MandL

AOS Packet, Name Change question. (merged threads)

60 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from Phil. Regional Forum to Fam.-based AOS Forum~

~Inquiry about AOS-related processes_

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Hank,

Thank's for reply,

I only had 1 vaccine shots from st. Lukes and I believe i still need the TDAP shot which was not available when i took my Medical at St. Lukes. However it doesn't say on my Vaccination record that I need it. So I'm not so sure if i need to go to Civil surgeon and get that shot as my 3025 looks completed.

Do u have any Idea as to how the vaccine form looks like if you're missing vaccine shots? And if you need to complete more vaccination?

Near the bottom of the DS-3025 there are two boxes one is if all US vaccination required are met and the other is vaccinations are still required. Which box is checked on your DS-3025? That is how you will know if you need to see a civil surgeon or not.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Everyone!

Just a question on How to answer these forms.

For married, I understand we now need to use our married name, so our Last name when we were Single will now be used as MIDDLE NAME is that correct? And our husband's Last Name will now serve As our LAST NAME For all of these application Am I correct? I know this is kinda common sense but bear with me as we just don't want to get RFE plus there's nothing with asking :)

Also with I-765 question regarding Place of Last Entry do we put our POE (Airport) or the state where we currently staying?

Thank You So Much!!!

If you want to follow the Philippines format for married name (and not have issues later dealing with the Philippines), yes you maiden name is now your middle name and your husband's surname is now your last name.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Near the bottom of the DS-3025 there are two boxes one is if all US vaccination required are met and the other is vaccinations are still required. Which box is checked on your DS-3025? That is how you will know if you need to see a civil surgeon or not.

Hi Hank,

Thank's for reply :)

Neither of the Box are checked that's why I don't know if I need to see civil surgeon.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Three threads merged, there is no need to make additional thread for each question. It helps members see all your questions together to give the best replies. ~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Here is a simple letter to use to send with your packet. Go down the list and use it like a check list. You didn't indicate if you have any K2's, but if you do then include what is in this letter otherwise skip. If you were annulled or divorced include what is in the letter otherwise skip.

Any questions come back and ask and we will help you.

RE: I-485, Application to Adjust Status (K1 visa)

Applicant: Last name, First Name Middle Name

A-205-XXX-XXX

Gentleman/Madam:

Attached is my I-485 Application to Adjust Status from a K1 fiancée visa. (Include the following if you are filing AOS for any K2s) Included in this mailing are I-485 application packets for my children, First Middle and Last name (list all children who you will be adjusting their status with this packet).

Included in the documentation are:

1. Check for $1,070 (include the appropriate amount based on your application)

2. I-693 medical exam report in sealed envelope (many here and I have to agree this is not needed if you have a complete DS-3025. If you have a complete DS-3025 include a copy of page 4 of the I-485 instructions with section 7c highlighted and staple that to the copy of the DS-3025 because some adjudicators think everyone should send in the I-693 which isn't true).

3. 2 Passport-style photos for my husband and I

4. I-485, Petition

5. G-325, Biographic Information, forms for myself (and my two children)

6. Copy of the I-797 Approval Notice of Action for my I-129F petition

7. Copies of my K1 visa, I-94 and Philippines passport data page

8. Copies of both of our birth certificates

9. Copy of our Certificate of Marriage

10. Copy of my husbands Dissolution Decree from a prior marriage(s) (only if this is true for your case)

11. Copy of the death certificate from other former wife of my husband (only needed if a prior marriage ended in the death of a spouse)

12. Copies of my Certificate of Finality and Decision to terminate my former marriage (included for either an annulment or a divorce)

13. My husbands I-864, employer letter, 2013, 2012 and 2011 tax returns, W-2 forms, SS form (this is schedule of payments from social security if your husband is receiving SS benefits) and pay stubs

14. I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, with supporting documents

15. I-131, Application for travel Document with supporting documents

Thank you for your kind attention to this application.

Respectfully,

First, middle and last.

Hi I am also researching for the same concern. Are these all the requirements and forms for adjustment of status?

tommybear, on 18 Feb 2015 - 10:59 AM, said:tommybear, on 18 Feb 2015 - 10:59 AM, said:

Hi I am also researching for the same concern. Are these all the requirements and forms for adjustment of status?

That is the checklist and cover letter we used. We received NO RFE's nor were we required to have the standard interview. Our GC's where approved straight away. Good luck on yours.

BTW, ours was a little complicated with her Divorce and my deceased wife there were additional documents we submitted and I indicated that on the checklist so you can skip those lines but I left them there in the rare case someone else has one or the other, or both.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Here is a simple letter to use to send with your packet. Go down the list and use it like a check list. You didn't indicate if you have any K2's, but if you do then include what is in this letter otherwise skip. If you were annulled or divorced include what is in the letter otherwise skip.

Any questions come back and ask and we will help you.

RE: I-485, Application to Adjust Status (K1 visa)

Applicant: Last name, First Name Middle Name

A-205-XXX-XXX

Gentleman/Madam:

Attached is my I-485 Application to Adjust Status from a K1 fiancée visa. (Include the following if you are filing AOS for any K2s) Included in this mailing are I-485 application packets for my children, First Middle and Last name (list all children who you will be adjusting their status with this packet).

Included in the documentation are:

1. Check for $1,070 (include the appropriate amount based on your application)

2. I-693 medical exam report in sealed envelope (many here and I have to agree this is not needed if you have a complete DS-3025. If you have a complete DS-3025 include a copy of page 4 of the I-485 instructions with section 7c highlighted and staple that to the copy of the DS-3025 because some adjudicators think everyone should send in the I-693 which isn't true).

3. 2 Passport-style photos for my husband and I

4. I-485, Petition

5. G-325, Biographic Information, forms for myself (and my two children)

6. Copy of the I-797 Approval Notice of Action for my I-129F petition

7. Copies of my K1 visa, I-94 and Philippines passport data page

8. Copies of both of our birth certificates

9. Copy of our Certificate of Marriage

10. Copy of my husbands Dissolution Decree from a prior marriage(s) (only if this is true for your case)

11. Copy of the death certificate from other former wife of my husband (only needed if a prior marriage ended in the death of a spouse)

12. Copies of my Certificate of Finality and Decision to terminate my former marriage (included for either an annulment or a divorce)

13. My husbands I-864, employer letter, 2013, 2012 and 2011 tax returns, W-2 forms, SS form (this is schedule of payments from social security if your husband is receiving SS benefits) and pay stubs

14. I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, with supporting documents

15. I-131, Application for travel Document with supporting documents

Thank you for your kind attention to this application.

Respectfully,

First, middle and last.

Hi I am researching the same thing. Is that all the requirements for adjustment of status? Thanks

tommybear, on 18 Feb 2015 - 11:07 AM, said:

Hi I am researching the same thing. Is that all the requirements for adjustment of status? Thanks

Yes.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

That is the checklist and cover letter we used. We received NO RFE's nor were we required to have the standard interview. Our GC's where approved straight away. Good luck on yours.

BTW, ours was a little complicated with her Divorce and my deceased wife there were additional documents we submitted and I indicated that on the checklist so you can skip those lines but I left them there in the rare case someone else has one or the other, or both.

Thanks Greenbaum. We are getting married on Friday and just want to be prepared.

Greenbaum is that for K1 visa?

tommybear, on 18 Feb 2015 - 11:14 AM, said:

Greenbaum is that for K1 visa?

No.... for the AOS which is done after marriage (I-485, Application to Adjust Status (K1 visa))

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

No.... for the AOS which is done after marriage (I-485, Application to Adjust Status (K1 visa))

Oh yes sorry. The filing fee is too expensive. Is that the general filing fee?

Oh yes sorry. The filing fee is too expensive. Is that the general filing fee?

That is the filing fee for one person. Age 14 – 78 Fee $985 plus Biometric Services Fee $85 equals the Total of $1,070 <------------ you pay this amount for the AOS for K1. No way of getting around it and there are no discounts.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

That is the filing fee for one person. Age 14 78 Fee $985 plus Biometric Services Fee $85 equals the Total of $1,070 <------------ you pay this amount for the AOS for K1. No way of getting around it and there are no discounts.

Where do you pay it?

That is the filing fee for one person. Age 14 78 Fee $985 plus Biometric Services Fee $85 equals the Total of $1,070 <------------ you pay this amount for the AOS for K1. No way of getting around it and there are no discounts.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.