Bad_Daddy

Woman jailed in Britain for beating son to death

16 posts in this topic

_64592516_015061062-1.jpg

http://news.yahoo.com/woman-jailed-britain-beating-son-death-failed-memorize-171610613.html

By The Associated Press | Associated Press – 1 hr 13 mins ago

LONDON - A British judge on Monday sentenced a woman he called a "devoted and loving mother" to at least 17 years in prison for beating her son to death after he failed to memorize passages from the Qur’an.

A jury at Cardiff Crown Court in Wales convicted 33-year-old Sara Ege last month of murdering 7-year-old Yaseen and burning his body to destroy the evidence.

Judge Wyn Williams said Ege beat Yaseen repeatedly with a stick over several months, causing internal injuries.

He said that, on the day he died in 2010, Yaseen had been kept home from school to memorize verses from the Muslim holy book, and that his failure "was the trigger for the beating" that killed him.

The judge agreed with defence arguments about India-born Ege's state of mind, saying she was "a devoted and loving mother" who suffered from depression and had been a victim of domestic violence.

Still, he said, she subjected her son to "prolonged cruelty."

Ege admitted killing her son in a confession taped by police, but later retracted it and blamed her husband, Yousef. He was tried and acquitted on a charge of failing to prevent his son's death.

Ege sobbed as the judge passed sentence. Williams said the 2 1/2 years she had spent in secure psychiatric units since her arrest would count toward her 17-year minimum sentence.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Sad what people will do to each other, even their own children.

We see it every day in this country.

You have seen children in this country being beaten to death with a stick every day by their mothers because they didn't memorize the Koran?

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Yes, people in A M E R I C A intentionally/unintentionally kill their kids over completely ridiculously dumb $hit.

Because they failed to memorize versus in the Koran?

sigbet.jpg

You have seen children in this country being beaten to death with a stick every day by their mothers because they didn't memorize the Koran?

i haven't heard anything about the "koran" but i have heard of kids being beat to death for not studying the bible..

roderick arrington..

Because they failed to memorize versus in the Koran?

Who said they see a story exactly like this in this country. I said it's sad what people will do to their own children, even in this country.

People in this country have a whole set of stupid reasons they'll kill each other.

i haven't heard anything about the "koran" but i have heard of kids being beat to death for not studying the bible..

roderick arrington..

Thank you, I was trying to remember this story. Google wasn't helping me.

It's weird when people act like killing over religion doesn't happen here.

Are you blind to the news stories that don't fit whatever agenda you have? Parents in this country kill their children for ridiculous reasons. Not doing their homework, they won't stop crying, they were acting out, etc. Please don't make me look up the COUNTLESS stories.

:ot2:

What does the title of this topic read? After that read what the title of this forum says. What do the letters P&R mean to you?

Edited by Bad_Daddy

sigbet.jpg

What does the title of this topic read? After that read what the title of this forum says. What do the letters P&R mean to you?

I read the topic and I said it's sad what people will do to their own children. Sorry you're having a problem following this and sorry you're ignoring that something like that has happened here too.

I read the topic and I said it's sad what people will do to their own children. Sorry you're having a problem following this and sorry you're ignoring that something like that has happened here too.

I haven't read of any children in the USA being beaten to death by their mothers for failing to memorize versus of the Koran although that doesn't mean it hasn't happened. I just don't personally recall reading about it.

sigbet.jpg

I haven't read of any children in the USA being beaten to death by their mothers for failing to memorize versus of the Koran although that doesn't mean it hasn't happened. I just don't personally recall reading about it.

The Koran or the Bible. Does it matter which one was used as an excuse? If so, why?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

So, this couple moved to Wales to have a better life? hmmmmmmm

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

In the recent past we have had children killed by their mothers in all forms - drowned inside cars pushed by their mothers into lakes, denied medical attention due to religious ignorance or simply killed because their mothers felt like it.

Unfortunately, the reasons, no matter how varied, do little to mitigate the results...

http://crime.about.com/od/female_offenders/a/mother_killers.htm

According to the American Anthropological Association, more than 200 women kill their children in the United States each year. Three to five children a day are killed by their parents. Homicide is one of the leading causes of death of children under age four, yet we continue to "persist with the unrealistic view that this is rare behavior," says Jill Korbin, expert on child abuse, who has studied mothers who killed their children.

We should detach from the idea of universal motherhood as natural and see it as a social response," Nancy Scheper-Hughes, medical anthropologist says. Women in jail reported that no-one believed them when they said they wanted to kill their children. "There's a collective denial even when mothers come right out and say, "I really shouldn't be trusted with my kids."

A look at the rolls of women who are currently on death row, and the crimes that put them there, shows that women who kill their children are indeed not as rare as we would like to believe. Of the 49 women on death row, 11 killed children:

Patricia Blackmon was 29 years old when she killed her 2-year-old adopted daughter in Dothan, AL in May 1999. Kenisha Berry at age 20, covered her 4-day-old son with duct tape resulting in his death.
Debra Jean Milke was 25 when she killed her 4-year-old son in Arizona in 1989.
Dora Luz Durenrostro killed her two daughters, age 4 and 9, and her son, age 8, when she was 34 years old in San Jacinto, California in 1994.
Caro Socorro was 42 years old when she killed her three sons, ages 5, 8 and 11, in Santa Rosa Valley, California in 1999.
Susan Eubanks murdered her four sons, ages 4, 6, 7 and 14, in San Marcos, California, in 1996 when she was 33.
Caroline Young was 49 in Haywood, California when she killed her 4-year-old granddaughter and 6-year-old grandson.
Robin Lee Row was 35 years old when she killed her husband, her 10-year-old son and her 8-year-old daughter in Boise, Idaho in 1992.
Michelle Sue Tharp was 29 years old in Burgettstown, Pennsylvania when she killed her 7-year-old daughter.
Frances Elaine Newton was 21 when she murdered her husband, 7-year-old son and 2-year-old daughter in Houston, Texas. Update: Frances Elaine Newton was executed on September 14, 2005.
Darlie Lynn Routier was 26 in Rowlett, Texas when she was convicted of killing her 5-year-old son.
Teresa Michelle Lewis killed her 51-year-old husband and 26-year-old step son in Keeling, Virgina when she was 33 years old.

Korbin says there are usually clues that are obvious to those around parents who end up killing their children. "Prior to a homicide, lots of lay people know these men and women are having difficulty parenting. The public has to be better educated in recognizing how to intervene and how to support child abuse prevention," she said in an AAA press release.

Edited by Gegel

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org