MandL

AOS Packet, Name Change question. (merged threads)

60 posts in this topic

Where do you pay it?

Gather all your documents as you follow the checklist. Assemble everything in the order that is outlined in the checklist. Make a cover letter much like mine listing all your documents and information just as I have it. Put the letter on top of the supporting documents, attach a check for the fee and send off to the Chicago Lock Box address. It will take a few months so have patience.

Additional links:

http://www.uscis.gov/green-card/green-card-through-family/green-card-through-special-categories-family/k-nonimmigrant

http://www.uscis.gov/i-485

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Gather all your documents as you follow the checklist. Assemble everything in the order that is outlined in the checklist. Make a cover letter much like mine listing all your documents and information just as I have it. Put the letter on top of the supporting documents, attach a check for the fee and send off to the Chicago Lock Box address. It will take a few months so have patience.

Additional links:

http://www.uscis.gov/green-card/green-card-through-family/green-card-through-special-categories-family/k-nonimmigrant

http://www.uscis.gov/i-485

Thank you so much Greenbaum!

Near the bottom of the DS-3025 there are two boxes one is if all US vaccination required are met and the other is vaccinations are still required. Which box is checked on your DS-3025? That is how you will know if you need to see a civil surgeon or not.

Hank what if neither of the box isn't check? Mine doesn't have checked. When I had my medical at st.lukes I didn't have vaccine for tetanus because it wasn't available and the doctor said I can just have it here.

Here is a simple letter to use to send with your packet. Go down the list and use it like a check list. You didn't indicate if you have any K2's, but if you do then include what is in this letter otherwise skip. If you were annulled or divorced include what is in the letter otherwise skip.

Any questions come back and ask and we will help you.

RE: I-485, Application to Adjust Status (K1 visa)

Applicant: Last name, First Name Middle Name

A-205-XXX-XXX

Gentleman/Madam:

Attached is my I-485 Application to Adjust Status from a K1 fiancée visa. (Include the following if you are filing AOS for any K2s) Included in this mailing are I-485 application packets for my children, First Middle and Last name (list all children who you will be adjusting their status with this packet).

Included in the documentation are:

1. Check for $1,070 (include the appropriate amount based on your application)

2. I-693 medical exam report in sealed envelope (many here and I have to agree this is not needed if you have a complete DS-3025. If you have a complete DS-3025 include a copy of page 4 of the I-485 instructions with section 7c highlighted and staple that to the copy of the DS-3025 because some adjudicators think everyone should send in the I-693 which isn't true).

3. 2 Passport-style photos for my husband and I

4. I-485, Petition

5. G-325, Biographic Information, forms for myself (and my two children)

6. Copy of the I-797 Approval Notice of Action for my I-129F petition

7. Copies of my K1 visa, I-94 and Philippines passport data page

8. Copies of both of our birth certificates

9. Copy of our Certificate of Marriage

10. Copy of my husbands Dissolution Decree from a prior marriage(s) (only if this is true for your case)

11. Copy of the death certificate from other former wife of my husband (only needed if a prior marriage ended in the death of a spouse)

12. Copies of my Certificate of Finality and Decision to terminate my former marriage (included for either an annulment or a divorce)

13. My husbands I-864, employer letter, 2013, 2012 and 2011 tax returns, W-2 forms, SS form (this is schedule of payments from social security if your husband is receiving SS benefits) and pay stubs

14. I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, with supporting documents

15. I-131, Application for travel Document with supporting documents

Thank you for your kind attention to this application.

Respectfully,

First, middle and last.

What are the supporting documents of I-765 & I-131?

What are the supporting documents of I-765 & I-131?

I-765

2 passport photos (US passport size) – name and alien number printed lightly on back in pencil or felt pen

Photocopy of passport biographical details page

Copy of I-94 – Arrival/Departure record (front & back)

Copy of Marriage certificate (to show name change)

I-131

2 passport photos (US passport size) – name and alien number printed lightly on back in pencil or felt pen

Copy of K1 visa (to show present status)

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

I-765

2 passport photos (US passport size) name and alien number printed lightly on back in pencil or felt pen

Copy of I-94 Arrival/Departure record (front & back)

I-131

2 passport photos (US passport size) name and alien number printed lightly on back in pencil or felt pen

Copy of K1 visa (to show present status)

Thank you so much Greenbaum. I'm kinda confused about the I-693 if I still need to see a surgeon. I my DS 3025 doesn't shown if I'm complete or incomplete. But during my medical, I wasn't able to get a vaccine for tetanus because it wasn't available and the doctor told me that I could just have it here. Do I still need to see a surgeon?

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hank what if neither of the box isn't check? Mine doesn't have checked. When I had my medical at st.lukes I didn't have vaccine for tetanus because it wasn't available and the doctor said I can just have it here.

The I-485 instructions on page 4, section 7c state that if you had a medical within past year need only submit a copy of your vaccinations record (DS-3025). I suggest if you decide to sent a copy of the DS-3025 with your I-485 that you also print out page 4 of the instructions, highlighting section 7c and attaching it to your DS-3025 (some adjudicators are not aware that the I-693 is NOT required). No where in the instructions does it make any mention of completeness of vaccinations, just that you had a medical.

http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-485instr.pdf

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

The I-485 instructions on page 4, section 7c state that if you had a medical within past year need only submit a copy of your vaccinations record (DS-3025). I suggest if you decide to sent a copy of the DS-3025 with your I-485 that you also print out page 4 of the instructions, highlighting section 7c and attaching it to your DS-3025 (some adjudicators are not aware that the I-693 is NOT required). No where in the instructions does it make any mention of completeness of vaccinations, just that you had a medical.

http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-485instr.pdf

Thank you so much Hank! God bless!

Here is a simple letter to use to send with your packet. Go down the list and use it like a check list. You didn't indicate if you have any K2's, but if you do then include what is in this letter otherwise skip. If you were annulled or divorced include what is in the letter otherwise skip.

Any questions come back and ask and we will help you.

RE: I-485, Application to Adjust Status (K1 visa)

Applicant: Last name, First Name Middle Name

A-205-XXX-XXX

Gentleman/Madam:

Attached is my I-485 Application to Adjust Status from a K1 fiancée visa. (Include the following if you are filing AOS for any K2s) Included in this mailing are I-485 application packets for my children, First Middle and Last name (list all children who you will be adjusting their status with this packet).

Included in the documentation are:

1. Check for $1,070 (include the appropriate amount based on your application)

2. I-693 medical exam report in sealed envelope (many here and I have to agree this is not needed if you have a complete DS-3025. If you have a complete DS-3025 include a copy of page 4 of the I-485 instructions with section 7c highlighted and staple that to the copy of the DS-3025 because some adjudicators think everyone should send in the I-693 which isn't true).

3. 2 Passport-style photos for my husband and I

4. I-485, Petition

5. G-325, Biographic Information, forms for myself (and my two children)

6. Copy of the I-797 Approval Notice of Action for my I-129F petition

7. Copies of my K1 visa, I-94 and Philippines passport data page

8. Copies of both of our birth certificates

9. Copy of our Certificate of Marriage

10. Copy of my husbands Dissolution Decree from a prior marriage(s) (only if this is true for your case)

11. Copy of the death certificate from other former wife of my husband (only needed if a prior marriage ended in the death of a spouse)

12. Copies of my Certificate of Finality and Decision to terminate my former marriage (included for either an annulment or a divorce)

13. My husbands I-864, employer letter, 2013, 2012 and 2011 tax returns, W-2 forms, SS form (this is schedule of payments from social security if your husband is receiving SS benefits) and pay stubs

14. I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, with supporting documents

15. I-131, Application for travel Document with supporting documents

Thank you for your kind attention to this application.

Respectfully,

First, middle and last.

Greenbaum, whats this number A-205-xxx-xxx?

tommybear, on 26 Feb 2015 - 1:02 PM, said:

Greenbaum, whats this number A-205-xxx-xxx?

Alien number and it is 9 numbers plus an A at the front. The Number can be found on your visa under the husband's name.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Alien number and it is 9 numbers plus an A at the front. The Number can be found on your visa under the husband's name.

I'm not seeing that number on my visa. And I ask my husband he can't remember but we haven't had thorough search for that so we'll figure it out soon I hope.

I'm not seeing that number on my visa. And I ask my husband he can't remember but we haven't had thorough search for that so we'll figure it out soon I hope.

The A number can be found on the NOA2.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Thank you so much Greenbaum. I'm kinda confused about the I-693 if I still need to see a surgeon. I my DS 3025 doesn't shown if I'm complete or incomplete. But during my medical, I wasn't able to get a vaccine for tetanus because it wasn't available and the doctor told me that I could just have it here. Do I still need to see a surgeon?

People are telling you to send only the DS-3025 but skipping over this bit of info you have provided about missing a vaccination.

You can only skip the civil surgeon and getting an I-693 if you had all the vaccinations at the time of your K-1 and they were marked off on the DS-3025 properly. You need to get the missing vaccination and see a civil surgeon to have the vaccinations transcribed onto an I-693. See this post for all the details > http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/428381-i-693-report-of-medical-examination-and-vaccination-report/?p=6206232

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

People are telling you to send only the DS-3025 but skipping over this bit of info you have provided about missing a vaccination.

You can only skip the civil surgeon and getting an I-693 if you had all the vaccinations at the time of your K-1 and they were marked off on the DS-3025 properly. You need to get the missing vaccination and see a civil surgeon to have the vaccinations transcribed onto an I-693. See this post for all the details > http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/428381-i-693-report-of-medical-examination-and-vaccination-report/?p=6206232

Thank you so much!

The A number can be found on the NOA2.

Thank you Greenbaum!

Thank you so much!

Thank you Greenbaum!

Your welcome

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.