bradcanuck

The Vent

4,952 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Every time I lose my mind (10-15 times a day) I come to VJ and read other topics to sort of blow some steam. But every time I view the July AOS Filers thread in the AOS forum I see approvals from people that filed weeks after me. Interview done, everything done. I had my infopass a week and 2 days ago and he said at the latest I'd get something in 30 days, and my EAD was approved so I should get that right away.

So far I haven't seen anything update online and nothing in the mail.

I need to just SCREAM because I am losing control. This limbo phase is destroying me.

Checking online 15 times a day is counter productive I know but I can't stop. I have an OCD personality and I let little things like this mess with me.

COME ON UPDATE MY CASE!!!

Edited by bradcanuck

Current Status
July, 2011 - US Citizen

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry, brad. :(

It drives me nuts that there are some people who razz at you for giving out wrong information. I acknowledge that I made a mistake. Now stop harassing me about it. -_-

I'm also stuck at home with the flu, and T-minus fifteen hours until the courthouse wedding.

Nini - Vancouver BC, Canada (she's the one who does the forum thing)

Bee - Devon PA, USA (he's the one who gave her the shiny ring)

Getting our sanity tested by bureaucracy since 2007.

Here we go again...

Removal of conditions @ VSC

9/4/2010 - sent!

9/14/2010 - NOA

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I'm sorry, brad. :(

It drives me nuts that there are some people who razz at you for giving out wrong information. I acknowledge that I made a mistake. Now stop harassing me about it. -_-

I'm also stuck at home with the flu, and T-minus fifteen hours until the courthouse wedding.

Oh dear! Well take care of yourself, I'm sure you are, hope you are fit as a fiddle - like now!

smilies-36271.jpg
Edited by trailmix

Timeline

How exciting! Obviously not about the flu part...

Vitamin C overdose time.

Current Status
July, 2011 - US Citizen

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

yep, vit C and ecchinecea. Load up on drugs,lol Wel lbest not to load up on to many, never know how some react to certain birth control, but that just the nurse in me talking,lol

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

I know how you feel. I look at the spreadsheet Liz made and there's people who filed months after me and they already have interview dates! Its frustrating and drives me crazy. Makes me wish I filed later and maybe I wouldn't be so stressed, but I'm glad I have my interview next week. Hopefully you'll hear from them soon Brad.

Nini, I feel your pain. I'm also at home with the flu. Hopefully your feeling better for your big day!

Here's my K-1 Timeline:

October 2006 - I-129F sent

10/24/2007 - INTERVIEW DATE!!!!!....APPROVED!!

10/30/2007 - Visa in hand!

AOS Timeline:

1/30/08 - Sent AOS pkg Priority Mail with USPS

3/12/08 - Biometrics taken

3/29/08 - EAD and AP in hand for me and my son

5/21/08 - Email-GC on its way!...RFE for my son's application

5/27/08 - GC arrives!!!

7/02/08 - Sons GC arrives!!!

ROC TIMELINE

3/23/10 - ROC sent!

3/29/10 - NOA1

4/22/10 - Biometrics Appt for me and my son

6/30/10 - Email saying card production ordered for me and my son

7/6/10 - Letter in the mail saying cards will arrive within 60 days

7/10/10 - Both cards received!

I know how you feel. I look at the spreadsheet Liz made and there's people who filed months after me and they already have interview dates! Its frustrating and drives me crazy.

That makes me crazy too!! :unsure:

vj_sig-2-2_2.jpg

:o nick & clau must be walking on air....man oh man ... they already have their interview and its tomorrow....pls pls pls ... let mine be that quick once we get our papers

brad, i certainly hope something begins to move for you ... the old cliche - patience is a virtue - must be overused but you need to keep believing ...

April 13, 2009 - Welcome to the USA letter rec'd. PRC to be rec'd within 3 weeks.

April 16, 2009 - 2 yr GC rec'd in mail.

March 2, 2011 - Mailed in I-751 to CSC

March 4, 2011 - I-751 delivered to CSC

March 4, 2011 - NOA issued

March 12, 2011 - NOA received

April 14, 2011 - BIO Appt 5/6/11

May 6, 2011 - BIO done in 10 minutes...no re-takes this time :)

June 27, 2011 - Email rec'd "Status - Approved"

July 1, 2011 - 10 yr GC arrived

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

If you're using the INS online tracker of your status then don't bother looking at it as it is rarely updated. During my N-400 process I wasn't even entered into the system and phoned up to talk to them. They told me not to expect anything accurate from that online tracker as it's sometimes updated, sometimes not and sometimes (like me) not even entered.

Read on another board lots of people get confused with that online status as they'll be pending and shown as pending and yet they've already become citizens or others panicy because it's been awhile and they're still shown in the initial stages only to get ther approval a few days later.

So if it's the same thing, then don't rely on it at all...

I'm just a wanderer in the desert winds...

Timeline

Oct - Job offer in US

Nov - Received my TN-1 to be authorized to work in the US

Nov - Moved to US

1998-2001

Recieved 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th TN

May - Met future wife at arts fest

Nov - Recieved 6th TN

Nov - Recieved 7th TN

Jul - Our Wedding

Aug - Filed for AOS

Sep - Recieved EAD

Sep - Recieved Advanced Parole

Jan - Interview, accepted for Green Card

Feb - Green Card Arrived in mail

Oct - I-751 sent off

Jan - 10 year Green Card accepted

Mar - 10 year Green Card arrived

Oct - Filed N-400 for Naturalization

Nov - Biometrics done

Nov - Just recieved Naturalization Interview date for Jan.

Jan - Naturalization Interview Completed

Feb - Oath Letter recieved

Feb - Oath Ceremony

Feb 21 - Finally a US CITIZEN (yay)

THE END

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yeah, that's where the filers threads fail... because you can't rely on other people's AOS experiences. It's all dependent on several things:

- being transferred to CSC (seems like 50%+ of K1s are transferred)

- namechecks

- RFEs

- and if you're waiting for an interview date... it's ALL dependent on your local office

Your status online will not change when an interview letter is generated. Sometimes the date is updated but the status itself will not change... so stop checking your online status! Do you know the timelines for your specific local office? Some busier ones take MONTHS to issue an interview date. Some slower ones only take a month or so.

As for your EAD, did you ever get "card production ordered" or that it was approved online? Or was it only a verbal confirmation? Hopefully you get something soon!

K3 Timeline - 2006-11-20 to 2007-03-19

See the comments section in my timeline for full details of my K3 dates, transfers and touches. Also see my Vancouver consulate review and my POE review.

AOS & EAD Timeline

2007-04-16: I-485 and I-765 sent to Chicago (My AOS/EAD checklist)

2007-04-17: Received at Chicago

2007-04-23: NOA1 date (both)

2007-05-10: Biometrics appointment (both - Biometrics review)

2007-06-05: AOS interview letter date

2007-06-13: AOS interview letter received in mail

2007-07-03: EAD card production ordered

2007-07-07: EAD card received! (yay!)

2007-08-23: AOS interview (Documents / Interview review)

2007-08-23: Green card production ordered!!!

2007-08-24: Welcome notice mailed!

2007-08-27: Green card production ordered again... ?

2007-08-28: Welcome notice received!

2007-09-01: Green card received!

Done with USCIS until May 23, 2009!

Checking online 15 times a day is counter productive I know but I can't stop. I have an OCD personality and I let little things like this mess with me.

COME ON UPDATE MY CASE!!!

Yeah, I know that feeling. Except CSC hasn't even deposited my damn check so I can't check online 15 times a day and I feel like I am going through withdrawal symptoms here (I checked the USPS site 15 times a day while my petition was on its way out there....).

Nini, feel better soon!!

And a completely unrelated rant: Hotmail is totally f*cked this morning. I intensely dislike its new format to begin with but now it won't send my good morning email to my fiance. GRRRRRR!!!

K1

10/02/2007 ~ Sent I-129F to CSC

2/27/2008 ~ NOA2!!! (148 days)

5/27/2008 ~ Interview --- APPROVED!!

5/28/2008 ~ Visa in hand (239 days)

7/17/2008 ~ POE Portal, North Dakota

7/26/2008 ~ Marriage

AOS

8/26/2008 ~ Sent AOS/AP/EAD to Chicago lockbox

9/18/2008 ~ Biometrics in St Louis

9/22/2008 ~ Transferred to CSC

11/05/2008 ~ AP/EAD approved (71 days)

1/20/2009 ~ AOS approved!!! (147 days)

1/29/2009 ~ 2-year GC arrived (156 days)

Removing Conditions

11/18/2010 ~ Sent I-751 to CSC

11/19/2010 ~ I-751 delivered to CSC

11/19/2010 ~ NOA1

12/10/2010 ~ Received biometrics letter

12/21/2010 ~ Biometrics in St Louis

12/29/2010 ~ Touch

1/04/2011 ~ Case status finally available online

2/16/2011 ~ Approved!! (89 days)

2/22/2011 ~ 10-year GC arrived (95 days)

Timeline

My uncle asked me on facebook today...

"So you gave up free healthcare eh? Oh I'd just like to know what you are planning to do when you and your son get sick and you have to pay to see a doctor"

People must think I am stupid. Yea I totally didn't think of this when I decided to move down here in the first place.

I will get health care through my soon to be husbands work...it was one of his deciding factors when taking the job. The fact that it had a plan for the three of us.

And I didn't give up free health care in Canada, I gave up extreme taxing.

Yes I loved our health care in Canada, and I loved having a system that didn't discriminate but it was hardly "free". I would love a universal system down here but I don't think it is ever going to happen.

I am just annoyed that people treat me like I am an idiot and didn't take these important things into consideration.

Oh and my family has a divorce pool going. Isn't that nice? I have never been married before, and I have been with my fiance for over 4 years.

They're being complete ####### - pardon my language.

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Oh and my family has a divorce pool going. Isn't that nice? I have never been married before, and I have been with my fiance for over 4 years.

WHOA... that's just awful!

K3 Timeline - 2006-11-20 to 2007-03-19

See the comments section in my timeline for full details of my K3 dates, transfers and touches. Also see my Vancouver consulate review and my POE review.

AOS & EAD Timeline

2007-04-16: I-485 and I-765 sent to Chicago (My AOS/EAD checklist)

2007-04-17: Received at Chicago

2007-04-23: NOA1 date (both)

2007-05-10: Biometrics appointment (both - Biometrics review)

2007-06-05: AOS interview letter date

2007-06-13: AOS interview letter received in mail

2007-07-03: EAD card production ordered

2007-07-07: EAD card received! (yay!)

2007-08-23: AOS interview (Documents / Interview review)

2007-08-23: Green card production ordered!!!

2007-08-24: Welcome notice mailed!

2007-08-27: Green card production ordered again... ?

2007-08-28: Welcome notice received!

2007-09-01: Green card received!

Done with USCIS until May 23, 2009!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
My uncle asked me on facebook today...

"So you gave up free healthcare eh? Oh I'd just like to know what you are planning to do when you and your son get sick and you have to pay to see a doctor"

People must think I am stupid. Yea I totally didn't think of this when I decided to move down here in the first place.

I will get health care through my soon to be husbands work...it was one of his deciding factors when taking the job. The fact that it had a plan for the three of us.

And I didn't give up free health care in Canada, I gave up extreme taxing.

Yes I loved our health care in Canada, and I loved having a system that didn't discriminate but it was hardly "free". I would love a universal system down here but I don't think it is ever going to happen.

I am just annoyed that people treat me like I am an idiot and didn't take these important things into consideration.

That divorce pool thing is pretty rediculous coming from your family! I would be extremely angry at that. I get really annoyed when people hassle me about my decision to live in the US. It's like people are offended that your choosing not to live in Canada so they rip your decision.

And AMEN on the extreme taxing! lol

Edited by lincoln81

2003 Met my husband while going to school in U.S.

2005 Moved back to Canada :(

2005-2007 Many visits back to the U.S.

July 20, 2007 Married!

July 27, 2007 Sent off I-130 package

August 6, 2007 Confirmation service center received package via online tracking

September 6, 2007 NOA-1 Receipt date

September 10, 2007 Received NOA-1 in mail

Case pending at CSC

March 6, 2008 Touch

March 7, 2008 Touch

March 9, 2008 Touch

March 11, 2008 1-130 Approved

September 11, 2007 Sent off I-129f package

September 17, 2007 Confirmation service center received package

September 19, 2007 NOA-1 Receipt date

September 25, 2007 Received NOA-1 in mail

Case pending at CSC

March 6, 2008 Touch

March 7, 2008 Touch.

March 9, 2008 Touch

March 11, 2008 1-129f Approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.