7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

13231123_1749033385342779_409308996_n.jp

After a long, painful process of wait and anxiety - We received our reward today... My fiancee and her kid got her Visas issued

Surprisingly, the moment I saw this, i felt that everything we went through in last few months never happened...

Her First Interview was at 3rd March, there were documents missing and awkward answers.

My mother had her K1 and I had my K2 interview at Islamabad embassy on March3, and things turned out quite unexpected and mingled...

First of all, being Karachites, we seriously under-estimated the cold and had our teeth clutter for over 3 hours in below 7'C before our number was called.. Yes embassy had AC running too. We were both shivering by the time of interview and it must have gave the interviewer an appearance of "they are hiding something cause the are shivering with nerves" .

Secondly, my mother clearly asked for an interview in Urdu and she was allotted the one in English.. She gets scared from English..She is well educated but it is not easy to have an ear set for the American dialect, plus it was very noisy in the embassy and the speakers of interviewer sucked. Now what happened was that whenever the interviewer will ask a question she asks, what you said? I would repeat the same question in a plainer louder tone, and she replied in English... Ugh!!!

CO: Who is inviting you to US

Mum: My Fiance *****

CO:Which State are they inviting you to

Mum: City - State

CO:How long since he is in US

Mum; 25 Years

CO: Who invited your fiance to US

Mum: His brother ***** who is also her own joint sponsor

CO: How did you met

Mum: My husband's cousin **** in Lahore made our match

At this point I looked apologetically at the interviewer and he said yeah its quite crowdy in here. I asked if she can explain in urdu and he looked scared saying No I don't know Urdu..

CO: Have you been married before
I said, no its not a marriage its a fiance visa

He repeated his question and God I felt like a dolt.

Mum: Yes

CO: Why aren't you marrying in Pakistan than US

Apprehension Problem 1: After I repeated the question, my mother thought he said why are you marrying an American man instead of why are you going on a fiance visa than a spouse one

Mum; I AM NOT MARRYING USA I AM MARRYING ****** I HAVE OFFERED HIM TWICE TO COME TO PAKISTAN AND LIVE HERE AS I HAVE FAMILY, BANK BALANCE, OWN HOME HERE, HE HAS CAME HERE TWICE TO SEE IF HE CAN SETTLE HERE BUT HE COULDN'T HE DISLIKES EVERYTHING HERE

now this is all absolutely true, and co smiled in return but it wasn't answering the question eh?

Then CO did something so strange he surprised me. He asked my mum to leave and question me..

CO: When your parents divorced

Me; Before I was born

CO; date

I said: I don't know but mum always say her marriage continued for 8 month 20 days. my father never saw me I never saw him,

CO: Divorce paper say 2006

Me: It is date of issuance of certificate, Certificate was made later when the doc was required for my own documentation

CO: Have you met *mum fiance*

Me; I smiled really hard at his name- Yes, he is a really nice person..

CO; where he work, specifically

Me: I confused the name, it was ****** or ***** he worked at *** when we met him, he basically work in retails

CO: Has he been married before:
Me; Then I babbled on about how my mum supported him through his painful divorce, after a torturous wedding which gave him two heart attacks and two by-passes , how his children don't talk to him and he puts me in place of his daughter. How I shouldn't be telling him about all this but I am cause I really want to share ( yes i actually said this )

Then CO saw the pics.. I told him we got load of pics and exchange details, but he never asked for any phone record, jewellery receipts etc, He asked for itineraries but in form of Passport stabs as itineraries are forge-able and we - HAD MISSED THOSE--

That was the ruining point.. He kept saying that he will look at the case after the stabs are received, I asked if we will have a re interview- he said no, we will look at it from ther, we asked how fast can we send them in, he said depends on you

He handed us the AP sheet with box1 refusal checked in and below the passport stab box checked in.. he said you are done for the day

Now my mother sent the stabs within an hour from nearest AMEX office that my step-father to be scanned at his sister's house at 1 o clock and emailed us. he also faxed the embassy.

Today, on March 7, the case date was updated in immigrant part where it still says AP

In non immigrant part it says, no status

I have no idea what just happened.. My mum and his fiance are like a heaven made couple, both are in 40/50 and people who have found their relief in each other.. They talk 4 times a day, have tons of proof photos, my step father to be has bought so much jewellery for her/w receipts... none of it was seen or considered..

How did it became so awkward! Will the case, which is so genuine and pure fall into complications now? Both petitioner and beneficiary are absolutely clean with their criminal/ terrorist/ tax law obedience records... My step father to be has successfully petitioned for his ex- brothers in law (ironically they acted as primary in ruining his marriage), his brother is a political donor and rich person.. Over all the are respected people and have awesome record with foreign petitions.. This is a genuine case... It is their second marriages but they are both in age group where it is ought to be second marriage..

At this stage we were pretty sure that we won't receive our visa soon if at all.

Then were Updates: 4 March | 7 March | 8 March | 15 March | 25 March (Mail Update) | 4 April |

On 4 April, my fiancee received a phone call from Islamabad embassy asking for for a humble re-interview. All the money spent on her first trip was down the drain, but we found ourselves thankful for the opportunity to clarify ourselves if somewhat disappointed on not receiving the visa right away..

In any case my fiancee fixed a date of 12 April and went again for her re-interview to Islamabad. It was more of an investigation. She was taken to a separate room, and a separate lawyer-like VO, though she thankfully got a translator this time

This is a very useful review if you have Re-Interview

So embassy called us on 6 April and wanted a second interview. They were very kind and gave her a date of her ease..

She had a name clearance so it was easy entry, she went through shuttle and stuff..

They took her to a separate room with posters horrifying any liar. They left her in room for some time, and she got really relaxed

A lawyer like CO (Caucasian) discussed her file with a local man who later translated, while he did a very thorough questioning from her. There were questions regarding her own life like why is she marrying now and why not after her first divorce.. They had complete record of Petitioner's life. and asked questions like who live with him (none), on whose name is the property (petitioner) ,.. Who are the other people whose name show up in the record (a women had rented house earlier) who lives in his other house (his former wife, a daughter husband, younger daughter.. son moved out) whose name is it transferred to (wife after divorce).. Why his name show up in list ( entire family moved there before separation) How the divorce process was run

And so many technical questions....

She answered very well, the translator was excellent. Interviewer was very glad and said that he find no complication in the case and is referring it to his co worker

The CO asked some questions too.. Then said that you are approved you will get back your passport with visa, upon inquiry he said it will take 10 days

He also thanked her for coming to be re-interviewed and cooperating so much

Her answers proved to be more comprehensive than questions and she won them this time.. She came back happy

A long long long wait followed

CEAC Status changed to Ready and there were following Updates: 20 April | 21 April | 23 April | 25 April | 3 May (Mail Update) | 9 May (Mail Update) | 11 May

Just when we were about to die waiting yesterday, we got | 17 May | Case Creation date changed and Moved to Non-Immigrant visa |

And today we were issued..

It was such a long process. I being a heart patient found this process too damn tolling. While my fiancee had to navigate through a huge no. of challenges on her own on the other end of world..

To everyone going through these processes.. #Respect for your stamina. There will be bumps on the road. And things might seem very gloomy at times. But stay strong, and you will get through it with your visas stamped and the relation with your partner tested and hence stronger than ever. (F) (F)

:goofy: :goofy: :goofy: :goofy: :goofy: :goofy: :goofy:

K-1 Case Filed: August 2015

Interview # 1: 3 March 2016 ➡ Results: AP :cry:

Updates: 4 March | 7 March | 8 March | 15 March | 25 March (Mail Update) | 4 April | 8 April (Mail Update) | :clock: CEAC Status: Administrative Processing

Interview # 2: 12 April 2016 ➡ Results: APPROVED :dancing:

Updates: 20 April | 21 April | 23 April | 25 April | 3 May (Mail Update) | 9 May (Mail Update) | 11 May | :girlwerewolf2xn: CEAC Status: Ready

| 17 May | Case Creation date changed and Moved to Non-Immigrant visa | :shocked: CEAC Status: Administrative Processing

:jest::energy: 18 May & Issued :energy::jest:

| 20 May | Fiancee Passport available for Pick up

| Never showed up | Fiancee's Daughter Passport available for Pick up :sleepy:

| 21 May | Passport Picked up :dance:

| 14 June | P.O.E at Atlanta :dancing:

AOS Case Filed: June 2016

Current Status:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Firstly; super congratulations!! I hope you have an amazing life together. And secondly; I chuckled at your avatar lol, that's so many of us like that at the end of our visa journeys

01/13/2016: I-129F filed  07/15/2016: K-1 visa in hand
10/13/2016: Filed AOS + EAD/AP.   07/07/2017: Permanent resident (Conditional)
04/16/2019: Filed ROC  11/17/2020: Approved. (10 yr GC)

Naturalization                                                        
09/02/2020: Filed (Online)    09/08/2020: NOA1: (NBC
10/22/2020: Biometrics Reuse Notice.  12/22/2020: Online Status Changed to Interview Was Scheduled.  
01/29/2021: N-400 Interview - PASSED! 01/29/2021: Same-day oath ceremony.  

'Merica. 

Timeline

WOW! What a journey!!

Congratulations and enjoy your lives together! :dancing:

:dance:

congratulations...

Thanks

:goofy:

Updates: 4 March | 7 March | 8 March | 15 March | 25 March (Mail Update) | 4 April | 8 April (Mail Update) | :clock: CEAC Status: Administrative Processing

Updates: 20 April | 21 April | 23 April | 25 April | 3 May (Mail Update) | 9 May (Mail Update) | 11 May | :girlwerewolf2xn: CEAC Status: Ready

| 17 May | Case Creation date changed and Moved to Non-Immigrant visa | :shocked: CEAC Status: Administrative Processing

Current Status:

Timeline

Firstly; super congratulations!! I hope you have an amazing life together. And secondly; I chuckled at your avatar lol, that's so many of us like that at the end of our visa journeys

Thanks!

I know right, I am glad you noticed..

Going into CEAC can feel like entering into mordor sometime :rofl:

Current Status:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.