jimos

Form G-56 (Having a nervous Meltdown.)

43 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Israel
Timeline

I appreciate your response And opinion on the matter, we didn't send the case with him but with one from ft.lauderdale which apparently was right on the matter , only one RFE was needed thank god, and this lawyer is going with us only for this 2nd interview..

I got an email from him today as a reply to one before and he said that were good, we just hope everything will work out next thursday..

In total we spent

1000 case filing

800 office fee

Then moved to tampa lawyer for 2nd interview

And paid 915 for him and 150 for an interpreter

2865 total

Its tough but we had to do it..

Edited by jimos

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I appreciate your response And opinion on the matter, we didn't send the case with him but with one from ft.lauderdale which apparently was right on the matter , only one RFE was needed thank god, and this lawyer is going with us only for this 2nd interview..

I got an email from him today as a reply to one before and he said that were good, we just hope everything will work out next thursday..

In total we spent

1000 case filing

800 office fee

Then moved to tampa lawyer for 2nd interview

And paid 915 for him and 150 for an interpreter

2865 total

Its tough but we had to do it..

If everything works out, it will be money well spent. You can't take any chances now.

Good luck. Fingers crossed for you...

AOS

5/16/2012 - Package delivered to Chicago Lockbox at 1:33pm

5/21/2012 - Email/text notifications received at 4:50 p.m.

5/26/2012 - NOA hard copies received for I-130, I-485 and I-765

6/19/2012 - Biometrics completed.

7/02/2012 - Text/email/hard copy notification of interview.

7/30/2012 - EAD card production ordered.

8/02/2012 - Interview @ 2:00

8/02/2012 - Email notification of GC production at 5:30pm

8/07/2012 - Second GC production email

8/07/2012 - EAD received.

8/08/2012 - GC mailed.

8/09/2012 - Welcome letter and I-130 approval letter received.

8/10/2012 - Green card received. :)

Timeline

we went to the lawyer and everything seems to fine , he is optimistic about the case and thinks it will be fine,

we pray for it as well we are as ready as we can...

pray for us :):thumbs::innocent:

the interview is on the 18 at 08:00 am...

i will keep you posted once we come back. :dance:

Edited by jimos

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

we went to the lawyer and everything seems to fine , he is optimistic about the case and thinks it will be fine,

we pray for it as well we are as ready as we can...

pray for us :):thumbs::innocent:

the interview is on the 18 at 08:00 am...

i will keep you posted once we come back. :dance:

How was your itnerview!! i'm on pins and needles :)

Timeline

How was your itnerview!! i'm on pins and needles :)

yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes !!!!!!!!!!!!!

thank god !!!!

we got approved !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

hopefully with you guys soon greenie and everyone in the forum !

the lawyer was late 15 minutes !! :S

he came we went in it was pretty empty and then my wife went first for 20 minutes and then she called me to join for another 5-8 questions..

and then telling us we got approved !!!!!!!!!!!!!

thank you everyone here for your support, comments, opinions and everything else you did for me !!!!!!!!

thank you thank you thank you !

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

im late for work so ill write back later on :D

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Congratulations!

AOS

5/16/2012 - Package delivered to Chicago Lockbox at 1:33pm

5/21/2012 - Email/text notifications received at 4:50 p.m.

5/26/2012 - NOA hard copies received for I-130, I-485 and I-765

6/19/2012 - Biometrics completed.

7/02/2012 - Text/email/hard copy notification of interview.

7/30/2012 - EAD card production ordered.

8/02/2012 - Interview @ 2:00

8/02/2012 - Email notification of GC production at 5:30pm

8/07/2012 - Second GC production email

8/07/2012 - EAD received.

8/08/2012 - GC mailed.

8/09/2012 - Welcome letter and I-130 approval letter received.

8/10/2012 - Green card received. :)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

OMG!! thats awesome! you better come back and give us ALLLL the details! thank God they didn't put you through the ringer. I am very happy for you!

Edited by greenie80

Timeline

OMG!! thats awesome! you better come back and give us ALLLL the details! thank God they didn't put you through the ringer. I am very happy for you!

well, thank god..we were so nervous and worried because they invited us to a 2nd interview..

lawyer was late 10 minutes !!

and the interpreter was late another 10 !!

interview was 08:00 we went in 08:25 :S

the IO was waiting by the door for us, we came in and ask me to wait outside, my wife/lawyer/interpreter got in, for about 15 minutes..i was so worried it killed me why they would call us again..

and then the IO called me in..asked the same questions like the 1st interview, and one question my wife forgot...the IO asked her when was the last time you went out to a restaurant and she said last feb, and when she asked me after i went into the office that we went a few months ago, but nothing specific because it's just when it works out every once in a while, and then the IO started to think something is wrong and that we're lying, she said but your wife said feb and you say a few months ago ? how come ?

then i said to my wife , Baby you dont remember we went to Golden Coral last time and i barely made it to the house without stopping in that gas station..the IO laughed, so did my wife and everyone else, and thank god and IO we got approved..

Congratulations.

I-485/I-130 filed: January 26,2012 (130/485 sent to Chicago lockbox, transferred to MSC, field office Baltimore, MD).

I-130 Approved: June 25, 2012

I-485 RFE issued: June 25, 2012

Contacted offices of Honorable Senator Ben Cardin and Barbara Mikulski at the end of July.

I-485 DECISION MADE on August 03, 2012 , LESS THAN A WEEK AFTER CONTACTING THE SENATOR'S OFFICE TO INQUIRE ON CASE STATUS!

I-485 WELCOME NOTICE RECEIVED IN MAIL: 08/08/12

Green Card in Mail: 08/11/12

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.