faust-yusov

Last Film You Saw Thread

2,208 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Honey I Shrunk the Kids and Honey, I Blew Up the Kid while babysitting. Two decades on and it is still awesome.

03/27/2009: Engaged in Ithaca, New York.
08/17/2009: Wedding in Calcutta, India.
09/29/2009: I-130 NOA1
01/25/2010: I-130 NOA2
03/23/2010: Case completed.
05/12/2010: CR-1 interview at Mumbai, India.
05/20/2010: US Entry, Chicago.
03/01/2012: ROC NOA1.
03/26/2012: Biometrics completed.
12/07/2012: 10 year card production ordered.

09/25/2013: N-400 NOA1

10/16/2013: Biometrics completed

12/03/2013: Interview

12/20/2013: Oath ceremony

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

The Hangover Part II -- Went in with very low expectations and found it to be quite enjoyable, in fact. 7/10

Captain America -- Ditto.

Going the Distance -- Belch, rather unremarkable. 4/10

The Roommate -- I *love* the obsessive-stalker-b!tch-single-white-female genre. 6/10

Not sure if our taste in movies is the same, since I hated the Hangover BUT if you love the "obsessive female" genre, you should check out Play Misty for Me with Clint Eastwood. That is, of course, if you haven't seen it.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Not sure if our taste in movies is the same, since I hated the Hangover BUT if you love the "obsessive female" genre, you should check out Play Misty for Me with Clint Eastwood. That is, of course, if you haven't seen it.

Jessica Walter scares me. :help: :help: :help:

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Timeline

:lol: :lol: She is really scary as Misty.

She was playing a role?

IR5

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

She was playing a role?

Jessica was. I got messed up and said Misty instead of Evelyn. LOL. :whistle: I don't think I've seen Jessica Walter playing any other role, so I don't know much about her.

Timeline

Jessica was. I got messed up and said Misty instead of Evelyn. LOL. :whistle: I don't think I've seen Jessica Walter playing any other role, so I don't know much about her.

Seen her in a few other things, I didn't watch that TV show (Arrested Development). The last film I saw was JFK.

IR5

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

The cook, the thief, his wife and her lover.

Lets just say its a bit odd (with plenty of boobies)

K-1 Visa Journey

04/20/2006 - file our I-129f.

09/14/2006 - US Embassy interview. Ask Lauren to marry me again, just to make sure. Says Yes. Phew!

10/02/2006 - Fly to New York, EAD at JFK, I'm in!!

10/14/2006 - Married! The perfect wedding day.

AOS Journey

10/23/2006 - AOS and EAD filed

05/29/2007 - RFE (lost medical)

08/02/2007 - RFE received back at CSC

08/10/2007 - Card Production ordered

08/17/2007 - Green Card Arrives

Removing Conditions

05/08/2009 - I-751 Mailed

05/13/2009 - NOA1

06/12/2009 - Biometrics Appointment

09/24/2009 - Approved (twice)

10/10/2009 - Card Production Ordered

10/13/2009 - Card Production Ordered (Again?)

10/19/2009 - Green Card Received (Dated 10/13/19)

Timeline

The cook, the thief, his wife and her lover.

Lets just say its a bit odd (with plenty of boobies)

Me Likey!!!!!!

IR5

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

'Offret', 1986, dir: Andrei Tarkovsky

(Spurred by watching 'Yumurta' a few weeks ago.)

Alexander, a troubled academic, commemorates his birthday with a gathering of family and friends at his home. Festivities of typical Tarkovskian portent ensue. Characters interact as if disparate entities in separate dreams. A metaphysical disquisition (an advocacy of the natural/spiritual over the material/empirical) is broadly outlined.

Dusk thereafter dulls the expansive and ornate wood-floored reception room to a thick murk more befitting its inhabitants' brood and quandaries. The monochrome flicker of a faltering television broadcast imparts the news that WW3 has been declared; that the Soviets are at war with America. So is sketched the familiar backdrop of impending nuclear holocaust; of thick, broiling apocalypse, so present and so well captured in so much of his work ('Ivan's Childhood', 'Stalker', 'Andrei Rublev').

A really wonderful film, and gorgeously photographed by Sven Nykvist, Ingmar Bergman's long time collaborator. A point on the ending, however: for a piece mostly consumed in a sort of groggy, meandering, oneiric existentialism, touching on the burdensome limitations of human intellect (a la 'Solaris'), its final climax did feel rather jarringly straight-forward... difficult to say whether this works to its favor or detriment after just one viewing.

Got round to watching this yesterday.

It's a 2007 Turkish film (mistakenly I'd said Iranian) about a man returning briefly to his home town to bury his mother. As with 'Tokyo Story' and 'Still Walking', there's that same backdrop of the generational shift from provincial to cosmopolitan living, and the introspection of returning to places or people you feel you've outgrown.

Most of all though it reminded me quite a bit of the Tarkovsky I've seen (particularly 'Nostalgia'): the idea of "home", a sort of metaphysical championing of the rural and the spiritual, and, stylistically, that same respect for an image, particularly of nature, to be worthwhile in and of itself. Really liked it - apparently the first in a trilogy, too, charting the main character's life in reverse-chronological order.

Transformers: Dark of the Sun: A bombastic but ultimately life-affirming film about the fragility of life and the value of friendship and loyalty in a dangerous and uncertain world. A visual odyssey of digital delights beautifully cinematographed in 3D by Amir M Mokri under the inspired direction of Michael Bay, a visionary director who must surely be the Cecil B DeMille of his generation. Shia LeBouef's third performance as Sam Witwicky proves to be his best and the scenes where he agonises about his own impotence when confronted with events beyond his control his control are harrowingly effective. If LeBouef is the Cary Grant of this film, then Rosie Huntington-Whitely is surely it's Kathryn Hepburn. For an inexperienced actress she is simply sublime and her performance achieves a level of subtlety that manages to convey the entire spectrum of human emotion in her eyes alone, as she learns that sometimes you must give up what you love to serve something greater than yourself.

Ultimately though is a film about the triumph of the human spirit and how people can overcome adversity without losing their essential humanity. I simply cannot recommend it enough!

Transformers!

Extraterrestrial robotic machines fighting in slow motion 3D is super sweet. But, the best part was the underlying message. You can sit back and watch your freedoms get taken away.... or you can fight!

Bump

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

World's Greatest Dad - starring Robin Williams, directed and written by Bobcat Goldthwait >>> Quirky, odd, and some comedic brilliance like the director's early career as a comedian.

The Town - written, directed and starring Ben Affleck >>> It wasn't my choice to watch, but did so out of kindness. I thought the story and the characters were too contrived, too cartoony and too much tough-guy bullsh!t. I just looked on Rotten Tomatoes and it got a 94%, so I guess I'm the odd one out on this one. :lol: