iamatemple

DS-260 blank 2014 version here

24 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

After looking for this and not easily finding it here is my 2014 version so you'll know what is on the DS-260 exactly.

DS-260 (as of 2014)

Hope this is helpful as docstoc wasn't very user friendly for me wanting me to have an account.

After looking for this and not easily finding it here is my 2014 version so you'll know what is on the DS-260 exactly.

DS-260 (as of 2014)

Hope this is helpful as docstoc wasn't very user friendly for me wanting me to have an account.

its good you post this ds260 cause this will be a big help to those who will be filing for ds260 its just late for me cause i already filled up it on jan 31.

Well, to my knowledge this is only available to be filled out online..

I wanted to know the information beforehand though so I would be prepared to transcribe it online easily.

Since it's an online "secured" form it times out constantly and causes loss of information at times.

It will NOT allow you to save unless every blank is filled or question answered on each particular page.

Again, this is only for those wanting to know what to have in preparation so when online it's easy to fill the forms out quickly and hopefully...painlessly.

Hey this is awesome. Send a copy of this to Saylin to put in her NVC filers thread. Also it's good to note it's changed since I did it last year! Interesting!

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

What is that meaning of other name used? Is this your name of single status?

What is documents id?

When is documents issued?

Which they are pertaining to this question in ds 260?. Im not knowledgable with this.since im the benificiary i need to understand further so that we can checklist.

Edited by JKSforever

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

No questions about unlawful presence, overstays, previous visas, last 5 visits or any removal orders?

Interesting. I wonder why?

4533828f9f.png

When two people are meant for each other, no time is too long, no distance is too far, no one can ever tear them apart.

USCIS: NVC:

6/21/2013 -Married in Stockholm, Sweden 4/16/2014- Case received at NVC

9/6/2013 -Priority Date 5/13 /2014- Case number and IIN assigned

2/25/2014 -Transferred to NSC 5/20/2014- DS-261 completed

3/31/2014 -Approved 5/21/2014- AOS fee invoiced and paid

5/22/2014- AOS package overnighted to NVC

5/28/2014- AOS scanned into the system

6/20/2014- IV invoice email (but fee still locked on CEAC )

6/23/2014- IV fee finally unlocked and paid.

IV package overnighted to NVC

6/30/2014- IV scanned in. DS260 completed.

7/1/2014- AOS accepted

7/2/2014- False checklist (AOS reviewed)

8/1/2014 False checklist (attorney's G28 reviewed)

8/2/2014 False checklist (NVC not sure why it was generated)

I am the beneficiary. 8/12/2014 CASE COMPLETE!

8/26/2014 Medical

9/2/2014 Interview... APPROVED!!!

9/5/2014 Visa in hand

Removal Of Conditions:

10/29- Package sent to VSC

11/1 - NOA1

11/17- Received biometrics appointment letter

11/30- Biometrics appointment

What is that meaning of other name used? Is this your name of single status?

What is documents id?

When is documents issued?

Which they are pertaining to this question in ds 260?. Im not knowledgable with this.since im the benificiary i need to understand further so that we can checklist.

Other names used - if you are married and use your married name then your maiden name goes here. If you have ever changed your name or legally used another name, it goes here.

Document ID - your passport has a number right? That's the document's ID number.

Document issued - the date it was issued

Your USC spouse can help you with all of this. :)

No questions about unlawful presence, overstays, previous visas, last 5 visits or any removal orders?

Interesting. I wonder why?

Because they can find out themselves about overstays etc... they do want to see how truthful you're being as well.

Last year when I completed it the form didn't ask for any school or previous work, just current work. I always thought it was odd lol.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks for posting this. We still have a long way to go until we get to this part, but I want to have everything ready. I work in a field where forms time out, and it's SUPER FRUSTRATING, so this is greatly appreciated!

ROC

01/18/2017   Sent in I-751

01/26/2017   Check cashed

01/28/2017   Received NOA dated 01/20/2017

02/16/2017   Biometrics done

10/24/2017   Traveled to Minneapolis for I551 stamp

02/26/2018     Case received by Field Office - S. Paul

05/012018     Case transferred to another USCIS office for processing 

N-400

02/02/2018    Filed N-400 online

02/05/2018    NOA online - NOA letter 02/09/2018

02/21/2018     Biometrics walk-in

These forms do not time out. You can save them and finish them at a later time.

My wife and I were filling out the forms and it timed out as we didn't know the information in advance AND the form was only partially completed.

Found out the hard way if the form timed out all information was gone the next time I went to fill the information in again.

One thing I noticed though was if the answer box was empty (where you write the answer for name, phone number, address, etc) I would click the box or TAB to it and push the CURSOR DOWN or arrow down button on keyboard.

Then I was able to find the information I wrote before and click on it and it would put the information back in the slots....

A bit of a hassle though not being able to save the form unless EACH answer blank was filled in.

(This is only my experience of what I found that worked for me)

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Thank you very much for posting this :).

I will be so very very happy to start this part of my process. Have a blessed week!

-Met in Ghana August 2011

-Went back to Ghana April 2012

-Went back to Ghana December 2012

-Married to the man God created just for me on January 4th, 2013.

-Filed the CR-1 in February 2013

-Petition Transfered from National Benefits Center to Texas Service Center October 2013

-Petition APPROVED January 2014 (*Took 10 Months 19 Calendar Days)

-Case Number/Invoice Identification Number Assigned February 2014 (*Took 33 Calendar Days)

-Approved Interview May 2014

-Arrival May 2014

Now, We are Prayerfully taking everything 1 day at a time. Thanking God for his blessings and grace.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

DS-260 (as of 2014)

Thank you for the post iamatemple I have a question what does document id and document isuue mean?

its good you post this ds260 cause this will be a big help to those who will be filing for ds260 its just late for me cause i already filled up it on jan 31.

Hi irish73,

You just fill out the Ds260 or do you still need to submit police clearance, birth certificate and such things?

idea9dv.gifgoofy.gifdancin5hr.gifreading.gifrofl.gifcray5ol.gifwow.gifoops8rh.gifheart.gifreading.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.