Aishah A12

Congratulations.... returned passport, 6-8 weeks AP?

26 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hello all,

My Fiance had his k1 interview today, says he paid, signed papers, had interview where the CO asked many questions about us our relationship, and also about my daughter's k1 petition and what the name of the petitioner and beneficiary (We obtained court approval for underage marriage, filed a k1 petition, that had been approved... and sent to NVC, but then did nothing further..... the engagement was broken off) and asked him why I would allow her to marry at 17? he told them that he did not know the name of the guy.... but that he was from the family of my ex-husband from yemen(TRUE), there is no blood relation because she is the daughter of my first husband, and that the engagement was broken off because of issues with my ex (the reason we are now divorced), they also asked him about how we met, where I stayed the 3 times I came to visit him last year, and why I stayed with him. He told them that I stayed with him, but that he lives in his families home with his mother and 2 sisters (ALL TRUE!!!). after all questions, he asked her if she would like to see phone records, our wedding plans,and the additional prof of relationship that he took with him. She said no, we have the photos your fiance provided with the petition, and the photos you provided with your application. She then said "congratulations"... and told him we will contact you in 6-8 weeks to issue you your visa, gave him his passport back, along with a white sheet of paper.... (I have asked him to scan it and send it to me so I can see exactly what it says)..... I am very nervous, and anxious and concerned that she gave him his passport back, but a little relived that she said "congrats". I am waiting on pins and needles to see what this paper says, or what instructions it gives. Thank Allah that she did not say that there was additional documentation needed or some other reason for delay. But, I am curious, has anyone else had their visa returned to the at the time of interview, and then waited to have them notify you to send it in, then had a visa issued? How long did you wait for the notification to send it in? and once sent in how long before the visa was issued and in your hands?

we know a couple tha has an appointment tomorrow, he had been denied last year because they had not met in person after a one year engagement. they are now in their second year of engagement and she has visited him once! for a few days..... I am curious to hear what will happen to them, I will post when I have more info on either situation................

your comments, help, and shared experiences are truly appreciated <3

Aishah

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

It looks like he's in AP: approved but undergoing background check. Wait till you receive the copy of the paper he was given and see what it says.

For information about AP you should look into the forum for 221G and waivers. From what I understand, AP is common for male applicants in Egypt.

CR1 Visa

USCIS STAGE: 16 days No expedite request but USC residing abroad
NVC STAGE: 19 days from case # to case complete
EMBASSY STAGE
03/27/12: interview - APPROVED
04/12/12: POE San Diego

ROC
12/19/14: received reminder letter from USCIS to file for ROC
01/15/14: sent I-751 application

05/14/14: received card production notification by e-mail, approval date 05/13

Naturalization

02/01/24: N-400 submitted online; Biometrics reuse notice received immediately online; "case being actively reviewed" after a couple hours

02/09/24: received NOA1 by mail

02/10/24: received biometrics reuse notice by mail

04/08/24: interview scheduled for 05/14. Received "We have taken an action in your case" email.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Yea from ive read on here before i think this is pretty common in Egypt, sounds liek you have nothing to worry about. Best of luck! :)

• I-129F Sent : 2011-09-15
  • I-129F Delivered:At 5:48 am on September 17, 2011 in DALLAS, TX 75266.
  • NOA1 Received: 2011-09-21
  • NOA2 Received: 2012-02-2
  • NVC Received: 2012-02-13
  • Packet 3 Received: 2012-2-28
  • Packet 3 Mailed to embassy: 2012-03-07
  • Packet4 Received: 2012-03-12
  • Interview Date: 2012-03-26
  • Interview Result: APPROVED!!
  • POE: Dublin: 2012-04-26
  •  
  • AOS Sent: 2012-07-20
  • EAD & AP Card received: 2012-11-05
  • AOS Approved: 2013-04-19
  • Conditional Green Card Received: 2013-04-27
  •  
  • I-751 Sent: 2015-02-17
  • NOA1 Received: 2015-02-18
  • RFE: 2015-09-16
  • Biometrics: 2015-04-02
  • Interview: N/A
  • Approval Date: 2015-10-15
  • Green Card Received: 2015-10-22
  •  
  • N-400 Submitted to USCIS: 2018-07-25
  • Interview Date: 2019-07-22
  • Interview Result: APPROVED!!
  • Oath Ceremony: 2019-08-22
  •  
  • US CITIZEN!!

Filed: Other Country: Egypt
Timeline

He's definitely in AP and it may be an extended one due to the fact she gave the passport back to him. Usually, if they keep the passport that is a good sign that the AP may be speedy. When they send it back often that bodes for a longer wait.

Betsy El Sum

Timeline

He's definitely in AP and it may be an extended one due to the fact she gave the passport back to him. Usually, if they keep the passport that is a good sign that the AP may be speedy. When they send it back often that bodes for a longer wait.

Thank you for those who have replied..... but I am looking for some reassuring! not more bad news. She did NOT tell him that he was going to go through AP, I am wondering if this is at all possible, to be asked to send it in? Is there anyone with this experience? how did it work out? what is your timeline?

Aishah & Mohamed

Consulate : Egypt

I-129F Sent : 2011-07-24

I-129F NOA1 : 2011-07-26

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2012-01-03

NVC Received :

NVC Left : 2012-01-25

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received : 2012-02-05

Packet 3 Sent : 2012-02-21

Packet 4 Received : 2012-02-26

Interview Date : 2012-03-25

Yea from ive read on here before i think this is pretty common in Egypt, sounds liek you have nothing to worry about. Best of luck! :)

Thank you so much, and good luck on your interview!!! :thumbs:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hey my fiance has his interview Feb 5th and we were approved but she offered his passport back in case he needs it but he said no so she kept it- so dont worry about them giving him back the passport. He even told her wait why are you offering my passport back i? :huh: I thought you said we are approved? :whistle: She said no you are approved but we dont need the passport until we are ready to issue the visa. But either way he didnt need it so they have his passport. We are in AP, she told him you'll get it within 4-6 weeks BUT we are still waiting :angry: That white paper will have his case number and how to track the case. But the website just tell you "your case is under processing" blah blah doesnt give you much.

Good Luck :thumbs:

K1 Timeline

I-129f Sent ............................. 07/11/2011

I-129f Rec'd............................ 07/13/2011

NOA1 ...................................... 07/15/2011

NOA2 ...................................... 11/22/2011

NVC Received ...................... 11/30/2011

NVC Left ................................. 12/07/2011

Consulate Received ............ 12/13/2011

Packet 3 Received ............... 12/18/2011

Packet 3 Sent ........................ 12/28/2011

Packet 4 Received ................ 2/2/2012 (Received a phone call)

Interview ................................ 2/5/2012 - APPROVED!! ... WITH AP

Visa Rec'd................................ 6/13/2012

AOS received..............................9/12/2012

EAD............................................11/29/2012

GC????????

Timeline

Hey my fiance has his interview Feb 5th and we were approved but she offered his passport back in case he needs it but he said no so she kept it- so dont worry about them giving him back the passport. He even told her wait why are you offering my passport back i? :huh: I thought you said we are approved? :whistle: She said no you are approved but we dont need the passport until we are ready to issue the visa. But either way he didnt need it so they have his passport. We are in AP, she told him you'll get it within 4-6 weeks BUT we are still waiting :angry: That white paper will have his case number and how to track the case. But the website just tell you "your case is under processing" blah blah doesnt give you much.

Good Luck :thumbs:

FINALLY got the whole story and seen the "WHITE PAPER"... he says they actual did not ask much about us, our relationship... just what I did for work, and how we met... and how many times I visited. When he told them how we met, (A mutual friend that he worked with in UK) they had more questions about her staying with him in his home, when she visited Egypt, than about our relationship.... he also told me that they asked him extensively about my daughter's K1 visa petition than ours.

The "WHITE PAPER" is the one that you receive if you are missing documents, and must return something..... and the only thing that is checked is PASSPORT, he must return his passport to the embassy with DHL when they call him for it. She told him within 6-8 weeks :whistle:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Hi like everyone suggested here I found a trend where AP was issued for people from Egypt. And the 'white paper' in itself means AP and the CO would have mentioned the info on it. So wait and see what's on the paper. No reason to panic! All the best.

Timeline

Hi like everyone suggested here I found a trend where AP was issued for people from Egypt. And the 'white paper' in itself means AP and the CO would have mentioned the info on it. So wait and see what's on the paper. No reason to panic! All the best.

:no:

The "WHITE PAPER" is the one that you receive if you are missing documents, and must return something..... and the only thing that is checked is PASSPORT, he must return his passport to the embassy with DHL when they call him for it.

Her exact words were: "VISA processing takes 6-8 weeks."

I have seen some told it will take 14 weeks and receive their visa in 60 days

Edited by Aishah A12

Timeline

what i am really curious about it how they come up with the so called "wait time". We were told 4-6 weeks in AP, you were told 6-8 weeks in AP someone was told 14 weeks other were told 2 weeks. I mean are they just throwing out random numbers at us?? I dont understand how they come up with these wait times which are bogus anyways BECAUSE we still waiting ... :bonk:

K1 Timeline

GC????????

Timeline

what i am really curious about it how they come up with the so called "wait time". We were told 4-6 weeks in AP, you were told 6-8 weeks in AP someone was told 14 weeks other were told 2 weeks. I mean are they just throwing out random numbers at us?? I dont understand how they come up with these wait times which are bogus anyways BECAUSE we still waiting ... :bonk:

I have no idea, how they come up with the timeline they give, but I do know that sometimes they are right on, sometimes, way off, sometimes it happens sooner. As for us.... the I129f was approved in 5 months and a few days, after they had told us within 5 months... but our timeline did fall within the Christmas season, the day I called the 800 number to check the status of the petition I received a text and email telling me that my petition had been approved (I opted in for the electronic notifications). I received a letter from the NVC on Jan 27 saying that the case had been forwarded to Cairo, after they said it would take at least 30 days in the NVC. My fiance received his packet3 within a week, after the letter said it could take up to 2 months. Packet 3 said it could take up to 6 weeks to receive a appointment letter IF: all documentation was correctly filled out and had all supporting and required documents, he received his appointment letter in 5 days (would have been 4 if the DHL delivery office actually knew where his 'NEIGHBORHOOD' was)!! However the one and only delay this far, was the appointment webpage being updated..... they say it is updated every week... it had not been updated for over a month, so I sent an email requesting that it be updated as it says on the appointment scheduling page. they replied that it would be updated by Feb 29, but was not updated till March 15, 2012 (he had his appointment letter in hand for over 2 weeks before the had updated the page). :P

Soooooooooo, we really have had pretty good luck with getting everything done and processed in a timely manner. We just hope it continues to stay that way :star:

All in all: she did not tell him he was going through AP or AR, and did not tell him about the website to check the status of his pending or AP/AR status. Does anyone know how long it takes for you to be able to even "TRACK" a pending AP? (How many days or weeks after the interview can I check the status?)

Edited by Aishah A12

Timeline

All in all: she did not tell him he was going through AP or AR, and did not tell him about the website to check the status of his pending or AP/AR status. Does anyone know how long it takes for you to be able to even "TRACK" a pending AP? (How many days or weeks after the interview can I check the status?)

I think it took a week or so...

K1 Timeline

GC????????

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

The CO does not have to tell you that he is in AP. He was giving you a hint by saying 6-8 weeks. It takes 1 day to print a visa and 1 day to stick it in the passport...not weeks.

You need to call DOS today and ask them if he is in Mandatory Administrative Processing or INTERNAL Administrative Processing.

If it is Mandatory then he is in Name checks. If it is internal it means the embassy is checking his background and your papers and maybe relationship.

If Cairo said you will wait anything over 2 weeks you are in AP.

Good luck and I hope it goes by quickly

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Sept 11, 2011 NOA2-took 19 days to get case number

Sept 30, 2011 NVC number and IIN received Friday-gotta wait till Monday

Oct 13, 2011 Case Completed- 13 days from receiving case number Took 32 days from NOA2

Nov 30, 2011 Notified of Interview date

January 19, 2012 Interview- 240 days from NOA1

INTERVIEW RESULTS-APPROVED WITH 14 WEEKS AP--but he got his visa in 56 days!!!!!!

PLEASE EDIT YOUR TIMELINE IN YOUR PROFILE SO OTHERS CAN LEARN HOW LONG EACH STEP TAKES IN THIS PROCESS

Timeline

we know a couple tha has an appointment tomorrow, he had been denied last year because they had not met in person after a one year engagement. they are now in their second year of engagement and she has visited him once! for a few days..... I am curious to hear what will happen to them, I will post when I have more info on either situation................

My fiance called me this morning to tell me what happened for Yasmin and Mohamed. They were refused on the grounds that they have known each other for 3 years and have one met once in person (first time they were denied at the I-129f petition stage, they had never gotten to an interview); and due to the fact that Mohamed was asked for his Military certificate and argued with the interviewer that it was unnecessary and told her that he has a stamp in his passport that says none needed. She told him this is for application for employment status or like situations, and only for inside Egypt, it is required even if he was traveling on visitor status or employment visa to ANY country outside of Egypt, because both the foreign country and the Egyptian government requires this. (This is true, my fiance has traveled to the UK, Greece, and Turkey and needed this every time he applied for a visa) So she refused them for the second time, and gave him 2 slips of paper.... one saying we can not accept your application at this time due to missing documentation, and reliable proof of relationship. (They were denied the first time for this burden of proof) and the other with his case number and some other info on it about the DV program!!! :rofl: ..... We are feeling bad for them, and our heart goes out to them, but we also know that Mohamed read the instructions, and was told by several people "make sure you obtain copies of a Military exemption."

I really don't know how to feel about it. As My fiance is still worried about them giving his passport back to him but saying "Congratulations"..... wait for the call!

He is worried that she was scared to tell him he is refused. I tried to reassure him that they have no issue with telling people if they are refused. and that it is handled very formally. No need for fear. They tell you straight out. Now he sees that this is true. :(

Timeline

The CO does not have to tell you that he is in AP. He was giving you a hint by saying 6-8 weeks. It takes 1 day to print a visa and 1 day to stick it in the passport...not weeks.

You need to call DOS today and ask them if he is in Mandatory Administrative Processing or INTERNAL Administrative Processing.

If it is Mandatory then he is in Name checks. If it is internal it means the embassy is checking his background and your papers and maybe relationship.

If Cairo said you will wait anything over 2 weeks you are in AP.

Good luck and I hope it goes by quickly

I am sure that he is in AP because it is almost a necessary when dealing in MENSA countries, I have had the displeasure of going through this with my ex's brothers who applied for student visas years ago.

What is DOS? and how do I contact them? and if they were checking our relationship, wouldn't they have asked him to see more documentation.... he took a load of stuff with him to the interview and when he asked if she would like to see; she refused.....????

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.