JohnL

Father in law has no interest

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: El Salvador
Timeline

My wife is a USC from El Salvador. Her mother was denied a visitors visa because they are poor. Her father has no interest in flying or coming to the US. The only way to get her here for a visit is for my USC wife to apply for her permanent resident card. How is it going to look at the interview? She will have to abandon her husband of 40 years and her 2 remaing children at home going to college.

Merry Christmas.

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : El Salvador

I-129F Sent : 2006-03-13

I-129F NOA1 : 2006-03-16

I-129F RFE(s) : 2006-06-23

RFE Reply(s) : 2006-07-06

Touched July, 27

Touched July, 28

I-129F NOA2 : July, 31, 2006

NVC recieved Aug, 04,2006

Embassy recieved Aug, 14,2006

Packet 3 mailed Sept 19, 2006 per Visas USA.

Packet 3 Recieved in El Salvador by Digna October 17, 2006

Packet 3 Recieved in Calif. October 21, 2006.......Go figure, it was mailed on the 17th of October.

Medical completed Friday, Oct. 27. Instructed by clinic staff to call Embassy (Visas USA) for appointment.

Arrival SFO Dec. 29, 2006

Married Jan. 03, 2007

Cutting to the chase....after all the work

My wife is a USC from El Salvador. Her mother was denied a visitors visa because they are poor. Her father has no interest in flying or coming to the US. The only way to get her here for a visit is for my USC wife to apply for her permanent resident card. How is it going to look at the interview? She will have to abandon her husband of 40 years and her 2 remaing children at home going to college.

Merry Christmas.

Assuming a letter inviting her and an affidavit of support were presented during visa request. Might not make a difference but I'd contact your Congressman and present your case. Additionally, How about calling the US Embassy in El Salvador and present the case? The Embassy might not be as receptive, but with the Congressman on your side, it could help. Aside from that, there is really not much else that could be done. Hopefully you'll get to someone in the Embassy that is receptive.

As you probably know, there are requirements to stay in the country for a LPR. As a short term solution, Is it possible for your wife to travel?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: El Salvador
Timeline

Assuming a letter inviting her and an affidavit of support were presented during visa request. Might not make a difference but I'd contact your Congressman and present your case. Additionally, How about calling the US Embassy in El Salvador and present the case? The Embassy might not be as receptive, but with the Congressman on your side, it could help. Aside from that, there is really not much else that could be done. Hopefully you'll get to someone in the Embassy that is receptive.

As you probably know, there are requirements to stay in the country for a LPR. As a short term solution, Is it possible for your wife to travel?

We have a 2 year old and a 2 month old. Bringing my mother in law over for a vacation is more cost effective. American embassy is El Salvador said poor people do not get to visit the US. US Consular official would not look at the package we provided, to include affadavit of support or wife's citizenship certificate. They said for her and her 72 year old husband to go out and get jobs and accumalate assets and come back in a couple of years.

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : El Salvador

I-129F Sent : 2006-03-13

I-129F NOA1 : 2006-03-16

I-129F RFE(s) : 2006-06-23

RFE Reply(s) : 2006-07-06

Touched July, 27

Touched July, 28

I-129F NOA2 : July, 31, 2006

NVC recieved Aug, 04,2006

Embassy recieved Aug, 14,2006

Packet 3 mailed Sept 19, 2006 per Visas USA.

Packet 3 Recieved in El Salvador by Digna October 17, 2006

Packet 3 Recieved in Calif. October 21, 2006.......Go figure, it was mailed on the 17th of October.

Medical completed Friday, Oct. 27. Instructed by clinic staff to call Embassy (Visas USA) for appointment.

Arrival SFO Dec. 29, 2006

Married Jan. 03, 2007

Cutting to the chase....after all the work

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

We have a 2 year old and a 2 month old. Bringing my mother in law over for a vacation is more cost effective. American embassy is El Salvador said poor people do not get to visit the US. US Consular official would not look at the package we provided, to include affadavit of support or wife's citizenship certificate. They said for her and her 72 year old husband to go out and get jobs and accumalate assets and come back in a couple of years.

They may have said that but it isnt about money. People have to meet the strongest ties rule which can be very hard to do. They have to prove beyond doubt they must return to their country.

They would not review your info because it has nothing to do with her application. In fact its a very bad idea to submit a support form for her because it indicates she cant support herself. Your wifes citizenship has nothing to do with the MILs case either. These tourist visa cases are determined on their own merits. You yourself will not be allowed to present her case by any method.

Keep in mind USCIS views every person holding any type of visa as intending immigrants. This fact must be offset by the applicant.

Your wife can contact her politicians at anytime to seek help. Do this by using their web site to find the form to fill out requesting help. Evey one of them has staff trained to placate the citizens. In the end you will find they have no ability to do anything in these cases. Ask what action they took to reform the immigration laws & what they are working on right now.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Merry Christmas.

won't look like anything,

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

It's possible they could bring up the issue at her interview. Consulates do not like issuing immigrant visas to someone who has no intention of immigrating. A green card is not supposed to be used as an alternative to a visitors visa. In fact, there are specific rules that will result in a green card being revoked if they determine it's being used that way. Misuse of a visa is a crime under title 18 USC, section 1546.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Merry Christmas.

Well.. if he doenst want to do then dont PETITION for the other person. Cant tell someone to do something if the interest isnt there.

Current cut off date F2A - Current 

Brother's Journey (F2A) - PD Dec 30, 2010

Dec 30 2010 - Notice of Action 1 (NOA1)
May 12 2011 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2)
May 23 2011 - NVC case # Assigned
Nov 17 2011 - COA / I-864 received
Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA
Apr 30 2012 - Pay AOS fee

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee
Oct 25 2012 - Sent AOS/IV Package

Oct 29 2012 - Pkg Delivered
Dec 24 2012 - Case Complete

May 17 2013 - Interview-Approved

July 19 2013 - Enter the USA

"... Answer when you are called..."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.