prep.mac

AOS Interview Experience Today @Indianapolis USCIS

28 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi, Everyone!

We got to the USCIS office at 930am for my 10m scheduled interview. We were called in at 1120am, ended 12:010pm. We were interviewed together (my hubby, the USC and me unlike the previous couple who was interviewed separately and lasted for close to 2 hours! Indy USCIS office is known to do separate interviews of the couples based on the VJ feedback thread).

It was a smooth experience generally. We spent more time talking about my hair and my being an OC (super organized docs and home must always be clean) and my hubby's being a "hoarder" (he has tax docs as far as 1980's filed). :) IO asked about basic vital questions-names, DOBs, our address, phone numbers, and the standarrd YES and NO questions. She was laughing with us too. She asked our dox to show co-mingling of resources. She got copies of the letter from the insurance agent stating my hubby had applied for the life insurance but pending the medical results so we dont have the actual policy yet. The check had been cashed though. She looked at the dated photos of our travels within the US as well as our wedding pix. Asked about where and how we met.

Then came the question about my kids from my previous relationship (not married to the father of my kids though so this is my first marriage), where they were born (son in California in 2001 and daughter in the Philippines in 2007) and where they are now (both still in the Philippines, we added my son is coming here next month and that hubby had filed a petition for my daughter last June, got the NOA1 for that).

My entries and exits in the US (had a 10 yr multiple entry B1/B2 visa that expired Feb 2011) was the next topic. I first came here in March 2001, was given 6 mos good to stay by the CBP. I didn't know I was pregnant til a month later and I applied for an extension of stay which was granted by INS, the ex-USCIS.My son's born here in August 2001. I applied for an extension of stay sometime between March and August of 2001. I got the approval of the extension for additional 6 mos. Now the IO wants that letter of approval from the INS from 10 years ago. I said I don't have it and I doubt if I have it on file in the Philippines as I have not seen it in years. Last recall I saw it Dec 2001 when I received it. I left the US Jan 5, 2002 with my son. So, in essence, I stayed here for 10 months in all. I didn't stay for the whole 12 mos which was granted by INS.

She asked for copies of my exits and entries cuz she wanted to make sure I did not overstay here. I gave her all my 4 passports and she made copies of all of them.She came back and printed 2 dox- then she said to my hubby she will approve his I-130 petition for me then she looked at me and said she can't approve today the I-485 pending that 2001 extension approval letter. She said she can't remember her password that time (strange I think!) for her to check on the system using my name. She said "you see that was before Sept 11, 2001 so it might take some time but don't worry about it for now cuz I will try to locate it. If I can't find it, then you will get a NOID in the mail just asking you to provide us with a copy of that letter". My hubby asked her where else can we obtain that letter of approval of my extension in 2001. She said "well, she filed with INS, the then USCIS". My hubby got a little irritated especially that he came from a third shift and drove 2 hrs to get there and waited for over an hour til we were called in and said "if she filed it with you then it should be with you, right?". The IO said"I will try to find it but if I can't, you have to provide it to us since it is your respsonsibility anyway". I said ok I am 100% sure I applied for that extension and been approved but I doubt if I have the copy of the letter since even in my country I had relocated to 4-5 cities in 10 years due to work. So she was specific that that was the only impediment to the approval of my I-485. I also told her, if I did not get the approval on the request for extension, CBP should not have allowed me to come in the US in 2004, 2009 and 2010 then. She said "well, it is possible". I wondered out loud "how come if I "overstayed" in 2001-2002 and it's not like I crossed the border. I crossed the Pacific Ocean and was interviewed by the CBP in each of my POE's". She said it can happen and they just want to see the document.

All in all, it was a pleasant interview. We were relaxed throughout. When we got home, we checked the online status of our cases, no touch. Now am praying that she remembers her password so she can check on their system for that approval of extension.

I felt relieved the interview's over but am not in the clear yet. She also told us the Removal of Conditions process (I-751) if I get approved. The " IF" gave me the chills..lol! And that I would receive the green card within 2-3 weeks.

Anyone with similar experience or who can give me a clue what this means? Anything that would help me calm my nerves?lol!

Thanks for the prayers, especially to my co-May filers!

My timelines:

5/02/11 - sent AOS packet (I-130/I-485/I-765) to Chicago Lockbox

5/04/11 - AOS packet received by Chicago Lockbox

5/23/11 - Received NOA for RFE (I-693)

5/27/11 - Sent RFE to DHS Lee's Summit, MO

6/02/11 - DHS Lee's Summit received REF reply

6/06/11 - Biometrics done at Louisville, KY as per NOA schedule

6/24/11 - Received NOA for July 25 interview in Indianapolis, IN

6/30/11 – Received text and email messages EAD card on production

7/06/11 - Received text and email messages EAD card on production AGAIN!!!

7/07/11- Received text and email messages EAD was approved and USCIS mailed me a notice.

7/09/11 – EAD card IN HAND! J

7/11/11 – SSN application @ Bloomington, IN office

7/16/11 - Received SSN card in the mail

7/19/11 – Applied for state ID

7/22/11 – started work..:)

7/23/11 – received IN State ID..:)

7/25/11 – AOS interview @10am in Indianapolis, IN I-130 Petition for a Minor Child of USC

6/25/11 - Sent I-130 packet for stepchild

6/27/11 – USCIS receipt date

6/28/11 - Received text and email messages stating USCIS received it and moved case to CSC

7/01/11 - Touched

7/02/11 – Received NOA1

Timeline

Hi, Everyone!

We got to the USCIS office at 930am for my 10m scheduled interview. We were called in at 1120am, ended 12:010pm. We were interviewed together (my hubby, the USC and me unlike the previous couple who was interviewed separately and lasted for close to 2 hours! Indy USCIS office is known to do separate interviews of the couples based on the VJ feedback thread).

It was a smooth experience generally. We spent more time talking about my hair and my being an OC (super organized docs and home must always be clean) and my hubby's being a "hoarder" (he has tax docs as far as 1980's filed). :) IO asked about basic vital questions-names, DOBs, our address, phone numbers, and the standarrd YES and NO questions. She was laughing with us too. She asked our dox to show co-mingling of resources. She got copies of the letter from the insurance agent stating my hubby had applied for the life insurance but pending the medical results so we dont have the actual policy yet. The check had been cashed though. She looked at the dated photos of our travels within the US as well as our wedding pix. Asked about where and how we met.

Then came the question about my kids from my previous relationship (not married to the father of my kids though so this is my first marriage), where they were born (son in California in 2001 and daughter in the Philippines in 2007) and where they are now (both still in the Philippines, we added my son is coming here next month and that hubby had filed a petition for my daughter last June, got the NOA1 for that).

My entries and exits in the US (had a 10 yr multiple entry B1/B2 visa that expired Feb 2011) was the next topic. I first came here in March 2001, was given 6 mos good to stay by the CBP. I didn't know I was pregnant til a month later and I applied for an extension of stay which was granted by INS, the ex-USCIS.My son's born here in August 2001. I applied for an extension of stay sometime between March and August of 2001. I got the approval of the extension for additional 6 mos. Now the IO wants that letter of approval from the INS from 10 years ago. I said I don't have it and I doubt if I have it on file in the Philippines as I have not seen it in years. Last recall I saw it Dec 2001 when I received it. I left the US Jan 5, 2002 with my son. So, in essence, I stayed here for 10 months in all. I didn't stay for the whole 12 mos which was granted by INS.

She asked for copies of my exits and entries cuz she wanted to make sure I did not overstay here. I gave her all my 4 passports and she made copies of all of them.She came back and printed 2 dox- then she said to my hubby she will approve his I-130 petition for me then she looked at me and said she can't approve today the I-485 pending that 2001 extension approval letter. She said she can't remember her password that time (strange I think!) for her to check on the system using my name. She said "you see that was before Sept 11, 2001 so it might take some time but don't worry about it for now cuz I will try to locate it. If I can't find it, then you will get a NOID in the mail just asking you to provide us with a copy of that letter". My hubby asked her where else can we obtain that letter of approval of my extension in 2001. She said "well, she filed with INS, the then USCIS". My hubby got a little irritated especially that he came from a third shift and drove 2 hrs to get there and waited for over an hour til we were called in and said "if she filed it with you then it should be with you, right?". The IO said"I will try to find it but if I can't, you have to provide it to us since it is your respsonsibility anyway". I said ok I am 100% sure I applied for that extension and been approved but I doubt if I have the copy of the letter since even in my country I had relocated to 4-5 cities in 10 years due to work. So she was specific that that was the only impediment to the approval of my I-485. I also told her, if I did not get the approval on the request for extension, CBP should not have allowed me to come in the US in 2004, 2009 and 2010 then. She said "well, it is possible". I wondered out loud "how come if I "overstayed" in 2001-2002 and it's not like I crossed the border. I crossed the Pacific Ocean and was interviewed by the CBP in each of my POE's". She said it can happen and they just want to see the document.

All in all, it was a pleasant interview. We were relaxed throughout. When we got home, we checked the online status of our cases, no touch. Now am praying that she remembers her password so she can check on their system for that approval of extension.

I felt relieved the interview's over but am not in the clear yet. She also told us the Removal of Conditions process (I-751) if I get approved. The " IF" gave me the chills..lol! And that I would receive the green card within 2-3 weeks.

Anyone with similar experience or who can give me a clue what this means? Anything that would help me calm my nerves?lol!

Thanks for the prayers, especially to my co-May filers!

My timelines:

5/02/11 - sent AOS packet (I-130/I-485/I-765) to Chicago Lockbox

5/04/11 - AOS packet received by Chicago Lockbox

5/23/11 - Received NOA for RFE (I-693)

5/27/11 - Sent RFE to DHS Lee's Summit, MO

6/02/11 - DHS Lee's Summit received REF reply

6/06/11 - Biometrics done at Louisville, KY as per NOA schedule

6/24/11 - Received NOA for July 25 interview in Indianapolis, IN

6/30/11 – Received text and email messages EAD card on production

7/06/11 - Received text and email messages EAD card on production AGAIN!!!

7/07/11- Received text and email messages EAD was approved and USCIS mailed me a notice.

7/09/11 – EAD card IN HAND! J

7/11/11 – SSN application @ Bloomington, IN office

7/16/11 - Received SSN card in the mail

7/19/11 – Applied for state ID

7/22/11 – started work..:)

7/23/11 – received IN State ID..:)

7/25/11 – AOS interview @10am in Indianapolis, IN I-130 Petition for a Minor Child of USC

6/25/11 - Sent I-130 packet for stepchild

6/27/11 – USCIS receipt date

6/28/11 - Received text and email messages stating USCIS received it and moved case to CSC

7/01/11 - Touched

7/02/11 – Received NOA1

Hi prep.mac,

I'm pretty sure they would approved it since your I-130 has been approved.ours will be on Wednesday in Atlanta, Georgia. wish me luck. our husbands are both in the 3rd shift and were both by ourselves at night =) Goodluck i hope you would receive your I-485 approval pretty soon.

Timeline

Thanks karah for the word of encouragement!I did think of you earlier today. I know you're up on July 27, Wed...God bless!I hardly slpet last night but not nervous about it..got my dox (except for the 2001 approval of extension letter of course) and this marriage was entered into in good faith.So...try to relax ( I know easy to say!:)).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I have no idea why she's making an issue out of that. Even if you didn't get the extension, you wouldn't have overstayed long enough to incur a ban. AOS is discretionary, but they still need a reason to deny. A potential overstay of four months that happened 10 years ago doesn't seem like any basis for a denial, so I'm confused why she said you'd get a NOID. She's suspecting something else here, I think. I just don't know what it is. :unsure:

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Timeline

I have no idea why she's making an issue out of that. Even if you didn't get the extension, you wouldn't have overstayed long enough to incur a ban. AOS is discretionary, but they still need a reason to deny. A potential overstay of four months that happened 10 years ago doesn't seem like any basis for a denial, so I'm confused why she said you'd get a NOID. She's suspecting something else here, I think. I just don't know what it is. :unsure:

Hi Jim!

Appreciate your reply truly!

My husband and I were just retracing the interview again over dinner and he kept on telling me to just think of what the IO said to not worry at this point cuz she will try to find that letter. I just didnt like the sound of the NOID...am thinking if I get the NOID, that would be so unfair. I will need to get a lwayer to help us. We didn't even hire a lawyer when we filed last May.

I know a lot of people who had overstayed here and that was forgiven as they married a USC. They got their GC's. I had chances in 2001 and 2004 to have converted my B visa to H visa but I didnt cuz I was in love with the father of my kids in the Philippines and I have a house back home, a good job. I had marriage proposals from USCs before but the feelings were not mutual so I didn't get married. I didnt even wanna come here in the first place. It was my Mom who did all the paper work and I just appeared during the interview. Took me 2 mins and was given a 10 yr multiple entry B visa. I met my hubby in 2009 here in the US (online), went back home after 2 months and continued communicating with him as a friend til we met in person in Dec 2010. He asked me to marry him Mar 2011 (my visa expired Feb 2011 but I-94 was good til May 17. We got married April 2011). He didnt want me to leave the US. So if the "overstaying" is the reason, it sounds like a cop out to me. Of all the documents we have, the photocopies of all my passports were the ones I have left behind at home so she had to photocpy them herself.Maybe she thought I was hiding them?I don't know. I stand by my word that I applied for extension and was approved in 2001 yet I don't have that document anymore.INS/USCIS should have a copy of both my request and their reply (approval).

I know I have to be more patient. I don't know what her suspicions were/are. I would have gladly replied to them IF she asked me upfront to clarify matters.

My son is coming here in Aug to start school.We bought a ticket already and it's not cheap..and I just cant afford to get a lawyer for this. I just started working here too. Petition for my daughter is in process too.

Again, thank you..I wish they wud be more specific to me so I can address their concern of hesitating to grant me the GC....umm better yet, wish they find that letter in their system. Feel it's not fair that a lot of illegals have been here working for years and not caught while am trying to live a good life with people I love the legal way and I get this undue stress.

Sorry, venting out.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I really think you will be fine and your card will be on its way shortly. I've read all kinds of stories on this board of people who were grilled and left without having no idea if they were approved or not bc the IO was not pleasant etc.

I dont know why she's making an issue of a 4 month overstay, either. I am sure your status on the USCIS website will soon change to card production ordered! Dont worry, it will happen :luv:

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Sometimes, when chasing a document, that SHOULD be in their archive system - is best to ask for a supervisor during the interview.

Also, they have all of this stuff recorded already - it sounds like she didn't have your A-File, which includes the results of the namechecks and copies of stuff she says you must show.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

I really think you will be fine and your card will be on its way shortly. I've read all kinds of stories on this board of people who were grilled and left without having no idea if they were approved or not bc the IO was not pleasant etc.

I dont know why she's making an issue of a 4 month overstay, either. I am sure your status on the USCIS website will soon change to card production ordered! Dont worry, it will happen :luv:

Hi la2011!

It was not even an "overstay" as I applied for an extension and was given approval.Sigh! I'm thinking maybe she is suspecting our marriage a sham..as they tend to especially that I am adjusting from a B visa which expired Feb 2011. My marriage was Apr 2011, 3 weeks before my I-94 expired. So be it, let them scrutinize it. That's kinda acceptable to me but a letter from a decade ago to prove I did not overstay??grrrrr...lol!

Thank you for your words of encouragement. I did read several horror stories on here during their AOS interviews and thye were granted their GCs.

Good luck to you too!

Timeline

Sometimes, when chasing a document, that SHOULD be in their archive system - is best to ask for a supervisor during the interview.

Also, they have all of this stuff recorded already - it sounds like she didn't have your A-File, which includes the results of the namechecks and copies of stuff she says you must show.

Darnell, thanks muchos!

Too late for me to ask for the supervisor now.. :( (unless if I make an infopass appointment maybe?)

She actually asked me 2-3x if I have aliases, what other names I used..I told her all my 4 passports have one name (1997-2013) and I am sure that letter had the same name too. Even now I am using my maiden name. But it's strange she said she forgot her password to check on the records...A-file sounds new and nice...but how long would it take her to do that?sigh again!

Paranoid me thinks Jim cud just be right...they are onto something else..but why not tell me what that was?!oh well!we will find out ...hopefully soon!

Have a good eve!Thanks again!

You did birth tourism and didn't you mention elsewhere here that you used WIC and other federal programs to have your baby here? I don't understand how you can be 4 months pregnant and not know. Most people are showing by then. I also don't know why you wouldn't go home to have your baby. Sorry I can't be more positive. I think the IO is on to something and needs to double check all of this stuff. Good luck.

Edited by Harpa Timsah

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Darnell, thanks muchos!

Too late for me to ask for the supervisor now.. :( (unless if I make an infopass appointment maybe?)

She actually asked me 2-3x if I have aliases, what other names I used..I told her all my 4 passports have one name (1997-2013) and I am sure that letter had the same name too. Even now I am using my maiden name. But it's strange she said she forgot her password to check on the records...A-file sounds new and nice...but how long would it take her to do that?sigh again!

Paranoid me thinks Jim cud just be right...they are onto something else..but why not tell me what that was?!oh well!we will find out ...hopefully soon!

Have a good eve!Thanks again!

Bingo! I think you hit on it with the bolded statement above. They're asking for a document from years ago that ONLY the person who applied for it would actually have. I believe they think you're not who you claim to be. Her claiming that she didn't have the password to the computer system was an excuse for requiring YOU to produce that document.

Now you need to figure out why they think you're somebody else, and be prepared to address it. Did you ever come to the US with a different name, or apply for a visa under a different name?

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Timeline

Bingo! I think you hit on it with the bolded statement above. They're asking for a document from years ago that ONLY the person who applied for it would actually have. I believe they think you're not who you claim to be. Her claiming that she didn't have the password to the computer system was an excuse for requiring YOU to produce that document.

Now you need to figure out why they think you're somebody else, and be prepared to address it. Did you ever come to the US with a different name, or apply for a visa under a different name?

Uh oh, Jim! Never..I have always been one and the same person using the same name..all my documents : birth certificate, marriage certificate here, all 4 passports,even my name in my children's birth certificates and certificate of no marriage from the Philippines (even school transcripts since grade school thru Grad School are all in one and the same name). I even clarified with her that since my name would not fit in the I-130 form, I had to drop my second first name. I have 2 first names which is shown in all my records prior to getting here in the US. When we applied for the AOS, EAD and I-130, I had to drop one of the first names so I told her that and she admitted that their forms cant accommodate all the characters...my EAD and SSN cards and state ID then both have only one first name and my maiden last name but the passports, birth certificate, certificate of no moraaiage, school dox all have 2 firs names. I even told her how I got the 2 first names...one from each of my parent and why I chose the first first name than the second first name to be used here in the US. I honestly feel bad I had to drop my second first name. Also, I wanted to be consistent with the IDs I have here in the US so I opted to use one first name only.

Now that would be really interesting...and IF this is the case, they can't deny my AOS...as I am 100% honest in telling them this, just like in the other points raised. Thanks for the heads up!..I was a bit shaken cuz it never occured to me BUT that's something I can be ready for.

Thanks much Jim! :)

Timeline

You did birth tourism and didn't you mention elsewhere here that you used WIC and other federal programs to have your baby here? I don't understand how you can be 4 months pregnant and not know. Most people are showing by then. I also don't know why you wouldn't go home to have your baby. Sorry I can't be more positive. I think the IO is on to something and needs to double check all of this stuff. Good luck.

Hi Harpa!

I can prolly plead guilty to birth tourism but I didnt know I was pregnant when I got here in March...I gave birth first week of Aug to a premature boy, he was due mid-Sept. So I was not showing and I did (still do) have irregular periods (sorry kinda off topic but I think I should mention this for clarity)..I didnt have any pregnancy symptoms and I even jogged til 2 months before I gave birth so strange as this may sound, I did not know I was pregnant...anyway, when I learned about it (I talked to the father of my kid who was in the Philippines and he told his parents and they pledged to help but after less than a month I lost their assurance..my family was never thrilled with our relationship fromt he start and it just further distanced us)..I requested INS for an extension upon the prodding of my friends and one of them told me about WIC. I did not know about WIC before I hit the US. Call me naive but I didn't.

The first time we went there, I divulged to the WIC Coordinator in LA my status (am on a B visa) and I can recall clearly that she said their main concern's the child who will be the citizen of the US. They even photocopied my passport and visa as my passport's the only valid ID acceptable from me in the US that time. I also checked YES the item in I-485 stating something about receiving public assistance from the US government and provided a continuation page which I mentioned to the IO during the interview and she said it was no issue cuz WIC is a public assistance not a public charge consideration. I also showed her a printed copy I got from VJ re WIC. Let me point out that when I applied for I-485 I didnt know that WIC is not a public charge consideration, hence, I checked YES when I could have checked NO...the IO said it was good I did that though. I didn't intentionally leave this out in my original post. I didn't remember it when I sent the first message (was bewildered with the interview..fresh on my mind while typing the message)...on the second thought, I think it was not necessary considering what the IO said during the interview...I ruled WIC out as a possible reason for her to deny my application.

I got the approval of the request latter part of 2001 (IO said yes cuz things slowed down after Sept 11) ..I told her maybe it was late NOv or Dec...but I read that I was granted 6 more months (til Feb 2002) but we left Jan 7, 2002 for the Philippines. My son has never returned here since. I raised him in my country as I didnt have any intent to live here in the US til I met my hubby in 2009 but even then it was not a sealed deal...we met in person in Dec 2010 and he told me in March 2011 he wanted to marry me. With a great friendship as foundation, I decided to marry him 3 days before our wedding...he asked me Mar when I landed in Indy.

This is what I can tell you about WIC and my pregnancy.

Thanks much for your time.

Timeline

Uh oh, Jim! Never..I have always been one and the same person using the same name..all my documents : birth certificate, marriage certificate here, all 4 passports,even my name in my children's birth certificates and certificate of no marriage from the Philippines (even school transcripts since grade school thru Grad School are all in one and the same name). I even clarified with her that since my name would not fit in the I-130 form, I had to drop my second first name. I have 2 first names which is shown in all my records prior to getting here in the US. When we applied for the AOS, EAD and I-130, I had to drop one of the first names so I told her that and she admitted that their forms cant accommodate all the characters...my EAD and SSN cards and state ID then both have only one first name and my maiden last name but the passports, birth certificate, certificate of no moraaiage, school dox all have 2 firs names. I even told her how I got the 2 first names...one from each of my parent and why I chose the first first name than the second first name to be used here in the US. I honestly feel bad I had to drop my second first name. Also, I wanted to be consistent with the IDs I have here in the US so I opted to use one first name only.

Now that would be really interesting...and IF this is the case, they can't deny my AOS...as I am 100% honest in telling them this, just like in the other points raised. Thanks for the heads up!..I was a bit shaken cuz it never occured to me BUT that's something I can be ready for.

Thanks much Jim! :)

..and let me add Jim that I have applied for only one B visa in my lifetime using my name with the 2 first names in the Philippines....lastly, in the USCIS forms (I-130 and EAD) that asked "other names used" I put my complete name as it can accommodate all the letters there.She had my I-485 during the interview. It showed my complete name with 2 first names (consistent with my birth certificate and passport)...but when my EAD card arrived it had only my maiden name, I asked SSN to use the name as it appears in my EAD card, same things I asked BMV to do for my state ID. I have decided to drop my second first name here in the US.

Still at a loss...:)

Prep.Mac, I wish I had some advice but I have no idea what is going on, but I have faith that you'll be approved! Goodluck and God bless!!

My Journey:

We met through a study-abroad program in Shanghai, China in August of 2009

We got engaged March of 2010

I received my K1 VISA in 6 months (June-December 2010)

We were married 04/02/2011
I received my conditional 2-year greencard (AOS) in 2.5 months with no interview (April-June 2011)

Our son was born 02/03/2013

I received my masters degree in Speech-Language Pathology 04/17/2013

I received my 10-year greencard (ROC) in 3 months with no interview (March-June 2013)

My husband returned from deployment 06/20/2013

My naturalization journey took 4 months (April-August 2014)

I became a US citizen on 08/01/2014

Received passport in 3 weeks (regular processing)

Thank you, VJ! smile.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.