Nich-Nick

London 2012- K1s from NOA2 to interview thread

2,468 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi everyone :) I just got my NOA2 today and this thread is absolutely amazing. I feel so prepared for the next step :) You guys are all great!

congrats again!

Feb 3, 2012 - I129F sent
Feb 6, 2012 - NoA1 Received
August 22, 2012 - NoA2 ( 198 days!!!!!)
Sept 6, 2012 - NVC Received Case
Sept 10, 2012 - London Received Case
Sept 15, 2012 - Packet 3 Received
Sept 20, 2012 - Medical
Oct 5, 2012 - All forms sent to the embassy
Nov 5, 2012 - Interview
Nov 5, 2012 - Administrative Processing crying.gifcrying.gifcrying.gifranting33va.gifcray5ol.gif

Love conquers all.

Timeline

Does anybody know how the time that you are usually issued an interview letter? I've submitted all the relevant documents for Packet 3 and I had my medical exam on Friday before last. They said with the bank holiday that the results would be couriered to the embassy last Wednesday and they issue the interview letter quickly. I don't know whether I should fork out the ridiculous some of money and call them or not? Trying to be in the states for late June/ early July

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I have the same question as TamsynE. :) Dave sent his DS2001 to the embassy on April 18....and we're still waiting for him to receive an interview letter as well. Should we call? Or is this a normal time frame? He'd sent his Packet 3 into the embassy about 3 weeks prior to his DS2001. This part of the wait is a little harder, I think! :P

Thank you for your help. :)

Timeline

I have the same question as TamsynE. :) Dave sent his DS2001 to the embassy on April 18....and we're still waiting for him to receive an interview letter as well. Should we call? Or is this a normal time frame? He'd sent his Packet 3 into the embassy about 3 weeks prior to his DS2001. This part of the wait is a little harder, I think! :P

Thank you for your help. :)

Thankfully it isn't just me then!! I sent all the packet 3 paperwork 4 weeks ago, called them today and they have still not updated the system! They said that it should take 2-4 weeks to update the system from when they receive the medical results. Had your fiancé already had his medical exam when he sent the DS2001?

Timeline

Thankfully it isn't just me then!! I sent all the packet 3 paperwork 4 weeks ago, called them today and they have still not updated the system! They said that it should take 2-4 weeks to update the system from when they receive the medical results. Had your fiancé already had his medical exam when he sent the DS2001?

Thank you for replying...it is frustrating waiting. :) He did have the medical way before we turned in the DS2001 but he was also waiting on more papers from his doctor (he has a chronic back issue). Its still been 5 weeks. Mostly I just wonder if things are in order...worrying we might've done something wrong... :)I'm a worrier.

Hopefully, we both hear something soon! Good luck! :D

Timeline

Thank you for replying...it is frustrating waiting. :) He did have the medical way before we turned in the DS2001 but he was also waiting on more papers from his doctor (he has a chronic back issue). Its still been 5 weeks. Mostly I just wonder if things are in order...worrying we might've done something wrong... :)I'm a worrier.

Hopefully, we both hear something soon! Good luck! :D

Ahh I see, well this sucks for both of us! Yes I'm a born worrier too, and on the advice from another member on here I resubmitted all my Packet 3 paperwork today with a cover note for an interview as soon as possible (I have a wedding booked and would really like to make it). This is definitely harder because I can see the finish line and I'm being held up!! It's even more frustrating when you see timeline updates from the London consulate of other members who submitted their packet 3's and a week later they get their interview letter! Hope either one of us gets it soon! :)

Timeline

Ahh I see, well this sucks for both of us! Yes I'm a born worrier too, and on the advice from another member on here I resubmitted all my Packet 3 paperwork today with a cover note for an interview as soon as possible (I have a wedding booked and would really like to make it). This is definitely harder because I can see the finish line and I'm being held up!! It's even more frustrating when you see timeline updates from the London consulate of other members who submitted their packet 3's and a week later they get their interview letter! Hope either one of us gets it soon! :)

I like that advice...and if we don't hear something soon, I'll suggest it to Dave. :D He did call the embassy yesterday and was told there's been no update and was given an e-mail address for updates. We forgot to send a cover letter with the ds-2001; he informed them of our wedding date in the e-mail...hope that works to speed things up too! I really hope you hear something soon! :)

Timeline

I like that advice...and if we don't hear something soon, I'll suggest it to Dave. :D He did call the embassy yesterday and was told there's been no update and was given an e-mail address for updates. We forgot to send a cover letter with the ds-2001; he informed them of our wedding date in the e-mail...hope that works to speed things up too! I really hope you hear something soon! :)

We called the department of state and the embassy and wasn't really provided much help, let alone an email address! Hope they respond to the second set of paperwork!

When are you planning to marry?

Timeline

Hang in there! I have my interview June 15th!! I called the department of state. It is the price of a long distance call instead of £1.50 a min!

Timeline

Hang in there! I have my interview June 15th!! I called the department of state. It is the price of a long distance call instead of £1.50 a min!

Yeah!!! Good news! Congratulations! We're planning on July 21...hopefully. :P

So glad for you, though! :D

Timeline

That's an awesome date!

We just found out the embassy is missing the Packet 3 forms. :( We're re-sending....

Oh no! Did you send them recorded? Send a cover note with it, stating your wedding date, and requesting an interview ASAP because of that reason. If you already have a wedding booked then they should put you before others that haven't.

Good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.