Jessee&Lilli

I-693 - Report of Medical examination and vaccination report

54 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi Jay-Kay, when I did my medical exam overseas for K1, I was given a choice to get vaccinated or wait till I get to the US. I take it that my DS-3025 will definitely not have the vaccination records mentioned. So a trip to the Civil Surgeon is in order to fill out I-693 then?

I was given my chest x-ray to keep, but if this is just for vaccination, there is no need to bring that to the CS then? Also, is there any time frame between I-693 and the AOS application? Between the wedding, the registered copy of the marriage certificate and the AOS application, it's another item to add to the list, but I want to make sure all the ducks are lined up. Thank you for your advice.

Yes, if you chose to get them in the US, then you need to see a civil surgeon for the missing vaccinations and an I-693. No need to take the x-ray CD to the civil surgeon. That is yours to keep. Take any vaccination records you have though.

You can go to the civil surgeon at anytime before you file for AOS. Well, within a year before.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Thank you for your answer Jay-Kay. Much appreciated!

Edited by hklad
K1 Visa Adjustment of Status

Consulate : Hong Kong, China CIS Office : Cincinnati OH

I-129F Sent : 2013-07-24 Initial Processing Center : MSC

I-129F NOA1 : 2013-08-06 Case Transferred to: NSC (According to Case Status)

I-129F NOA2 : 2013-10-04 Date Filed : 2014-04-22

NVC Received : 2013-11-08 NOA Date : 2014-04-29

Consulate Received : 2013-11-19 RFE : 2014-05-19

Packet 3 Received : 2013-11-21 Bio. Appt. : 2014-05-21

Packet 3 Sent : 2013-12-03 RFE Returned : 2014-05-24

Packet 4 Received : 2013-12-21 RFE Received (Online Status Change). : 2014-05-29

Interview Date : 2014-01-14 EAD Approved : 2014-06-27

Interview Result : Approved EAD Card Produced : 2014-07-02

Visa Issued : 2014-01-22 EAD Card Received : 2014-07-05

Visa Received : 2014-01-25 Potential Interview Waiver Letter Dated : 2014-08-13

US Entry : 2014-03-13 Potential Interview Waiver Letter Received : 2014-08-18

POE: ORD (Chicago O'hare) EAD Renewal NOA : 2015-05-07

Time at Primary Inspection : 5 min EAD Renewal Biometric : 2015-06-02

Time at Secondary Inspection : 15 min AoS Out of Normal Processing Time Request Filed : 2015-06-18

Marriage : 2014-04-07 (L) EAD Expedition Request Filed : 2015-06-19

Infopass Appointment : 2015-06-25 (Useful: received info of IO assignment and field office location)

EAD (Expedited) RFE Received : 2015-06-26

EAD (Expedited) RFE Faxed (as instructed) : 2015-06-26

EAD (Expedited) Approved : 2015-07-01

EAD Card Mailed : 2015-07-16

AoS RFE : 2015-07-17 (Redo Medical)

EAD Card Received : 2015-07-18

AoS RFE Received : 2015-07-23 (Redo Medical)

AoS RFE Sent : 2015-08-04 (Medical)

AoS Approved : 2015-08-10

Green Card Mailed : 2015-08-24

Green Card Received : 2015-08-26

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

3 weeks after I sent the medical examination I got home a welcome letter telling us that my green card will be sent in the mail,in 3 days I got home my green card without having to go for an interview .We where worried that the medical exam will cause us problems but we were LUCKY and got the green card .Thank you all for the answers and good luck to everybody!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Is anything blank? What about the flu shot and varicella? What are those marked?

You should have been given a copy of the DS-3025 vaccination worksheet. They give you a copy of your chest x-ray on a CD. That is yours to keep and not needed for AOS.

Hi Jay- there's no note or even check marked on my rotavirus row, do i need to see a cvil surgeon? :(

Feb. 2013 - First conversation ( we met through a friend )
Mar 26, 2013 - First meeting in person, Manila
April 06, 2013 - He went back to US
April 15, 2013 - I-129F sent to USCIS
April 17, 2013 - I-129F delivered
April 19, 2013 - NOA1
April 23, 2013 - Alien Registration Number was changed
June 17, 2013 - Second Visit
July 31,2013 - RFE
August 06, 2013 - Return to US
August 08, 2013 - RFE reply sent. ( next day delivery service)
August 09, 2013 - RFE response received
August 13, 2013- APPROVED!
12nn - Received an email from Representative Staff that our petition is approved already. ( w/ email from USCIS officer )
8pm - Received email confirmation about the approval & Online Status Updated.
August 14,2013- got my BC & Cenomar ( waited 5mins for BC & almost 1 1/2hr for Cenomar)
August 15, 2013 - got my NBI ( total processing time from step 1 to releasing 1 1/2hrs)
August 23,2013 - CFO Attended, Got GCC. Sticker to follow.
Sep 18, 2013 - Got MNL Case # via Phone & Paid Visa Fee @ BPI
Sept 23, 2013 - Medical PASSED - 1 Day Only

Sep 24, 2013 - Case status " READY"
Oct 07, 2013 - Interview - APPROVED
Oct 08,2013 - Status changed AP then ISSUED

Oct 10, 2013 - Status @ 2go site - HOLD for Pick up

Oct. 16, 2013 - US Entry @ LAX

Oct. 18, 2013 - Printed I-94

Oct. 29,2013 - Applied Marriage License & SSN
Nov. 25, 2013 - Wedding @ San Diego

s-event.png <p>

s-event.png

event.png

• 2 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

well, I know you have heard it all before, but let me run this by you guys, and tell me what you all think.

for some strange reason, she has incomplete, and the box 'applicant will request an individual waiver based on religious or moral conditions" We sent this exact 3025 in, and did not get an RFE< because, she was pregnant when we filed this (has since miscarried, which comes into play later)

Few things. When we first went to the CS to get this transcribed, we thought she was pregnant AGAIN. We were due to see the OB/GYn that week, and she is missing the Rubella Vaccination (although as I understood, we need only 2 of the 3 MMRs, 2 of which she does have, and proof of immunity via blood test for the 3rd also, and the Russian transcription). Just so everyone knows, you do not get MMRs when

pregnant, as it can cause birth defects.

So, we find out she is not pregnant (or possibly miscarried again) and in comes the interview date fast. It is in less than a month, and we cant get into the CS in time for it now

NO RFE was sent to us, and we have proof of pregnancy and letter from doctor confirming miscarriage,as well as blood test results showing immunity to all MMRs

Now we are really confused what to do. We know we have an incomplete, but would have got a waiver. Now, we can not get to a CS in time for interview date.

You only need ONE (1) shot of a series for your AOS. If your wife has at least 1 shot of MMR, then you are fine.

K-1
NOA1: 04/08/2014; NOA2: 04/21/2014; Visa interview, approved: 07/15/2014; POE: 07/25/2014; Marriage: 09/05/2014

AOS

NOA1:  09/12/2014;  Biometrics:  10/06/2014;  EAD/AP Received:  11/26/2014;  Interview Waiver Letter:  01/02/2015;  

RFE:  07/09/2015;  Permanent Residency Granted:  07/27/2015;  Green card Received:  08/22/2015

ROC

NOA1:  05/24/2017;  Biometrics:  06/13/2017;  Approved without interview:  09/05/2018;  10 Yr Green card Received:  09/13/2018

Naturalization

08/09/2020 -- Filed N-400 online

08/09/2020 -- NOA1 date

08/11/2020 -- NOA1 received in the mail

12/30/2020 -- Received notice online that an interview was scheduled

02/11/2021 -- Interview

Timeline

You need one in a series of shots for AOS, but at least one dose had to be marked off on the DS-3025 at the time of the K-1 medical. Since you received no RFE, I would attempt the interview with what you have. If the IO says you need to see the civil surgeon for any missing vaccinations, then you can worry about finding one to get the vaccinations done and transcribed onto an I-693.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Jay- there's no note or even check marked on my rotavirus row, do i need to see a cvil surgeon? :(

I too would like to know the answer to this question as that is how our DS-3025 is .

Anybody??

TIA

K1 VisaService Center: Vermont Service Center

Consulate: Manila, Philippines

I-129F Sent: 2013-03-02

I-129F NOA1: 2013-03-08

I-129F NOA2: 2013-06-19

NOA2 Hardcopy Received: 2013-06-22

Embassy Received our Package: 07-02-2013

CFO Completed 07-04-2013

NVC Letter Received: 07-06-2013

Medical Completed 08-06-2013

Interview USEM 09-03-2013

event.png <p>event.png

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi all,

My fiancé and I are in the process of gathering his AOS documents, and we're a bit confused re: vaccination records. He had his medical exam for the visa interview back in mid-April but didn't receive any results/records (except those turned into the Embassy in a sealed envelope).

This makes me think that the vaccination record is in the sealed envelope that he will present at POE when he arrives in the US in a few weeks. Is this correct? If so, will he be able to keep this copy after the immigration officer has looked through the packet, in order to submit it with the rest of the AOS packet?

Thanks in advance for the clarification!!

Timeline

You can ask if they will let you have a copy of the vaccination record for AOS, but they do not have to give you one.

If you are sure he had all the required vaccinations at the time of the K-1 medical, then you can put a note on your cover letter that says he had all required vaccinations and the documents can be found in the files he turned in at his POE. They should be in his case file that the USCIS has. Worry about finding a civil surgeon if you get an RFE and need to see one.

Read this post > http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/428381-i-693-report-of-medical-examination-and-vaccination-report/?p=6206232

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi KayDeeCee,

Thanks so much for your reply!

He arrives on Sunday, so I'll make sure he asks the immigration officer at POE. If that doesn't work, we'll look into finding a civil surgeon, as you suggested. Link's a good resource, as well - thanks!

You can ask if they will let you have a copy of the vaccination record for AOS, but they do not have to give you one.

If you are sure he had all the required vaccinations at the time of the K-1 medical, then you can put a note on your cover letter that says he had all required vaccinations and the documents can be found in the files he turned in at his POE. They should be in his case file that the USCIS has. Worry about finding a civil surgeon if you get an RFE and need to see one.

Read this post > http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/428381-i-693-report-of-medical-examination-and-vaccination-report/?p=6206232

• 3 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi all,

Sorry to resurrect an old post (but then it saves clogging up of duplicate threads I guess...)

On Saturday I received an RFE of my form I-693 and I am looking for some help and advice.

Now it says on the form:

'An initial review of evidence submitted...determined that form I-693 Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record, has not been submitted or has been submitted and is not sufficient for the following reason(s):

A completed and signed i-693 was not submitted, or all pages of Form I-693 are not present or of the same revision date.'

Can anyone explain what exactly this could be?

I had my medical in the UK on Monday 7th April, when I applied for my K-1 visa. Through my understanding, this means I was not required to submit the i-693 form, is that correct?

Could they have lost my DS-3025 vaccination record form? Or was this form filled in incorrectly by the London medical practice?

We submitted our application through a lawyer (and if you have read my other outpourings of grief on this subject you will be aware of my feelings of his incompetence) so could the lawyer have forgotten to submit the ds-3025 and this has got us this notice? I have asked him for a copy of our packet several times, to no avail as yet.

I should also point out (which may or may not be normal) that this is not a RFE, it states that I will be required to submit a valid completed and signed form I-693 at a later date. If you receive an interview notice in the mail, you will need to bring it with, if you are not required to attend an interview, you will be issued a RFE.

Any help that can be given is greatly appreciated as I am somewhat lost.

Thanks,

Martin

• 4 weeks later...

Hello i just would like to ask,, I received the letter from USCIS stating that my interview will be next month, one of the requirement written in that letter is to bring a completed medical exam (I-639) & vaccination in a seled envelop {unless already submitted}. I'm just kinda confused because when i submitted my application i didn't submit Form I-639, i only submitted d copy of my medical in St lukes (Philippines), i didn't went to CS, my question for my interview do i need to go to a CS for the I-639? (my Medical Vaccination Record Form 3025 is not yet expired, its only been 6 months) Thanx for the answers. God bless

AOS sent - August 29, 2014

AOS Received - Sept 2, 2014

NOA 1 - Sept 04, 2014

Biometrics - Sept 24, 2014

AED/AP Production - November 12, 2014

Combo Card Received - November 20, 2014

AOS Ready for Interview - November 14, 2014

Case Update (for Interview) - December 3, 2014

Interview Date - January 6, 2015

Approved: January 6, 2015

New Card Production - January 6, 2015

Registered New Resident Status & Mailed Welcome Notice- January 7, 2015

New Card Mailed to My address- January 12, 2015

Green Card Received- January 15, 2015

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Timeline

HI everyone

This thread is really helpful. Thanks a lot.

I have two questions. My fiance's vaccination document was completed as per the original posting's specifications, so I assume he doesn't need to see a civil surgeon. But...

1. The document says "page 1 of 2" and there is no page 2. Is that a problem?

2. Before I saw this thread, I called a civil surgeon. I asked her what was involed in the exam and she metioned a syphilis exam and a flu exam. I now see that the flu exam is not necessary since my fiance's medical exam was in the summer, so that leads me to believe that either she wasn't very knowledgeable or wanted to make some money. Does my fiance need to see a civil surgeon?

Thanks a lot.

post-199490-0-10599200-1419816591_thumb.jpeg

Edited by pattyfan

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Please, help!

I am applying for GC and now the main question is that I have completed Vaccination form( in the end of this document I found that all US required vaccination is completed).

But the last flu shot was made in autumn 2013 and as I caught till march 31 it is flu season. So what should I do? Can I sent this form to USCIS without visiting local doctor? Or if I pay and send all documents and this form is not enough for them, should I pay once again the same sum of money or they send me some kind of notification about this> Please, help me with it!

p.S. I called local doctor, explained that I passed my medical November 2014 and everything is perfect and he said that he will do me a flu shot, TDB check as well (and x-ray if they so not like results) and take blood! I passed everything but they even do not want to listen me..((

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.