tomi81357

anyone use siam legal from bangkok (merged)

20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hi all

New member my first post!

Me and Malinee decided to use Siam legal in Bangkok since we need many of her documents

translated. They mailed k1 out april 23, still no word from USCIS of NOA1. how long is normal

from mailing k1 out from Thailand..i live in New Jersey i guess i will have the Vermont Center

processing my petition..anyone have any experience with Siam Legal and time for k1?

Thanks for any help

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

you gots a tracking # for that shipment? when did it hit uscis lockbox ?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hi all

Me and Malinee decided to use Siam legal in Bangkok since we need many of her documents

translated. They mailed k1 out april 23, still no word from USCIS of NOA1. how long is normal

from mailing k1 out from Thailand..i live in New Jersey i guess i will have the Vermont Center

processing my petition..anyone have any experience with Siam Legal and time for k1?

Thanks for any help

The NOA1 will come from the Vermont Service Center here in the U.S.

As far as using Siam Legal, I've heard good and bad. If I was you, I would get some kind of proof when the I-129F and G-325a etc. were mailed out from them.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hi all

Thanks for any help

Needing docs translated became the reason you hired a legal firm? The law firm has become your filter for all info most of which you will supply to them. Nothing wrong with that as long as you force yourself to be patient.

Mailing things in or out of Thailand for example adds about 2 to 3 weeks to the item.

Legal firms in Thailand operate about the same as they do here. The difference is the culture. Asian men drive nice cars to the office and you will pay for it. Make sure you take the advice Karee offers.

Prepare yourself for the journey by accepting the concept that it takes too long. Add to that the lawyer timeline and you have your answer. You are looking at 9 to 11 months.

Edited by Ning

Timeline

I filed the petition myself from Virginia, but I hired Siam Legal to help my then fiance fill out and gather the docs for the visa application. We never found ourselfs waiting for them. The results were great and my wife mentioned that they really made her experience much much easier. The only reason why we hired them was because my wife didn't feel confortable doing it by herself and I was not familiar with Thai documents.

K-1 TIMELINE11/03/2010 Mailed I-129F Petition to USCIS VSC
11/15/2010 Received NOA1 in the mail
02/04/2011 Requested expediting of case for military deployment
02/11/2011 Expediting request approved
02/22/2011 Received expediting request approval letter in the mail
02/28/2011 NOA2 Document Received in the mail
02/28/2011 NVC received and case # assigned
03/01/2011 Case sent to Embassy
03/04/2011 Case received at the Embassy
03/09/2011 Embassy sent Packet 3 via mail (we did not wait for it, downloaded forms online)
03/15/2011 Sent Packet 3 to the Embassy
03/18/2011 Embassy received Packet 3 in the mail
03/28/2011 Received Packet 4 from Embassy
04/20/2011 Embassy Interview Date (APPROVED)
04/27/2011 POE JFK, NY
AOS/AE/AP TIMELINE
06/24/2011 Mailed the AOS/EA/AP
07/05/2011 Received NOA1's for the AP/AE/AOS dated 06/27/2011
07/08/2011 Received NOA for biometrics appointment
07/25/2011 Biometrics appointment
08/24/2011 Received AP/AE card in the mail
09/08/2011 AOS interview APPROVED
09/09/2011 Card in production
09/19/2011 Green card on hand!

I-130 TIMELINE - STEPDAUGHTER I-751 TIMELINE-WIFE

04/07/2013 Mailed I-130 petition 06/10/2013 Mailed I-751 petition

04/14/2013 Received NOA1 inthe mail 06/19/2013 Received NOA1 in mail

05/04/2013 Requested expediting due to military deployment %

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

what news of the tracking number?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Country: Thailand
Timeline

I used Siam Legal about 1 year ago. They prepared the package and then mailed it to me personally so I could sign the application and then I mailed it to USCIS.

They prepared the package quickly and it was all in order. I got an RFE however because one of my documents that I provided didn't meet the USCIS criteria. I sent them the correct document and was quickly approved after that. The people from Siam Legal also meet you at the embassy and wait outside for the interview to conclude before they consider everything finished.

Overall, I would say it was a good experience.

Timeline

On my previous post i talked about not getting receipt or NOA1 after 4 weeks.

Called Siam legal and they tell me that their bank cheque is still being processed

I called USCIS and they have no record of my petition, now what do i do?

I am waiting to talk to tier 2 USCIS rep... I have bad feeling about this...

Timeline

On my previous post i talked about not getting receipt or NOA1 after 4 weeks.

Called Siam legal and they tell me that their bank cheque is still being processed

I called USCIS and they have no record of my petition, now what do i do?

I am waiting to talk to tier 2 USCIS rep... I have bad feeling about this...

Not surprising. The petition is probably being used by one of the lawyers as a coaster for his beer.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Not surprising. The petition is probably being used by one of the lawyers as a coaster for his beer.

I almost bursted out laughing here at work when I read that. OP you might want to try and contact Siam legal and see if they have any type of tracking number or some type of receipt from when they sent out your paperwork. Good luck and keep us updated.

AOS Journey

11-04-2011 sent AOS to Chicago lockbox

11-07-2011 delivered

11-08-2011 Date on text messages but did not receive until 11-22-2011

11-23-2011 Check cashed.

11-25-2011 Hard copies of NOA1s

12-06-2012 Pui's Brother unexpectly passes away and we make an info pass appointment and receive an emergancy AP so she can return home. Pui leaves for Thailand for 2 weeks.

12-06-2012 Get a text message and email that she received an RFE

12-12-2012 RFE for original birth certificate. I swear we sent it along with a certificate translation of it.

12-20-2012 Pui returns from Thailand.

12-21-2012 We send the RFE back for with original birth certificate along with a new certificate of translation(I had to wait for her to return for her to sign)

12-26-2012 text and email they have received the RFE.

12-29-2012 Appointment for biometrics is 01-23-2012

01-13-2012 AP is approved.

01-23-2012 Biometrics appointment. Later during the evening the text and email saying the EAD is approved.

01-31-2012 EAD/AP combo card arrives.

05-22-2012 Email and text card is in production!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from K-1 Process forum to the Case Progress subforum. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

Hi guys i need your advice on this so worried and confuse about what to do!

Last March i went to Siam Legal ( i know now they not so good ) for my k1 bad mistake..they sent off

K1 package april 23 and i still not receive any receipt. I called USCIS and they not even have me in their system!

I called Siam Legal and they say the cheque is being processed...should i continue to wait or should i tell them

to cancel whole petition and do myself....i am going crazy waiting and wasting time with these guys

sorry i ever use them

hope to get some ideas

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

What else was sent with the petition?

If no other documentation for forms were submitted, cancel it and file again

good luck

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.