av8or1

I-129F TRANSFER THREAD - If you have been recently transferred, please post here!!!

272 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hi-

According to the announcement that was made today, Thursday March 26, 2015, the USCIS will begin transferring I-129F petitions to the CSC effective tomorrow, Friday March 27, 2015. You can see the announcement on the USCIS's website:

http://www.uscis.gov/news/alerts/workload-transfer-within-service-center-operations

And here it is again cut-and-pasted for convenience:

SCIS recently made two operational changes to balance our overall workload.

Workload Realignment

USCIS recently began transferring some Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, cases filed by lawful permanent residents for their eligible family members from the Vermont Service Center to the California Service Center.

If your case was transferred, USCIS will send you a notice listing the transfer date and where your case will be processed. Your original receipt number will not change and this will not delay the processing of your cases except for the additional time needed to transfer the file.

Effective March 27, 2015, USCIS will transfer the adjudication of some cases to balance our overall workload. The affected cases include those filed with the following forms:

• I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancé(e)
  • I-140, Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker
  • I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status (employment and asylum-based only)
  • I-821D/I-765, Consideration of Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals/ Application for Employment Authorization (initial and renewal requests)

The filing location and instructions for these forms will not change. Please continue to file the forms at the address noted on the form instructions and on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov.

How to Track the Status of Your Case

You can check your case status at Case Status Online by entering your receipt number. You can also sign up to receive automatic case status updates by email.

You can ask us about the status of your case if you do not receive a decision within the published processing time. You may submit an inquiry using e-Request or call the National Customer Service Center (NCSC) at 1-800-375-5283. For TDD hearing-impaired assistance, please call 1-800-767-1833. When asking about your case status, tell us your original receipt number and also say that your case was transferred to a new location.

If we send you any notice (such as a request for evidence), please read the notice carefully and follow the instructions provided.

If you move while your case is pending, you must inform USCIS of your address change. You may do so online or by calling the NCSC. It is important that you notify us of any address change as soon as possible, so that you continue to receive notifications from USCIS.

Therefore, in order to track the progress of these transfers and to keep statistics on their effectiveness (or at least try to) let's open a new thread solely for that purpose.

So. If you've been transferred, please post here with your NOA1 date and the date that your transfer was effective. Naturally, please post when you receive any further progress on your petition to include RFEs and obviously your NOA2. If we can keep the information in one thread it will be more effective and helpful to all of us because we will be able to monitor the progress of these transfers and gauge our own progress against that of others who have also been transferred.

Clearly no one has been transferred today, since it will begin tomorrow. But we'll kick off the thread today anyway to prepare. Here's hoping that the awareness we've all raised during the past few months will pay dividends to TSC filers who've been waiting by balancing the processing times with the CSC. And hopefully that will have a longer term effect than the previous round of transfers last August. All of that is TBD, but we're glad that some folk might indeed be helped by all of this!

Let us know about your transfer and keep everyone apprised of its progress! Thanks!

9/8/14 - I129F petition sent to the USCIS lockbox via USPS
9/11/14 - Petition received @ USCIS lockbox
9/11/14 - NOA1 Email and text message received
9/15/14 - NOA1 Official notice date
9/18/14 - NOA1 hard copy received
12/9/14 - "Updated" likely because of website repairs, like many of us received
4/20/15 - NOA2 text and email (221 days)

4/29/15 - Sent to the NVC (9 days)

5/8/15 - Arrived at the NVC (9 days)

5/13/15 - Left the NVC (5 days)

5/15/15 - Electronic version arrived at the embassy (2 days)

5/20/15 - Paper copy arrived at the embassy (7 days)

6/4/15 - Status changed to AP (which meant that we could schedule the interview)

6/16/15 - Medical

6/17/15 - K1 APPROVED!!!!

6/30/15 - Passport and sealed envelope delivered via courier

Timeline
Awesome!!! :)

That it is!!! I'm gonna be very interested to see who is transferred and how it works out for them.......

Edited by av8or1

6/4/15 - Status changed to AP (which meant that we could schedule the interview)

6/16/15 - Medical

Tracking thread!

Yes, if we keep this thread alive, we may be able to gauge who is transferred and how CSC is handling the current cases. So happy that TSC should have less K-1 petitions!!!!!

Signature coming soon...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Hi-

According to the announcement that was made today, Thursday March 26, 2015, the USCIS will begin transferring I-129F petitions to the CSC effective tomorrow, Friday March 27, 2015. You can see the announcement on the USCIS's website:

http://www.uscis.gov/news/alerts/workload-transfer-within-service-center-operations

And here it is again cut-and-pasted for convenience:

SCIS recently made two operational changes to balance our overall workload.

Workload Realignment

USCIS recently began transferring some Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, cases filed by lawful permanent residents for their eligible family members from the Vermont Service Center to the California Service Center.

If your case was transferred, USCIS will send you a notice listing the transfer date and where your case will be processed. Your original receipt number will not change and this will not delay the processing of your cases except for the additional time needed to transfer the file.

Effective March 27, 2015, USCIS will transfer the adjudication of some cases to balance our overall workload. The affected cases include those filed with the following forms:

• I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancé(e)
  • I-140, Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker
  • I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status (employment and asylum-based only)
  • I-821D/I-765, Consideration of Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals/ Application for Employment Authorization (initial and renewal requests)

The filing location and instructions for these forms will not change. Please continue to file the forms at the address noted on the form instructions and on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov.

How to Track the Status of Your Case

You can check your case status at Case Status Online by entering your receipt number. You can also sign up to receive automatic case status updates by email.

You can ask us about the status of your case if you do not receive a decision within the published processing time. You may submit an inquiry using e-Request or call the National Customer Service Center (NCSC) at 1-800-375-5283. For TDD hearing-impaired assistance, please call 1-800-767-1833. When asking about your case status, tell us your original receipt number and also say that your case was transferred to a new location.

If we send you any notice (such as a request for evidence), please read the notice carefully and follow the instructions provided.

If you move while your case is pending, you must inform USCIS of your address change. You may do so online or by calling the NCSC. It is important that you notify us of any address change as soon as possible, so that you continue to receive notifications from USCIS.

Therefore, in order to track the progress of these transfers and to keep statistics on their effectiveness (or at least try to) let's open a new thread solely for that purpose.

So. If you've been transferred, please post here with your NOA1 date and the date that your transfer was effective. Naturally, please post when you receive any further progress on your petition to include RFEs and obviously your NOA2. If we can keep the information in one thread it will be more effective and helpful to all of us because we will be able to monitor the progress of these transfers and gauge our own progress against that of others who have also been transferred.

Clearly no one has been transferred today, since it will begin tomorrow. But we'll kick off the thread today anyway to prepare. Here's hoping that the awareness we've all raised during the past few months will pay dividends to TSC filers who've been waiting by balancing the processing times with the CSC. And hopefully that will have a longer term effect than the previous round of transfers last August. All of that is TBD, but we're glad that some folk might indeed be helped by all of this!

Let us know about your transfer and keep everyone apprised of its progress! Thanks!

Are you sure this is about TSC Filers ?! Because it says " USCIS recently began transferring some Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, cases filed by lawful permanent residents for their eligible family members from the Vermont Service Center to the California Service Center. "

I wish you are right but I don't understand why it says from the Vermont Service Center though ??? :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

Service Center : Texas Service Center (TSC)

I-129F Sent : September 3rd, 2014

I-129F NOA1 : September 10th, 2014

... After 222 days ...

I-129F NOA2 : April 20th, 2015

I-129F NOA2 Hard copy : April 27th, 2015

I-129F NOA2 Sent to NVC : May 8th, 2015

NVC receive our case : May 11th, 2015

NVC attribute case number : May 11th, 2015

Our case left NVC : May 14th, 2015

Our case arrive at Paris Embassy : May 18th, 2015

Packet 3 received : June 5th, 2015

Medical : June 23th, 2015

Interview : June 25th, 2015

Visa received : July 8th, 2015

Departure :

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kosova
Timeline

Yeah I want to know if this is the good news for Texas Service Center filers.

Are you sure this is about TSC Filers ?! Because it says " USCIS recently began transferring some Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, cases filed by lawful permanent residents for their eligible family members from the Vermont Service Center to the California Service Center. "

I wish you are right but I don't understand why it says from the Vermont Service Center though ??? :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

Yeah I want to know if this is the good news for Texas Service Center filers.

I think the problem is the wording. First it mentions it recently (so that is past tense) transferred these particular cases. Then it starts a new paragraph and mentions that effective tomorrow it will be transferring these other cases.

The big clue here is that VSC does NOT handle I129Fs. Only TSC and CSC does. Therefore, it's a good bet TSC is being mentioned here although not in a direct manner. They need to hire a better proofreader.

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

Timeline

Yuna is correct. The reference to the I-130 petitions from the VSC is separated because those transfers have already taken place. That is to say that they are in the past. The notice then continues by saying that effective tomorrow (ergo in the future) the following petition types will follow suit, and the list that is given includes the I-129F. Although it doesn't technically say where the I-129F petitions will be transferred, it is implied from the previous mention of CSC and also given from the fact that only the TSC and CSC are actively processing the I-129F. Granted, some I-129F petitions do make their way to the VSC, but it is unlikely (although possible) that any such petitions will be transferred from the TSC to the VSC. They'll go to the CSC and hopefully the processing time imbalance will be restored.

Time will tell.

Edited by av8or1

6/16/15 - Medical

Timeline

Yuna is correct. The reference to the I-130 petitions from the VSC is separated because those transfers have already taken place. That is to say that they are in the past. The notice then continues by saying that effective tomorrow (ergo in the future) the following petition types will follow suit, and the list that is given includes the I-129F. Although it doesn't technically say where the I-129F petitions will be transferred, it is implied from the previous mention of CSC and also given from the fact that only the TSC and CSC are actively processing the I-129F. Granted, some I-129F petitions do make their way to the VSC, but it is unlikely (although possible) that any such petitions will be transferred from the TSC to the VSC. They'll go to the CSC and hopefully the processing time imbalance will be restored.

Time will tell.

Great !! Thanks everyone :) I hope we get some news tomorrow then.. It's been a loooooot of waiting !! :clock:

... After 222 days ...

Departure :

Timeline

Great !! Thanks everyone :) I hope we get some news tomorrow then.. It's been a loooooot of waiting !! :clock:

Yeah it has. It has indeed. Understand that although the process of transferring will begin tomorrow, not all petitions that are or will be selected for transferal will be completed in one day. And not everyone who is or will be transferred will receive their notices in one day either. So be patient, we'll see what happens.

As others have mentioned, it seems most likely that they'll transfer petitions from November/December based on the transfer that took place last year. That's a good approximation and makes for reasonable argument, but personally I'll wait to see exactly who is selected. We'll only know if those who are chosen post information about their transfer in this thread. So speak up if you are one of the lucky transfers! Thanks!

6/16/15 - Medical

Timeline

Yeah it has. It has indeed. Understand that although the process of transferring will begin tomorrow, not all petitions that are or will be selected for transferal will be completed in one day. And not everyone who is or will be transferred will receive their notices in one day either. So be patient, we'll see what happens.

As others have mentioned, it seems most likely that they'll transfer petitions from November/December based on the transfer that took place last year. That's a good approximation and makes for reasonable argument, but personally I'll wait to see exactly who is selected. We'll only know if those who are chosen post information about their transfer in this thread. So speak up if you are one of the lucky transfers! Thanks!

Yea I do know that but we need some hope here ! We never know Ahah

I will if I'm among the lucky ones to get transferred :) I saw that you had your NOA1 on September 15th, I had mine September 10th we are close ! Let's see if the choice is random or if there is some logic ;)

... After 222 days ...

Departure :

Timeline

Yea I do know that but we need some hope here ! We never know Ahah

I will if I'm among the lucky ones to get transferred :) I saw that you had your NOA1 on September 15th, I had mine September 10th we are close ! Let's see if the choice is random or if there is some logic ;)

My NOA1 date is September 11th. Granted, not much difference, but ... LOL

I don't know what the "Notice Date" means because September 11th is what I see when I log in to check my case status. So that's what I go by.

I am doubtful that any September filers will be included in the transfer. We won't know until they notify everyone of course, but it seems unlikely. TBD.

6/16/15 - Medical

My NOA1 date is September 11th. Granted, not much difference, but ... LOL

I don't know what the "Notice Date" means because September 11th is what I see when I log in to check my case status. So that's what I go by.

I am doubtful that any September filers will be included in the transfer. We won't know until they notify everyone of course, but it seems unlikely. TBD.

It's usually two days or so later. So in reality your NOA1 date is around September 13th or 14th. Your NOA1 hardcopy letter will tell you. It's the later date in one of the blocks.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.