djlk

Fiance Visa Denied

18 posts in this topic

I have a K-1 visa that had been approved and we went for the physical examination. During this time, my fiance admitted to taking drugs about 3.5 months before the examination. This means that her system was definitely clean although she admitted to taking the drugs. They had denied the fiance visa and we were told to come back in 1 year from the last time she took drugs. My question is how serious is this? Meaning when she comes back clean in one year, will she still be able to receive the visa or could they deny her again for this? Is there anything that we can do to take the medical examination sooner than 1 year? Her return date is now August 2013. Has anybody gone through this? Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have a K-1 visa that had been approved and we went for the physical examination. During this time, my fiance admitted to taking drugs about 3.5 months before the examination. This means that her system was definitely clean although she admitted to taking the drugs. They had denied the fiance visa and we were told to come back in 1 year from the last time she took drugs. My question is how serious is this? Meaning when she comes back clean in one year, will she still be able to receive the visa or could they deny her again for this? Is there anything that we can do to take the medical examination sooner than 1 year? Her return date is now August 2013. Has anybody gone through this? Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards

I've read that they need to be tested every quarter. Please see this post, http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/390006-help-w-denial-positive-drug-urine-test-stupidity/.

This poster was granted a visa after 1-year after being tested clean. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/394891-approval-after-1-year-drug-testing-poe/

> Is there anything that we can do to take the medical examination sooner than 1 year?

I highly doubt it. You can try to get a waiver and let us know if you were approved or not. :)

===========================

2008-08-16 Sent N-400

2008-08-18 Application Received

2008-08-19 Check Cashed

2008-09-18 Biometrics

2008-12-09 Interview

2009-01-XX Oath (Yay! I'm a citizen)

==========================

07/19 - NOA2 approval

08/20 - Case received at NVC

08/23 - emailed DS-3022

08/25 - mailed AOS

08/27 - received AOS

08/31 - AOS Accepted

09/04 - Received confirmation of DS-3022

09/05 - Received IV invoice

09/05 - Pay IV bill

09/06 - IV showed as paid

09/06 - Send DS-230 packet

09/10 - Received DS-230 packet by NVC

09/17 - DS-230 Accepted/Case Complete

09/28 - Transfer to Manila Embassy

10/02 - Medical Exam at St. Luke's

10/08- 10/10 - Sputum Test

10/09 - Received by Manila Embassy

10/12 - Result of Sputum Test (Need to repeat)

10/16-10/18 - Repeat Sputum Test (Negative)

12/13 - Sputum Final Result (Negative)

12/21 - Interview at Embassy (Approved)

12/28 - Visa Picked Up from 2GO

12/28 - CFO

12/30 - POE (LAX)

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

I have a K-1 visa that had been approved and we went for the physical examination. During this time, my fiance admitted to taking drugs about 3.5 months before the examination. This means that her system was definitely clean although she admitted to taking the drugs. They had denied the fiance visa and we were told to come back in 1 year from the last time she took drugs. My question is how serious is this? Serious enough to warrant a one year ban. Meaning when she comes back clean in one year, will she still be able to receive the visa or could they deny her again for this? If she keeps using drugs, then she could be denied again. If she keeps away from drugs, her drug use will not be an issue. There is no guaranteed that she will receive a visa because there may be something else that disqualifies her. Is there anything that we can do to take the medical examination sooner than 1 year? No. Her return date is now August 2013. Has anybody gone through this? Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards

Sounds like your fiancee got a one year ban for drug use. There is no way around this. If she keeps clean, drug use will not be an issue next time.

There is nothing to do except wait for the ban to expire.

Someone will inevitably bring up a hardship waiver. However, it is rare that anyone can show not having their foreign fiancee come to the US would create a hardship. Mere separation and heartaches are not sufficient. So, a hardship waiver is not a realistic option in most cases.

Edited by aaron2020

Sounds like your fiancee got a one year ban for drug use. There is no way around this. If she keeps clean, drug use will not be an issue next time.

There is nothing to do except wait for the ban to expire.

Someone will inevitably bring up a hardship waiver. However, it is rare that anyone can show not having their foreign fiancee come to the US would create a hardship. Mere separation and heartaches are not sufficient. So, a hardship waiver is not a realistic option in most cases.

Thank you so much for the information. We will most likely wait one year and get her tested quarterly. I appreciate the quick responses. Very helpful!

Have a great day.

I can't remember the members in question but it is something that has been successfully overcome according threads I've read in the past. Just ensure that your fiance stays off drugs and adheres to any testing requirements laid down by the embassy. Should they complete the mandated year-long wait and successfully pass the medical, there is every reason to assume you'll be good to go.

11/29/12 - AOS Interview in Atlanta - 10 minutes long and approved on the spot.

ROC in 2014!

You also need to keep an eye on the I-129F approval date (NOA2 date) and keep in touch with the consulate; the I-129F approval expires one year from issuance, but the consulate can extend the validity.

Improved USCIS Form G-325A (Biographic Information)

Form field input font changed to allow entry of dates in the specified format and to provide more space for addresses and employment history. This is the 6/12/09 version of the form; the current version is 8/8/11, but previous versions are accepted per the USCIS forms page.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

You also need to keep an eye on the I-129F approval date (NOA2 date) and keep in touch with the consulate; the I-129F approval expires one year from issuance, but the consulate can extend the validity.

Those who were issued a ban, have to apply again. If I am wrong, please correct.

Edited by Pinkrlion

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Regards

Im really sorry to hear. you will have to re file the petition when you are sure that she is clean. good luck :thumbs:

AOS

10/16/2012 Mailed I-485, I-765, I-131
10/19/2012 NOA1
11/09/2012 Biometrics Apt @ 3pm
12/25/2012 EAD/AP Approval
01/05/2013 Received EAD/AP in mail

06/20/2013 AOS APPROVED!!!!!

LIFTING OF CONDITIONS

3/23/15 Mailed I-751

3/25/15 NOA1

3/28/15 NOA1 Received in the Mail

4/28/15 Biometrics Apt.

11/13/15 ROC Approved

11/18/15 Approval Letter Received

Guys, does this drug means 'harmful addictive drug' such as cocaine, marijuana etc?

Proverbs 3:5-6

Trust in the Lord with all your heart

and lean not on your own understanding;

in all your ways submit to Him,
and He will make your paths straight.

In GOD we trust. † = ♥

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Guys, does this drug means 'harmful addictive drug' such as cocaine, marijuana etc?

Does not need to be harmful or addicitive drug. It just has to be an illegal drug. Cocaine and marijuana use are both illegal in the US and most other countries.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Does not need to be harmful or addicitive drug. It just has to be an illegal drug. Cocaine and marijuana use are both illegal in the US and most other countries.

if your applying for a fiance visa why would your fiance use drugs knowing that they need to be clean? good luck. that sounds like a tough one

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

if your applying for a fiance visa why would your fiance use drugs knowing that they need to be clean? good luck. that sounds like a tough one

Exactly :thumbs:

Not only is insane, it's disrespectful to the petitioner. After spending all the time, money and efforts the beneficiary engages in behavior that will jeopardize a visa approval.

The OP will have to go through this all over again- spend the money- and hope for the best. Really sad.

Don't ever do anything you're not willing to explain the paramedics.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

IF YOUR FIANCE KNOWS THAT SHE IS HAVING MEDICAL EXAM AND SHE HAVE INTERVIEW FOR VISA , THE QUESTION IS WHAY SHE DID USE DROGS, IS SHE DAM OR WHAT , BECAUSE THATS HOW SOUNDS TO ME !!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.