCIS signature received.

12 June 2017 - Case was received.                                           20 June 2018 - NOA1 for AOS/EAD/AP

14 June 2017 - NOA1                                                                   22 June 2018 - Cash checked

14 December 2017- NOA2                                                          23 June 2018 - Hardcopy i797 for AOS/EAD/AP

26 January 2018 - NVC Scan Date                                            17 July 2018 - Biometrics appt

29 January 2018 - NVC Number                                                24 July 2018 - Case ready to be scheduled for interview

07 February 2018  -Medical                                                        27 Sept 2018 - Call to request EAD expedite based on pending job offer/financial hardship

20 February 2018 -Interview: APPROVED!                               6 Oct 2018 - Letter in mail stating "Your case is currently under review"

21 February 2018- Visa Issued                                                  16 Nov 2018 - EAD Approved                                                                             

23 February 2018-Visa in hand                                                  24 Nov 2018 - EAD/AP received in mail

20 March 2018 -POE: Los Angeles                                            26 Nov 2018 - SSN mail received 

20 May 2018-Marriage                                                                06 Nov 2018 - Interview Scheduled

16 March 2019 - Interview 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
16 minutes ago, MarksMate said:

Hi everyone

My fiance and I are in the process of getting everything together for the i129f and this is a questions regarding proof of having met in person. 

From youtube videos I have noticed some people do a collage of photos with explanations below and some send in actual printed photos with explanations written on the back.

Thanks

What we did was we printed it by date with description. Lets say on the page 1 is the first day we indicated the date and write in a description on what happened that day and we attached the pictures with date stamp.

There is no wrong way of doing it just make sure its clean and easy to flip.

The collage can be advisable once youre in your interview. You can bring a photo collage or a scrap book.

Edited by MarcosiMedzi

19 minutes ago, MarksMate said:

Photos are secondary evidence of having met in person, which is what's needed for the I-129F. I only sent 2 of us together, and even that was unnecessary, really. Proving a date and location with photos is extremely difficult. The other forms of evidence of meeting (passport stamps, hotel invoices, boarding passes, etc.) are preferable. I understand a lot of online guides suggest something fancy with lots of photos, but it's not necessary at all for the I-129F, and unless you using certain high fraud embassies (NZ is not) front loading isn't necessary. The collage/photo book/etc. and other evidence of an ongoing relationship will be needed for the interview.

But sending photos isn't wrong either, so go ahead and send them if you want. Just be sure to label them with names of who are in them, a date, and a location. Optionally put a short description as well. Whatever you send USCIS needs to be easily scanable or it will be returned (people have sent photo albums in the past). And just be aware that anything you send them you may not get back.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

• 6 months later...
Timeline

I am getting ready to put my packet together to mail to the USCIS office in Dallas and I was just wondering what the dimensions of the Proof of Meeting pictures needed to be?  One site I read they needed to b 5x7 photos on glossy photo paper.  I just spent quite a bit of $ on printing our pictures and started looking at them and they appear too dark, so I was going to print them off on regular 8.5x11 paper so they are lighter (and not cropped off on the sides), would this be acceptable?

Thanks

Edited by cras.jayjay
missed a word

7 hours ago, cras.jayjay said:

I am getting ready to put my packet together to mail to the USCIS office in Dallas and I was just wondering what the dimensions of the Proof of Meeting pictures needed to be?  One site I read they needed to b 5x7 photos on glossy photo paper.  I just spent quite a bit of $ on printing our pictures and started looking at them and they appear too dark, so I was going to print them off on regular 8.5x11 paper so they are lighter (and not cropped off on the sides), would this be acceptable?

Thanks

Hello, i printed my pictures on paper sheet, i did a collage.

I put 4, 6,, or 8 pictures in a sheet.

On the botton i wrote the description of the pictyres and date.

We were approbed in 5 months without Rfe.

To do the collage i used an online program them put the collage on word program and printed on paper

Edited by mytruelove18

K1 2017

Aos sent April 2018

Aos interview July 2018

Work permit September2018

Aos approved July 24, 2019.

Roc April 27, 2021

Biometric reused june 28, 2021

N-400 online April 27, 2022 base on 3 years rule, biometric reused.

N-400 interview on December 12, 2022 combo interview i-751. Approved.

January 11, 2023 oath ceremony, Indianapolis. After that done with uscis😂🤭🤫

I took my oath ceremony in Indianapolis, it was a nice ceremony, where people from 35 coutry become american citizen.

01/11/2023 officially done with uscis :)

🤣

January 13, 2023 apply for us passport.( regular service).

March 11, 2023 passport in hand

Regular photos end up being heavier. Printing several photos on a piece of paper so you can write under them makes it easier for the photos to be in the file,  easier for adjudicator to  read the info, and lighter to mail.  

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

I have started preparing the package and was reading on a website that you should put all of the pages in a "clear book" in sheet/page protectors.  Is this necessary?

Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it!

• 3 years later...
On 11/24/2017 at 6:51 AM, mytruelove18 said:

Hello, i printed my pictures on paper sheet, i did a collage.

I put 4, 6,, or 8 pictures in a sheet.

On the botton i wrote the description of the pictyres and date.

We were approbed in 5 months without Rfe.

To do the collage i used an online program them put the collage on word program and printed on paper

What was the name of the program you use 

On 5/23/2017 at 1:23 AM, geowrian said:

Photos are secondary evidence of having met in person, which is what's needed for the I-129F. I only sent 2 of us together, and even that was unnecessary, really. Proving a date and location with photos is extremely difficult. The other forms of evidence of meeting (passport stamps, hotel invoices, boarding passes, etc.) are preferable. I understand a lot of online guides suggest something fancy with lots of photos, but it's not necessary at all for the I-129F, and unless you using certain high fraud embassies (NZ is not) front loading isn't necessary. The collage/photo book/etc. and other evidence of an ongoing relationship will be needed for the interview.

But sending photos isn't wrong either, so go ahead and send them if you want. Just be sure to label them with names of who are in them, a date, and a location. Optionally put a short description as well. Whatever you send USCIS needs to be easily scanable or it will be returned (people have sent photo albums in the past). And just be aware that anything you send them you may not get back.

I would actually encourage anyone to send photos. I forgot my photos on accident but had including boarding passes, visa, hotel etc and received an RFE and sent photos and was approved immediately. It would not hurt to include photos. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

old thread locked.  if one has questions, please start a new thread

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.