Nich-Nick

London 2012- K1s from NOA2 to interview thread

2,468 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Oh no! Did you send them recorded? Send a cover note with it, stating your wedding date, and requesting an interview ASAP because of that reason. If you already have a wedding booked then they should put you before others that haven't.

Good luck!

The cover letter is a great idea. :) Thank you! And Dave's gonna send this packet registered mail....make sure someone signs for 'em! And hey! July 21 is a wonderful date! ;)

Hi everyone! Just wanted to share my experience thusfar since I'm moving along in the process, but not there yet:

My guy received his packet 3 letter on Friday, and we sent back all the required forms, booked his medical exam and paid the visa fee on Monday since we wanted to get as much done as quickly as possible :)

The woman who processed the visa fee payment was very nice and said that we didn't have to pay right away but understood that we wanted to get it done fast. She said that we would probably get an interview date in August, which seems realistic, though I'd always hope for the soonest available :innocent:

Anyway, we used my U.S. credit card to pay the visa fee, but when I tried to use that same card later in the day to pay for something else at the grocery store, it was declined! I called Capital One and they thought the visa fee payment was a fraudulent transaction and they put a hold on my card! LOL! I was very adamant that it was me who initiated that transaction and if there were any problems with it, I would freak out because it was a very important transaction. It was all cleared up in 5 minutes, but I couldn't help but laugh!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Could somebody please help! I have all the stuff ready for my interview on the 15th and am just getting around to making copies of it all.

I have the I-134 and a letter from Matt's employer. All of his W2's from his past 2 employments and every wage slip from his current job. I've read lots on here about a form 1040 being taken. Is this required?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Wales
Timeline

what, the 1040 tax return? As far as I'm aware you don't need that. Not until AOS stage.

----

I seem to recall seeing a post or two on here about people who had their medical, then almost immediately afterwards they paid for their interview, without having had an interview date set or letter confirming an interview. From memory, the poster said that this sped up the interview times.

Have I got this completely wrong or is this actually possible?

Timeline

what, the 1040 tax return? As far as I'm aware you don't need that. Not until AOS stage.

----

I seem to recall seeing a post or two on here about people who had their medical, then almost immediately afterwards they paid for their interview, without having had an interview date set or letter confirming an interview. From memory, the poster said that this sped up the interview times.

Okay, thank you.

I'm not sure if it's true, I have been issued an interview 5 weeks after my medical and haven't yet paid. With all the bank holidays this month is what has delayed them. You could pay and try your luck. Perhaps they will prioritise.

My guy and I paid right away just in the slight chance that it would help. The woman on the phone said it wasn't necessary to pay right away but she understood our reasoning for wanting to get everything done right away. So... it sounds like it doesn't hurt anything in the process to do it right away, but if it helps, then great :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Wales
Timeline

My guy and I paid right away just in the slight chance that it would help. The woman on the phone said it wasn't necessary to pay right away but she understood our reasoning for wanting to get everything done right away. So... it sounds like it doesn't hurt anything in the process to do it right away, but if it helps, then great :)

I shall probably be doing that then, it's easier to budget, If it helps, great, otherwise it's just one less thing to worry about. I would have thought you would need an interview to actually pay, but cool!

I shall probably be doing that then, it's easier to budget, If it helps, great, otherwise it's just one less thing to worry about. I would have thought you would need an interview to actually pay, but cool!

That's what I thought too, but the packet 3 letter had some wording toward the bottom that all applicants have to pay the fee prior to the interview and it gave the number/instructions to call. I think once you get your packet 3 letter, you can send off the forms, book the medical and pay the fee immediately which will knock out a bunch of steps at once :)

Timeline

Just to be more clear---

...to reach them 3-4 days after the medical exam date because that's how long it takes the medical results to arrive. Thus the medical results and the DS-2001 reach the embassy around the same time.

A couple of things:

As you may remember from another thread we posted that you responded to (thank you so much!), we thought we could do our medical as soon as we had an LND number (but before it was sent out to the embassy - oops), so my fiance did that, but then the case got held at the NVC for 2 weeks. The case is on it's way to the embassy now (it should get there after the Queen's Jubilee is over and the embassy opens up next week), but my worry is that the medical results have already been there, but our packet 3 forms won't be for a while still. Should I worry that the medical results will be there so much sooner than we are able to send back our Packet 3 forms?

Then, to clarify (so we don't bungle the timing up further), we can send our Packet 3 info (we have everything for our interview ready) as soon as the embassy confirms they've received our case, we don't have to wait for the letter/email? We just send in the documents as if we've received it? Then we can pay for the visa (what I'm reading here leads me to believe that can help us get an earlier interview date) and wait for our letter?

Sorry to be so geeked out about this, but I'm expecting and we'd like daddy home ASAP so we want to move quickly but our margin for error is pretty small. Thanks so much!

11/2/2011 Met in Person for the 1st time

11/5/2011 Proposal

11/28/2011 I-129F sent to Dallas

12/8/2011 NOA1 from CSC

5/2/2012 NOA2

5/17/2012 Received by NVC (put in AP)

5/24/2012 Medical exam

5/31/2012 Application forwarded to UK consulate

6/7/2012 Confirmed received at consulate

6/9/2012 Sent Packet 3 to consulate

6/22/2012 Packet 3 documents shown as received, interview date assigned

7/12/2012 Interview. Result: 221g, Further Documentation Required

7/17/2012 Sent documents by courier. They delivered 7/20/2012.

7/25/2012 Embassy confirmed issuing approved visa.

7/26/2012 Visa received

7/27/2012 POE - Seattle

8/14/2012 Wedding <3

8/24/2012 Mailed in AOS paperwork to Chicago

Too late to worry about the medical arriving before the case file. Get the forms filled out and the minute you know London has logged the case, mail them.

Don't forget there is a cover letter that goes with the DS-2001 asking for certain information from him. That's a good place to mention you are in a hurry because of pregnancy and he would like to travel as soon as possible.

You can call DOS in the US and find out when the case is logged. The letter contains nothing important. Dan posted a copy of it in this thread. All you need to know is on the embassy website.

Paying does not in any way speed up the interview.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Talk to me about the letter from the bank regarding accounts. Is this really needed for the I-134 when I have 3 years tax transcripts, well over poverty and 3-4 check stubs?

What do you all think? Or what are you all doing?

whistling.gif

London just wants a good proof of income. Two proofs is plenty.

Choose 2 from:

• Most recent tax return all pages and W2 OR transcript. Yes only one. It's a good practice to sign the tax return just like you would if mailing to the IRS to file.
  • Employer letter
  • Pay stubs
  • Social Security or pension letter
  • Assets if if no income would be proven with bank or brokerage statements

Or get creative with what you can use to show income. There is not a "must have" item for London. Your task is to show income but it doesn't have to be 10 different ways.

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I have my interview next Friday! Any tips?

I'm so anxious to finally see the end of this ordeal!

Hey :) On this thread a few pgs, back I think, there is a link to a video. Kinda shows what to expect. :) Good good luck Friday! :D

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.