Nich-Nick

London 2012- K1s from NOA2 to interview thread

2,468 posts in this topic

Ok Thanks. Maybe I'll check it tomorrow. I keep typing in my Tracking number and post code and it keeps saying "Sorry, this combination of tracking number and postcode do not correspond with our records. Please check and try again." I'm guessing that means it hasn't been mailed yet... I hope that's what it means and not that I have the wrong tracking number ohmy.gif

Aaaagghhh even when I'm this close I'm impatient!! Haha

I got the same message when I checked the DX site a few times, I was only notified of my delivery 10 minutes before I left work on the Friday with delivery scheduled for Monday. Quickest I've ever gotten a day off organised before :P

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Pasting my answer from same question previously in this thread--

People get their visas back usually in 3-5 days but some take longer if there's a weekend or you live somewhere remote. And some not born in the UK get additional processing after the interview which could take weeks to months. Most can count on a speedy delivery but I wouldn't book tickets before the visa is in hand. Stuff happens. And this is probably getting to be busy season where all the student and tourist visas are being sought so they have lots to issue.

My personal experience--Interview on a Wednesday. Computers were down at the embassy so delayed final security check and printing of visa until Friday (DOS gave me that info of day printed). Was scheduled to be delivered Monday, but the truck broke down so quit deliveries for the day. Got visa on Tuesday. Stuff happens.

Ok this info makes me feel like my delivery has been seriously delayed. I don't live in any kind of rural area and I was born in England. Do you think it would be worth calling the Embassy to see if something has gone wrong? I'm supposed to be booking my flight tomorrow but obviously can't book it until I know my Visa is on its way.

I don't even know what number I would call to check on the status of my visa... Worried now. blink.gif

Ok this info makes me feel like my delivery has been seriously delayed. I don't live in any kind of rural area and I was born in England. Do you think it would be worth calling the Embassy to see if something has gone wrong? I'm supposed to be booking my flight tomorrow but obviously can't book it until I know my Visa is on its way.

I don't even know what number I would call to check on the status of my visa... Worried now. blink.gif

This is only the 5th day. I wouldn't even think about it until a week and get worried by Day 10. They tend to come fast but there have been plenty who took 7-10 days. It's a busy season too. I think it's too early to call the embassy unless you just want to spend the money. They don't always give you much information so it could be a waste. Dept of State will know if your visa was printed yet. No extra fee for them to answer if you have a free way to call the US.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

This is more concerning what London wants to see at interview, but primarily concerns the I-134.

Knowing that we were close to NOA2, Lorie went ahead and asked her employer for proof of employment as required on the I-134. Unfortunately I have a feeling we might have done this a pinch too soon.

The initial idea was that we would mail her bank documents and this to me about a week after NOA2, but that, based on current timelines, would put all the data about 2 to 3 months out of date by the time it comes to interview.

Is that going to be a problem? Or should we request this again when I get my interview date notification so that it's a bit more current?

Well, you're supposed to have it in hand before you submit the DS-2001 saying you're ready for the interiew. So getting it after the interview is scheduled means you weren't truthful signing the DS-2001...not that they would notice.

Your answer is in the list of things to bring to the interview http://london.usembassy.gov/application_documents.html

Evidence of Support (Affidavit of Support): All applicants are requried to establish that s/he will not become a public charge in the United States.
Please note that this evidence must be less than one (1) year old when presented at the visa interview

Edit: Personal experience--mine was 4 months old by the interview and the affidavit of support was not even mentioned by the interviewer.

P.S. I think the answer is no to this BUT I don't need the NOA2 here for the interview do I?

They want what's on that list http://london.usembassy.gov/application_documents.html

No NOA1 and NOA2. Nothing from the petition. No evidence of your engagement, undying love, valentine cards, Skype logs, facebook status, or photos together. Save time and save paper. Nobody has ever needed it in London.

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Timeline

Saw this on another topic and was wondering the truth (if any) to it....

Is it MANDATORY for the petitioner to be at the beneficiary's interview? I can imagine its nice but we do not have that option and so far AND I haven't read anything about that.

What gives?

Feb 3, 2012 - I129F sent
Feb 6, 2012 - NoA1 Received
August 22, 2012 - NoA2 ( 198 days!!!!!)
Sept 6, 2012 - NVC Received Case
Sept 10, 2012 - London Received Case
Sept 15, 2012 - Packet 3 Received
Sept 20, 2012 - Medical
Oct 5, 2012 - All forms sent to the embassy
Nov 5, 2012 - Interview
Nov 5, 2012 - Administrative Processing crying.gifcrying.gifcrying.gifranting33va.gifcray5ol.gif

Love conquers all.

Timeline

This is only the 5th day. I wouldn't even think about it until a week and get worried by Day 10. They tend to come fast but there have been plenty who took 7-10 days. It's a busy season too. I think it's too early to call the embassy unless you just want to spend the money. They don't always give you much information so it could be a waste. Dept of State will know if your visa was printed yet. No extra fee for them to answer if you have a free way to call the US.

You were so right!! My visa is getting delivered tomorrow!!!! Sorry for the premature stress-out!

And thanks for the advice!!

I can finally book my flight!!!

Timeline

Is it MANDATORY for the petitioner to be at the beneficiary's interview? I can imagine its nice but we do not have that option and so far AND I haven't read anything about that.

What gives?

Are you talking about the Embassy interview? I had mine last week and my Fiance wasn't there. I think it is actually quite rare that the US petitioner is able to attend the interview.

Timeline

Yes the embassy interview. I personally dont think so but I someone posted about it on another forum here on VJ and I thought to ask.

Dotting all my i's and crossing all my t's.

Edited by MissAAA

Feb 3, 2012 - I129F sent
Feb 6, 2012 - NoA1 Received
August 22, 2012 - NoA2 ( 198 days!!!!!)
Sept 6, 2012 - NVC Received Case
Sept 10, 2012 - London Received Case
Sept 15, 2012 - Packet 3 Received
Sept 20, 2012 - Medical
Oct 5, 2012 - All forms sent to the embassy
Nov 5, 2012 - Interview
Nov 5, 2012 - Administrative Processing crying.gifcrying.gifcrying.gifranting33va.gifcray5ol.gif

Love conquers all.

What gives?

I had my interview without Jessica there so no, it is not mandatory for London.

Adding this because of a question asked elsewhere concerning the I-134 Affidavit of Support documentation.

London does not have any required item for proof of income as long as you prove it. Two proofs is plenty to cover the "just in case" worriers. Pick from ANY of these examples:

• Tax return info--transcript OR photocopy of actual return with W2 (just the one most recent)
  • Pay slips
  • Letter from employer
  • Bank statements showing investments/assets if the income isn't up to 100% of poverty level
  • Pension statement or Social Security benefit statement if retired and no salary

Each person should prove their current income the best and easiest way for them. Maybe you just graduated from college and took a $65,000/yr engineering job in November 2011. So your latest tax return would show $10,000 income in 2011. That proves nothing, so don't use a tax return. Get an employer letter and some recent pay slips.

The same might be true if you got a big raise in late 2011. Maybe that raise put you over the threshhold but your 2011 tax return doesn't look adequate. Prove you current income after the raise.

If your tax return is over, then it's a good proof to use. If you don't want to hassle the boss for a letter, then pick two other things from the list.

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Timeline

Adding this because of a question asked elsewhere concerning the I-134 Affidavit of Support documentation.

London does not have any required item for proof of income as long as you prove it. Two proofs is plenty to cover the "just in case" worriers. Pick from ANY of these examples:

• Tax return info--transcript OR photocopy of actual return with W2 (just the one most recent)
  • Pay slips
  • Letter from employer
  • Bank statements showing investments/assets if the income isn't up to 100% of poverty level
  • Pension statement or Social Security benefit statement if retired and no salary

Each person should prove their current income the best and easiest way for them. Maybe you just graduated from college and took a $65,000/yr engineering job in November 2011. So your latest tax return would show $10,000 income in 2011. That proves nothing, so don't use a tax return. Get an employer letter and some recent pay slips.

The same might be true if you got a big raise in late 2011. Maybe that raise put you over the threshhold but your 2011 tax return doesn't look adequate. Prove you current income after the raise.

If your tax return is over, then it's a good proof to use. If you don't want to hassle the boss for a letter, then pick two other things from the list.

Thank you! Was just having this convo with the fiancé last night!! He has W2's and a letter from his employer, and has just ordered his latest tax transcript. Guessing he can just send me the W2s and letter now!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Wales
Timeline

On the I-134 help document it says the following

"Submit in duplicate evidence of income and resources, as appropriate"

Now does this mean I need two originals of each item, or can I take an original, photocopy it and then give them the photocopy once they have had sight of the original?

Thanks!

On the I-134 help document it says the following

"Submit in duplicate evidence of income and resources, as appropriate"

Now does this mean I need two originals of each item, or can I take an original, photocopy it and then give them the photocopy once they have had sight of the original?

What evidence are you sending? Like did you want your employer to write 2 letters?? Or your company to issue duplicate payslips? That makes no sense and despite what you think about this crazy process, it's got some logic even if they don't word it well. Just think about it and don't get caught up on words. ( Oh, yeah... you're probably the Brit which is why you are being very, very literal. :D My husband is the exact same way. Is that cultural??) No offense meant, it's just something we go 'round over from time to time and neither of us can convince the other.

Take your evidence and if you need it back then take a photocopy. Examples of evidence good for London are a few posts up. They just need something to show you're covered moneywise and aren't too fussy about.

You've got it right here--

or can I take an original, photocopy it and then give them the photocopy once they have had sight of the original?

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.