2,664 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline

I know that feeling, my husband left on December 17, 2015 so it will be a year next week. Our waiver receipt date is February 25 so on Christmas it will officially be 10 months of waiting for an answer. Our lawyer send an inquiry on Nov 17 and got a respond on Nov 30 stating that our case is currently under review by an officer and that we should receive a decision within 60 days ?. That's 2 months of waiting so basically the waiver process don't take 8-10 months it takes longer!?

Timeline

I know that feeling, my husband left on December 17, 2015 so it will be a year next week. Our waiver receipt date is February 25 so on Christmas it will officially be 10 months of waiting for an answer. Our lawyer send an inquiry on Nov 17 and got a respond on Nov 30 stating that our case is currently under review by an officer and that we should receive a decision within 60 days ?. That's 2 months of waiting so basically the waiver process don't take 8-10 months it takes longer!?

OMG, so sad to hear that. I am new on this. But i notice its being taking long and on the INS website it saying it taking up to 7 months and that not even true. So your husband left in December 2015 correct? I wonder why everything is taking so long. I was hoping for my husband to be home by Christmas but I don't see that happening soon :(

Timeline

Very frustrated!!! When something comes up everything is sent to the lawyer, lawyer does not contact me I need to be calling USCIS for news!!! I cannot understand why this is taking so long. I realize there are many many people going thru this situation but when u are living this day by day it becomes unbearable, and sometimes I think lawyers don't even care I am just "another" dollar sign for them which I know it's business but where is our compassion for one another!!! Makes me sick

Timeline

Very frustrated!!! When something comes up everything is sent to the lawyer, lawyer does not contact me I need to be calling USCIS for news!!! I cannot understand why this is taking so long. I realize there are many many people going thru this situation but when u are living this day by day it becomes unbearable, and sometimes I think lawyers don't even care I am just "another" dollar sign for them which I know it's business but where is our compassion for one another!!! Makes me sick

Hi, I totally understand you. Did you hear anything back from USCIS? I been check my husband status and nothing yet has been a long wait. Hope you hear good news soon. Wish you the best of luck. :)

Timeline

Hi, I totally understand you. Did you hear anything back from USCIS? I been check my husband status and nothing yet has been a long wait. Hope you hear good news soon. Wish you the best of luck. :)

My case was received March 14, 2016 I was told by USCIS the case is now considered outside of the normal processing time frame (really!!! What a surprise!!!!). Anyways the inquiry sent by my lawyer was sent Nov 16, 2016, the inquiry stated on Dec 1, 2016 to wait an additional 60 days!!!!!! So from Dec 1, 2016 it counts so technically by Feb 1, 2015 it will be 60 days and I pray I get an answer

Edited by OHERNANDEZ-G

Timeline

Wow your inquiry was 1 day before mine. Did it just said to wait 60 more days? Because mine said that our case is currently under review by an officer and that I should receive a decision correspondence or notice of other action within 60 days of this letter.

Timeline

Wow your inquiry was 1 day before mine. Did it just said to wait 60 more days? Because mine said that our case is currently under review by an officer and that I should receive a decision correspondence or notice of other action within 60 days of this letter.

Unfortunately I did not receive the e-mail of the notice so I don't know exactly what the notice says. My lawyer was the one who got the email and of course I asked for a copy but did not receive anything (I'm not surprised). The only thing the lawyer told me was to wait another 60 days!

Timeline

Have you try creating an account in the uscis website, it will tell you if your lawyer really send out an inquiry. My lawyer gave me a copy of the email that was send to her and on my uscis account it shows the day she send it in with a referral number. You should request a copy of that inquiry from your lawyer that's why you paid him to get you information.

Our receipt date for the I-601 is May 26, 2016. Its frustrating to see that the processing time is getting longer. We would have received notice by now if they hadnt. The only thing we can do is just wait, as if we all havent done that enough! They need to do something about this. These are our loved ones and our lives being affected every day, month that goes by.

Filed: IR-2 Country: Mexico
Timeline

Our receipt date for the I-601 is May 26, 2016. Its frustrating to see that the processing time is getting longer. We would have received notice by now if they hadnt. The only thing we can do is just wait, as if we all havent done that enough! They need to do something about this. These are our loved ones and our lives being affected every day, month that goes by.

I also have may 26 as my priority date. Keep in touch here if you have any case movement. I will do the same!!!

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

Keeping my promise to keep everyone update....

On Friday, December 2nd my husband was given permission by the US Consulate to return home to the USA...finally!!!

A week later, December 9th he received his visa and passport from DHL. I flew down that Friday, and returned with him to the States on Saturday. We passed through Customs in Atlanta, GA within 45 minutes, and we were on our way home. On December 12th he took his visa and passport to the nearest Social Security office to apply for his Social Security Number...he should receive his card within 2 weeks. Next will be his driver's license. There is so much to do!

If you want to know more about our process just go back through this thread to read my previous posts. I would be happy to answer anyone's questions, but I do not know everything there is to know about this process...I can only share my experience.

Hoping everyone receives good news soon...you and your family are certainly in my prayers!

Joy

Timeline

Keeping my promise to keep everyone update....

On Friday, December 2nd my husband was given permission by the US Consulate to return home to the USA...finally!!!

A week later, December 9th he received his visa and passport from DHL. I flew down that Friday, and returned with him to the States on Saturday. We passed through Customs in Atlanta, GA within 45 minutes, and we were on our way home. On December 12th he took his visa and passport to the nearest Social Security office to apply for his Social Security Number...he should receive his card within 2 weeks. Next will be his driver's license. There is so much to do!

If you want to know more about our process just go back through this thread to read my previous posts. I would be happy to answer anyone's questions, but I do not know everything there is to know about this process...I can only share my experience.

Hoping everyone receives good news soon...you and your family are certainly in my prayers!

Joy

Congratulations to you and your husband :)

Timeline

Congratulations to you and your husband :)

@Jonando, if you don't mind me asking can you let me know when USCIS received your husband I-601? My husband was submitted in April so I am hoping and praying it is soon. Thanks :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I think Jonando had a I601 date of March 18th. Congrats to Jonando and her family!

Our date is April 20th and as of today no news. Been waiting for almost 8 months and nothing starting to get real frustrating! What is your date? Prayers for everyone going through the process.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.