TraMar16

71 days since receiving my APPROVED NOA2 and still no NVC case numbercase

21 posts in this topic

I have waited and have tried to be patient, I do know that this takes time. but enough already!

I was approved on April 7th, I think from that day on it just sat on someones desk.

I have called and called and just tried of getting the same response, "There is nothing we can do you have to wait".

I called USCIS on May 23, and they told me it was in the middle of the final review and to give it week. They also warned me not to call so much they would freeze my case from taking them away from their work. I did not even do a serious inquiry until after the amount time I was to wait.

June first I did call to check, but they said my case was now closed. I am taking that as it has finally been sent, but they could not tell me when. I can only go by the dates between May 23 and June 1st and hope it was actually mailed.

I called NVC yesterday and they still have not received it. I have emailed my NOA2 to research on May 23 and still nothing. I called Monday and was told they would give my information to a supervisor.

I am trying to stay on top of it, but seriously enough is enough. NVC told me it can take 6 weeks for them to receive it from USCIS.

I am hoping by next week maybe I will have a case number so I can continue on...

Has anyone else had this long of a wait for their NVC case number and if so how did you cope or what did you do?

Thanks....

Jan. 28, 2016: mailed the I-129F application

Feb. 1, 2016 arrived to the lockbox NOA1

Feb 4, 2016 check cashed

Feb. 8, 2016 Signed return receipt arrived

April 7, 2016 Case was approved NOA2

Aug. 5, 2016 was issused a new NOA2, the first one was never sent and it took 4 months to find and issue a new one

Aug. 17, 2016 arrived to NVC FINALLY!!!!

Aug. 22, 2016 Case and Invoice number and sent to Santo Domingo

Aug. 24 Case READY in Santo Domingo :)

Aug, 29 Biometrics

Aug. 30 Medical

Oct. 3 interview

Oct. 3 APPROVED

Oct. 11 Visa issued

Oct. 12 Documents collected from the Embassy

Oct. 14 Passport ready for pick up :)

Filed: Timeline

Sounds like they have no clue where your file is and they are stalling for time. I am going to guess it's still in CSC someplace collecting dust. I'm sorry you are experiencing such frustration and I am hoping others are not experiencing the same problem.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

call the NVC and ask for a supervisor. If there is not one available to speak when you call leave your contact info and have them call you back. My case was stalled at the NVC and the only time I got anywhere or any honest answers was from a supervisor. Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I am having a similar story - it's coming up 4 weeks since we got NOA2 - so I called NVC and they just said it can take up to 6 weeks for them to receive from USCIS. Which is not the information they have printed on the NOA 2.

Very frustrating when I was under the impression that this was likely to be received at NVC 2-3 weeks from NOA2 and then 1 week for it to be received at consulate..

18th March 2016 - USCIS receives i-129f package at Lockbox23rd March 2016 - NOA1 text/email notification10th June 2016 - USCIS tracker showed petition was approved 9 June 201613th June - Received NOA2 in mail.8th July - NVC received12 July - MTL Consulate received19 July - Packet 4 received26 July - Medical done<p>10 August - Interview

POE - 27th Sept 2016
Married - 1st Oct 2016
Sent AOS - 6th Oct 2016
USCIS received 11th Oct 2016
NOA 1 - 19th Oct 2016
Bio Appt - 10th Nov 2016
Request for EAD expedite - 15th Nov 2016
EAD expedite approved - 21st November 2016
AP approved - 21st November 2016
EAD mailed - 23rd November 2016

AOS I-485 status updated to 'ready to schedule interview' - 25th November 2016

EAD combo card received - 28th November (even though AP tracking hasn't changed since approval)

I still have NO updates..

I have an appointment on July 11th in St Louis.

I am hoping getting a person will finally be a move in the right direction!

Feb 4, 2016 check cashed

Aug. 5, 2016 was issused a new NOA2, the first one was never sent and it took 4 months to find and issue a new one

Aug, 29 Biometrics

Aug. 30 Medical

Oct. 3 interview

Oct. 3 APPROVED

Oct. 11 Visa issued

Hi this is what you do call uscis and ask for a tier 2 supervisor and ask them when your file was sent out to NVC like I did.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

I'm in the same boat with you guys,

7 weeks and NVC haven't received my Approved case,

Mine was approved May 27/16

i called uscis and they e-mailed me back 5 days later stating that my case was temporary put on hold due to security check, and they will render final decision once all checks are concluded!!! how long that might take? No one knows and why they re checking again no one knows! what a disappointment..

let the waiting began now,

good luck to everyone.

Timeline

I have waited and have tried to be patient, I do know that this takes time. but enough already!

I was approved on April 7th, I think from that day on it just sat on someones desk.

I have called and called and just tried of getting the same response, "There is nothing we can do you have to wait".

I called USCIS on May 23, and they told me it was in the middle of the final review and to give it week. They also warned me not to call so much they would freeze my case from taking them away from their work. I did not even do a serious inquiry until after the amount time I was to wait.

June first I did call to check, but they said my case was now closed. I am taking that as it has finally been sent, but they could not tell me when. I can only go by the dates between May 23 and June 1st and hope it was actually mailed.

I called NVC yesterday and they still have not received it. I have emailed my NOA2 to research on May 23 and still nothing. I called Monday and was told they would give my information to a supervisor.

I am trying to stay on top of it, but seriously enough is enough. NVC told me it can take 6 weeks for them to receive it from USCIS.

I am hoping by next week maybe I will have a case number so I can continue on...

Has anyone else had this long of a wait for their NVC case number and if so how did you cope or what did you do?

Thanks....

have you gotten your case number from the Nvc yet?

• 2 weeks later...

have you gotten your case number from the Nvc yet?

No..

Feb 4, 2016 check cashed

Aug, 29 Biometrics

Aug. 30 Medical

Oct. 3 interview

Oct. 3 APPROVED

Oct. 11 Visa issued

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi there. mine was approved last may 27, and i wait 2 months to get my case number. this is i want you to do call the uscis the imigration officer! and tell them what happen to your case. the first thing they gonna ask you is. what is your receipt number, full name and Dob of petitioner and the applicant. something like that. and there gonna assign a imigration officer for your case to response. so i waited for 2 weeks. and finally they send my packet to nvc. then after 4days i called the nvc. they said that my case just arrived. then the next day i got my case number and invoice number.

may 27, 2016 approved date

july 7,2016 i called the uscis immigration officer

july 21, 2016 they send my packet to nvc

july 24, 2016 my packet arrived in NVC

july 25, 2016 i got my case number and invoice

july 29, 2016 is now transit!

i wish you all good luck

patience my friend.

and always be positive ok!

Timeline

They got my case Last Thursday and assigned the case and invoice number Friday the 29th.

IT took them 62 DAYS TO RECEIVE AND ASSIGNED My CASE NUMBER,

TO those who are still waiting. Not to worry . My congressman got involved in my case and mentioned that USCIS Are backed up with approved petitions and

they are over loaded. The estimated time frame Specially May June . 6-8 weeks from the approval date.

it's coming for every body. be patient. There is Always hope.

good luck to every one.

Me too.

Have you contacted Both USCIS AND NVC?

What did they tell you?

You and me are in the same boat.

Yes I have.

To date it still has not been mailed, and no answers as to why they keep telling me one thing and do another.

Last week NVC finally replied to my May 13 request. They said this "NVC will work with USCIS to determine the location of your petition. We will let you know when we have more information. You do not need to take any action at this time. Thank you for your patience as we work with USCIS to ensure your case is moving forward.

I also have signed my privacy release and the congressman's office is making calls, and was finally able to talk to a "live" person yesterday and they are to look into it.

So my NOA2 will expire on August 6th without it ever being mailed.

I have been told they they will extend it, but no word yet!

I can only hope that now with the help of NVC researching it and the Congressman's office I will soon hear something.

Feb 4, 2016 check cashed

Aug, 29 Biometrics

Aug. 30 Medical

Oct. 3 interview

Oct. 3 APPROVED

Oct. 11 Visa issued

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

That's absolutely crazy. I am sorry for your situation :(

I received the same bogus email from NVC twice already. I got my congressman involved and NVC told them they would work on locating the petition with USCIS- that was beginning of last week but I've heard nothing yet. I'm going to try my luck yet again and call NVC in a bit.

You have been waiting waaaayyy too long and I feel very bad for your situation the frustration is probably insane at this point

That's absolutely crazy. I am sorry for your situation :(

I received the same bogus email from NVC twice already. I got my congressman involved and NVC told them they would work on locating the petition with USCIS- that was beginning of last week but I've heard nothing yet. I'm going to try my luck yet again and call NVC in a bit.

You have been waiting waaaayyy too long and I feel very bad for your situation the frustration is probably insane at this point

Thank you!

It's hard not to feel defeated at times. :(

Feb 4, 2016 check cashed

Aug, 29 Biometrics

Aug. 30 Medical

Oct. 3 interview

Oct. 3 APPROVED

Oct. 11 Visa issued

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.