Mr. Big Dog

BREAKING: Oklahoma Botched Execution

164 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

You could always include an opt out clause for those who do not wish to participate in the program, in that case they have a choice between hanging or electrocution. If they decide to participate in the organ donation program they will have the option of lethal injection. Kinda sorta like the old option of a blindfold and cigarette.

Edited by Robby999

Education is what you get from reading the small print. Experience is what you get from not reading it.

The Liberal mind is where logic goes to die!

Timeline

So what you are saying is that both sides use only the parts of the constitution that suit their agenda, and then ignore the parts that don't? Or are you just saying that the left does it?

Nope, they both do it.

Education is what you get from reading the small print. Experience is what you get from not reading it.

Timeline

A form of execution acceptable to hand-wringing pacifists would be to lock the inmate in a room and be forced to listen to liberal talking points 24-hours a day. Would that be classified as torture or common core education?

Both

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Botches I agree is not the correct term, it killed him.

It does all seem so unnecessary, a bullet costs less than a dollar and would do the job.

For a few bucks more you could use a 50 cal and take his head off.

How many animals are killed every year by the food industry, there has got to be a better method.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Timeline
A four-time felon, Lockett was convicted of shooting 19-year-old Stephanie Neiman with a sawed-off shotgun and watching as two accomplices buried her alive in rural Kay County in 1999 after Neiman and a friend arrived at a home the men were robbing.

Seems to me, that justice was served. I wonder how long it took Stephanie to finally die in that botched execution.

Edited by The Postmaster

There's a bit done by Jon Stewart that highlights this perfectly. I'm looking for it now. He was pointing out how some Americans(Fox News) have no issues with removing rights from Muslims here in the US that are covered in the Constitution(practically all of them) yet the 2nd is iron clad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhe8uafs5IE

The constitution is not for foreigners

I kinda like the Saudi thing

Lock them up for a certain period and then let the family decide. If you don't agree with the death penalty then don't kill others.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

The second guy who was due to be executed was convicted of raping and killing an 11 month baby. Now I may be a "liberal" in terms of my politics but I really can't see why somebody like that deserves to live. How can you rehabilitate someone who has done that? But there does need to be a better way of doing it.

My blog about my visa journey and adjusting to my new life in the US http://albiontoamerica.wordpress.com/

The constitution is not for foreigners

I kinda like the Saudi thing

Lock them up for a certain period and then let the family decide. If you don't agree with the death penalty then don't kill others.

The boston bombers were LPR's.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

Seems to me, that justice was served. I wonder how long it took Stephanie to finally die in that botched execution.

If you consider that he is dead, you might think justice was served, however, regardless of how big a scumbag and a monster and a despicable excuse for a human being, his death was not what the law had prescribed, so in that sense justice was not served.

That you derive some satisfaction from his agonizing death. and compare it to that of his victim, does not actually vindicates her murder, so much as justifies his crime, to a certain extent.

Edited by Gegel

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Justice was served, that is pretty factual.

Whether the Law was served well that depends on what the Law says should happen, and to what extent there are penalties if it does not.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Sounds like this went better than planned. A cold blooded murderer who will never murder again. Justice for all and especially the family!

:thumbs:

Gross.

I love a guy who looks like he could be on Criminal Minds as either an agent or a killer.

I think that the state should execute prisoners using a method that preserves their organs so they be harvested and sold, then give the money from the sales to the families of the victims to compensate for their pain,suffering and to open a trust fund for any children the victim has. The state keeps a small portion to help recoup some of their costs. It is a win for everyone. Someone's life is saved or improved with the organs, the state recoups some of their costs, and the victim's family is compensated for their loss!

Yes, I'm sure people are just chomping at the bits to get an organ "donated" by a murderer.

I love a guy who looks like he could be on Criminal Minds as either an agent or a killer.