AKSinghSingh79

Skype Chat Logs

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but I'm trying to figure out how to get my previous skype chat logs with my fiance.

I know that you can pull up all of your old messages for a year but I don't want the content, only the dates and times we logged on and chatted. Is it possible to get these? I know that yahoo messenger has this feature but we chat way more on skype.

I also got the call log information from skype.com already.

I was hoping someone in the VJ community had experience with this.

Thanks!

I am the petitioner.

VMETm4.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

OP - What I did was go to the top Skype top menu and selected window/history and did a screen print of the video chat calls.

I also took a screen shot of my fiancee and I video conferencing.

I hope this helps!

BTW - I'm on a mac.

Best wishes!

This is what I use

Scroll down to lucdecauwer's post and download the "SkypeCallExporter.zip" and follow the directions there.

http://forum.skype.com/index.php?showtopic=87531

Timeline

OP - What I did was go to the top Skype top menu and selected window/history and did a screen print of the video chat calls.

I also took a screen shot of my fiancee and I video conferencing.

I hope this helps!

BTW - I'm on a mac.

Best wishes!

Hmmmm, I'm not seeing that option at the top of my skype window. Maybe I have an old version of Skype? If I update my Skype software, will I lose all my previous chat and call history?

I am the petitioner.

VMETm4.png

This is what I use

Scroll down to lucdecauwer's post and download the "SkypeCallExporter.zip" and follow the directions there.

http://forum.skype.c...showtopic=87531

good.gif This is what I used for my Skype logs! Works absolutely perfectly yes.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I just updated my Skype software. They moved the snapshot feature to take a picture in the latest version. Now you have to click on the plus sign below the active video window and there is a selection to take a picture. When I updated Skype, I didn't lose any pictures in my snapshot gallery nor my chat logs.

I have 22 years software development experience. I will look at this program that exports these logs and if I can greatly enhance the reporting features, I will create another program. So if you have suggestions, like printing pictures from the snapshot gallery, eight to a page, with their date and time stamp next to it, I would listen. I do this kind of stuff all the time. The biggest constraint is my time and how much benefit it would provide.

Timeline

good.gif This is what I used for my Skype logs! Works absolutely perfectly yes.gif

Thank you! Does this also work for chats and computer to computer calls?

I am the petitioner.

VMETm4.png

Thank you! Does this also work for chats and computer to computer calls?

Yes, that's what I used Skype for, computer to computer. It'll show a log of every outgoing and incoming call.

But that program won't show the chats. If you want a log of all chats, I used Skype Log View, which can be downloaded from here: http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/skype_log_view.html I used that program as well and loved it.

Timeline

Yes, that's what I used Skype for, computer to computer. It'll show a log of every outgoing and incoming call.

But that program won't show the chats. If you want a log of all chats, I used Skype Log View, which can be downloaded from here: http://www.nirsoft.n...e_log_view.html I used that program as well and loved it.

Thank you so much!!! This is exactly what I was looking for. This will be extremely helpful as secondary evidence in our petition. Thank you again! You have no idea how grateful I am for this!

I have been searching everywhere to figure out a way to get the logs. :)

I am the petitioner.

VMETm4.png

Thank you so much!!! This is exactly what I was looking for. This will be extremely helpful as secondary evidence in our petition. Thank you again! You have no idea how grateful I am for this!

I have been searching everywhere to figure out a way to get the logs. :)

No problem! I used both programs for evidence. Didn't end up needing to show it, but glad I had it :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

Thank you very much to all at VJ for posting this information, this is really useful to know.

Filed for IR-1 Visa

12/14/2008: Met for the first time through friends
01/07/2009: First Date
07/07/2010: Married!
08/19/2011: I-130 mailed
08/24/2011: USCIS Acceptance Confirmation email received
08/26/2011: NOA1 received
09/23/2011: NOA2
09/26/2011: Case received by NVC
10/17/2011: Case put on NVC's system
10/18/2011: AOS bill invoiced and paid
10/20/2011: AOS bill shown as PAID
10/26/2011: Emailed DS-3032
10/28/2011: DS-3032 acknowledged and IV bill invoiced
10/31/2011: IV bill paid
11/01/2011: IV bill shown as PAID
10/13/2012: I-864 package mailed
10/26/2012: RFE
11/06/2012: IV package mailed
01/30/2013: Case complete at NVC
02/21/2013: Medical
03/06/2013: Interview- Approved
05/30/2013: POE
07/31/2013: Greencard arrived in mail!

Account of medical: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/416093-london-medical-experience/page__p__5997291#entry5997291
Review of Embassy/Interview: http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/view-dos-cis-reviews.php?entry=11637

• 1 year later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Has anyone got any information for a chat log viewer for Mac? I am looking to print just the log of our chats and not the content. We've chatted a lot and it would be hundreds and hundreds of pages...

Thanks

Mark

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.