SaritaB

No one answering at NVC and I have questions!

18 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

We have completed our 261 and our 260. I was unsure if I should send the I-846 and the supporting documents (translated birth certificates, background check, marriage certificate) to the NVC but they have not been responding to my emails (or take a very long time to respond) and have not answered the phone in almost two months. We just received a letter that they received our documents and they are now taking over 60 days to process them. I'd like to know now if we need to send anything else. Second, was this even the right place to send all those documents!? Third, is there anything we can do to expedite the process as we'd like my husband in the States before our daughter's birthday. Thanks!

Why have you not sent the AOS or IV supporting documents yet? You can send them as soon as you've paid the incoices.

No you cannot expedite for a birthday.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Also when you call the NVC (open M-F 7am-midnight EST) keep calling until you're on hold. Often you'll get a busy signal because they do not have enough operators within the call service.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

We have completed our 261 and our 260. I was unsure if I should send the I-846 and the supporting documents (translated birth certificates, background check, marriage certificate) to the NVC but they have not been responding to my emails (or take a very long time to respond) and have not answered the phone in almost two months. We just received a letter that they received our documents and they are now taking over 60 days to process them. I'd like to know now if we need to send anything else. Second, was this even the right place to send all those documents!? Third, is there anything we can do to expedite the process as we'd like my husband in the States before our daughter's birthday. Thanks!

You should send the I-846 documents as soon as you pay the AOS invoice and the civil documents as soon as you pay the IV bill. Each time there is a barcode cover sheet that you can print as soon as you pay the invoices.

You need to print those cover sheets and send that stuff in right away!!

They are 60 days reviewing docs right now so if you get both packages in the mail today you might have a complete case by October. Review them a few more times to try to avoid any checklists and further delays!!

I am the USC Petitioner. My wonderful wife Laura is from Scotland.

10.27.2013 ~ Married

01.23.2014 ~ I-130 sent

01.29.2014 ~ NOA1

06.02.2014 ~ APPROVED!!! NOA2

06.05.2014 ~ Shipped to NVC

06.13.2014 ~ Case received by NVC

07.03.2014 ~ Case number assigned by NVC

07.21.2014 ~ Submitted DS-261

07.24.2014 ~ AoS Invoice available, paid

07.25.2014 ~ AoS Invoice shows paid

07.30.2014 ~ AoS package mailed USPS Priority

07.31.2014 ~ Checked CEAC website 47 times

08.01.2014 ~ USPS tracking shows AoS delivered

09.17.2014 ~ IV invoice available

Timeline

What are the AOS or IV documents? I sent everything that I found on their website. I sent the I-846, and the supporting documents they requested, birth certificate, background check, marriage certificate, passport photos, copy of passport photo page. What else do I need to send? I feel very lost. I call all day long and I never even hear a busy signal. I get disconnected immediately no matter what time of day I call.

Timeline

What are the AOS or IV documents? I sent everything that I found on their website. I sent the I-846, and the supporting documents they requested, birth certificate, background check, marriage certificate, passport photos, copy of passport photo page. What else do I need to send? I feel very lost. I call all day long and I never even hear a busy signal. I get disconnected immediately no matter what time of day I call.

Well, if you already sent them then you should be good to go. The AoS (Affidavit of Support) are the documents that prove your financial ability. The IV (Immigrant Visa) docs are your civil docs like birth cert, police cert, etc. So, it sounds like they have all of your things and you need to hang tight.

How did you send all those docs? Did you have the cover sheets that you printed after paying your bills? Did you already have your case number when you sent the docs?

Read the wiki that is on the first page of the NVC thread a few more times. Then call the number that Saylin lists in the wiki. Where are you calling from and are you using a regular phone or some kind of internet app??

10.27.2013 ~ Married

01.23.2014 ~ I-130 sent

01.29.2014 ~ NOA1

Timeline

I've called from Skype, my home phone and my cell phone (I'm calling from the U.S.). I sent them priority mail and got the letter that they were received but that there is a back log of cases and they are taking 60+ days.

What are the reasons to expedite a case? I wouldn't use our daughter's birthday as a reason, since I know they wouldn't care about that, but we have other extenuating circumstances.

Thanks for all your help!

Timeline

I've called from Skype, my home phone and my cell phone (I'm calling from the U.S.). I sent them priority mail and got the letter that they were received but that there is a back log of cases and they are taking 60+ days.

What are the reasons to expedite a case? I wouldn't use our daughter's birthday as a reason, since I know they wouldn't care about that, but we have other extenuating circumstances.

Thanks for all your help!

Sounds like you are good to go as far as having your documents at NVC. You should still call them.

Find a good land line phone that has a redial function. Redial until you get through. It will be a ladies voice that will soothingly tell you that your call is important for nearly an hour or more. Some people report having to redial 50 or more times before they get a circuit. I've never had to redial more than 20 times. Most people report that early in the morning, 7:00am their time that they get through without a redial.

Good luck!!

Oh, I have no idea about expedited cases. Try asking the question on the NVC thread, you'll get more traffic over there.

10.27.2013 ~ Married

01.23.2014 ~ I-130 sent

01.29.2014 ~ NOA1

Timeline

I'm not so sure she's a soothing voice. Hah! I have spoken to them but the phones have been continuously busy during the past two months. I'll try that to just press redial like crazy.

The same reasons the USCIS used for expedites is the same reasons the NVC and embassy would use. http://www.uscis.gov/forms/expedite-criteria

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

If you have sent them docs, just wait. No need to worry if you missed anything, because if you have they WILL send you a checklist by email, with detail explanation of what they need and how they need it. So, just wait.

Also, a child's birthday is not emergency enough situation for expediting, if you have something else like financial hardship from two spouses living in two different countries, any health situation etc, then they might consider your request. But no harm in trying. Send an email to nvc expedite and they will forward it to the respective embassy. If the embassy approves the request, then you get your wish, if not, you lose nothing.

Timeline

I wasn't suggesting using my daughter's birthday as a reason to expedite it. It would just be nice if he were here for that. I'm sure many of us could relate. There are other circumstances, but without going into them, I just wanted to know how I to go about it.

Edited by SaritaB

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

ok - when to send stuff...

back at the online payment portal -

I-864/AOS - see a cover page that you can print out? print it out, send stuff.

DS-260/IV - see a cover page that you can print out? print it out, send stuff

supporting documents you listed do not go with the I-864.

when the payment portal marks something 'paid', that coverpage is downloadable.

Go Get Em, and Good Luck !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

if civil docs were sent with the I-864 and not the DS-260 coverpage,

expect a checklist letter response about the civil docs.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.