Nich-Nick

London 2012- K1s from NOA2 to interview thread

2,468 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I have just submitted my DS-160 and am sorting out my affidavit of support, which is the last bit of documentation I need before I apply for my medical.

I am sure it has been discussed on here, but what is the next step I should take? I keep hearing stuff about 'Pack 3' and checking your status, but I don't know what any of this is!

Guidance would be much appreciated.

My K-1 visa interview review: http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/view-dos-cis-reviews.php?entry=13931 Sorry for the grammar mistakes! I wrote this very quickly and am not able to go back and edit it!

My POE interview review: http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/poereviews.php?trim=no&poe=JFK&page=1&dfilter=0

Native Northumbrian

100px-Flag_of_Northumberland.svg.png

Adopted New Yorker

100px-Flag_of_New_York_City.svg.png

Met in London, UK - 8th October, 2010

Fiancee moved back to NYC - October 2011

Two year long-distance relationship

I-129f sent - 10th September 2013

I-129f NOA1 - 24th September 2013

NOA2 - 18th October 2013 (so fast!!)

DS-160 sent - 14th November 2013

Readiness form submitted - 4th January 2014

Medical examination - 13th January 2014

Interview date - 11th February 2014

Visa approved!

Entered the US at JFK - 30th March 2014

Married! - 25th April 2014

Mailed AOS package - 8th May 2014

Recieved NOA for AOS - 12th May 2014

EAD/AP approved - 23rd July 2014

Received EAD/AP - 31st July 2014

Began working again! - 1st August 2014

what is referred to as packet 3 is just a letter from the embassy telling you they have your case and you can submit your paperwork and do the medical. If you have an LND number and your police cert you can do your medical although check on the CEAC website to make sure your case is at least in transit from NVC to London.

Timeline

NOBBIE is correct. We booked our medical today, and our status is still IN TRANSIT, even though I see that our document was signed for yesterday. Medical only asked for the LND number. We booked the medical for January 23, even though they had plenty of earlier openings. We had police certificates from 4 countries together, which we did a few months ago, so after the holidays, we will be ready.

How far out are final embassy interview being booked? Is it still four weeks? Does the embassy give you date choices or just assign you an appointment date.

NOBBIE is correct. We booked our medical today, and our status is still IN TRANSIT, even though I see that our document was signed for yesterday. Medical only asked for the LND number. We booked the medical for January 23, even though they had plenty of earlier openings. We had police certificates from 4 countries together, which we did a few months ago, so after the holidays, we will be ready.

How far out are final embassy interview being booked? Is it still four weeks? Does the embassy give you date choices or just assign you an appointment date.

Well prepared you two getting those police certificates early. The medical people have just stuck in that question about the LND number to keep people from trying to book too early . Back in our time, they would say "have you received your packet from the embassy"? We would say "yes" whether we had or not and they would let you make an appointment.

The embassy assigns a date. Many are not four more weeks after you get the letter. It all seems to be different with each person really. Hard to pin it down to a pattern.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Today we received our LND number from the NVC and our case is "In Transit" on the CEAC website.

My fiancée has 3 children we are bringing over as well and as such I am wondering if anyone else has had issues with bringing children over.

I read somewhere that the medical in London has different prices based on the ages of the K visa applicants. The children are all under 11 years of age.

We will be mailing off the ACRO paperwork this week as well as making sure she has all immunizations paperwork for herself and the children.

Can someone give me a breakdown on the costs from now until the day I buy plane tickets.

Basically what will we need for the Medical and what will we need for the actual Interview.

One more question anyone have issues bringing the children thru POE customs (Atlanta)? She is working on getting paperwork saying she is allowed to immigrate to the USA with the children. She will have paperwork signed by one father, and she is getting legal paperwork for the youngest to come without his fathers signature.

Met Cat in England while I was stationed there - 23 Sep, 2011

Engaged - 14 Feb 2012

Reassigned to USA - 6 Jun 2012

Cat came to visit me in the states - 23 Jun thru 21 Aug 2012

I Visited Cat in the UK - 26 Feb thru 17 Mar 2013

I-129f sent - 22 Oct 2013

I-129f NOA1 - 29 Oct 2013

NOA2 - 13 Nov 2013 (Time from NOA1 to NOA2 14 days)

NVC received - 17 Dec 2013

NVC left - 23 Dec 2013

Consulate received - 7 Jan 2014

Packet 3 and LND # assigned - 23 January 2014

Medical London Knightsbridge - 05 Feb 2014

Medical clearance on hold for one form from Cat's Doctor. Appointment made for 28 February.

Medical finally done 2 May 2014

Status changed 8 May 2014 ready

Packet 4/interview date letter received 14 May 2014

Paid MRV fee 4 Visas $1016 Receipt in hand

Interview Scheduled for 9 June 2014

Today we received our LND number from the NVC and our case is "In Transit" on the CEAC website.

My fiancée has 3 children we are bringing over as well and as such I am wondering if anyone else has had issues with bringing children over.

I read somewhere that the medical in London has different prices based on the ages of the K visa applicants. The children are all under 11 years of age.

We will be mailing off the ACRO paperwork this week as well as making sure she has all immunizations paperwork for herself and the children.

Can someone give me a breakdown on the costs from now until the day I buy plane tickets.

Basically what will we need for the Medical and what will we need for the actual Interview.

One more question anyone have issues bringing the children thru POE customs (Atlanta)? She is working on getting paperwork saying she is allowed to immigrate to the USA with the children. She will have paperwork signed by one father, and she is getting legal paperwork for the youngest to come without his fathers signature.

The prices for the medical are as follows and can be found on the Knightsbridge Doctors website.

Adult: £235

Child: £110

So Adult + 3x Child = £565 before you factor in any immunizations she chooses to have on the day. But she should check with her Doctor to make sure that all of them have up-to-date immunizations. For adults specifically you currently need a DTaP shot, an MMR shot and your Flu shot as it's in season. The kids may have slightly different requirements but if they're up to date they should be no issue.

As for visa costs themselves, that is $240 (they charge £150 on the MRV website) per applicant regardless of age, and an extra $30 per person for home delivery. So you're looking at $270 x4 = $1040.

The above costs don't factor in the cost of the Police Certificate for herself (kids are all under 16 so they're clear), any missing Birth Certificates, and any Marriage/Divorce certificates.

Now, onto the issue of paperwork for the kids. She'll need it at the embassy and it would be wise to have it again at the POE just in case it goes missing, but it would most likely be placed in the casefile envelope(s) she takes with her into secondary at Atlanta. I cannot remember whether you need to have the permissions notarized, I think in the case of the one she can get herslef it does need to be notarized. In the case of the second which is going through the courts, that shouldn't be an issue as it's issued by the courts. But again, I'm not 100% sure. One of the others may know.

"What's yours is mine!"

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Quick question do the UK medical Dr usually keep immunizations on file? All of Cat's kids have lived in the same house since they were born and used the same hospital but the hospital is saying they don't have them kind of records?

Does that sound right? I will be honest I do not have much faith in the Kettering Hospital.

Met Cat in England while I was stationed there - 23 Sep, 2011

Engaged - 14 Feb 2012

Reassigned to USA - 6 Jun 2012

Cat came to visit me in the states - 23 Jun thru 21 Aug 2012

I Visited Cat in the UK - 26 Feb thru 17 Mar 2013

I-129f sent - 22 Oct 2013

I-129f NOA1 - 29 Oct 2013

NOA2 - 13 Nov 2013 (Time from NOA1 to NOA2 14 days)

NVC received - 17 Dec 2013

NVC left - 23 Dec 2013

Consulate received - 7 Jan 2014

Packet 3 and LND # assigned - 23 January 2014

Medical London Knightsbridge - 05 Feb 2014

Medical clearance on hold for one form from Cat's Doctor. Appointment made for 28 February.

Medical finally done 2 May 2014

Status changed 8 May 2014 ready

Packet 4/interview date letter received 14 May 2014

Paid MRV fee 4 Visas $1016 Receipt in hand

Interview Scheduled for 9 June 2014

General Note: This post is now obsolete. If you need information, go to the K1 London Guide at the top of the forum.

The NHS are supposed to keep vaccination records but like all Government departments they lose things. GPs lost my records, for example. If the local GP (Doctor) doesn't have the vaccination records on their computers then they may be in paper form. Worst case scenario, the vaccinations they require for their current age band may have to be redone by said GP. I don't have any faith in the NHS's recordkeeping either, and the fact that my local GP didn't have a sodding clue even when I requested specific vaccinations tells you something.

That said, for the kids.. do they not have their red health books or anything like that?

Edited by Wheatley

"What's yours is mine!"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.