Slimshiesty

how should i package my I-129F pack ?

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I could not locate any info on this though im sure i read it here before.

How should i pack the I-129F packet, Should i pack it in an envelope first, with info on the envelope of whats inside.. then put it into the mailing envelope ?

If there is post or link to this, it would be most appreciated !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Make sure everything gets in the envelope and that the correct address is on the outside.

When your envelope arrives at USCIS it will be disassembled and placed into one of their folders in the order they prefer. No matter what you do, it will look exactly the same as everyone else's a few minutes after being opened.

I suggest paper clips on the relevent documents and a binder clip on the whole thing. Thye do not like if you use staples, but there is no particular penalty for doing so. Clips are better.

ALWAYS send it by some verifiable method. USPS with delivery confirmation is good enough, you do not need the extra cost of the return receipt, just delivery confirmation. ALWAYS use some form of delivery confirmation. ALWAYS make at least one copy of EVERYTHING you ever send to anyone in this process.

Use a personal check for payment, it is easier to find out it has been deposited and you can get your case number off the back of the check. The case number and the delivery confirmation = everything you will learn on the NOA1.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Thanks for the info, i plan on using USPS with confirmation, but i use debit cards only, and never write checks, so i do not have checks... only money order.

On the question itself. I should put it in its own envelope, then the envelope for USPS, or your saying it doesnt matter ?

On the outside of the delivery envelope, i should write..... For K1 Visa, in bold, after the address to Dallas ?

Thanks for the help, im sure you people here on VJ.com, have saved hundreds of people headaches !

Most appreciated !

Filed: Timeline

Thanks for the info, i plan on using USPS with confirmation, but i use debit cards only, and never write checks, so i do not have checks... only money order.

On the question itself. I should put it in its own envelope, then the envelope for USPS, or your saying it doesnt matter ?

On the outside of the delivery envelope, i should write..... For K1 Visa, in bold, after the address to Dallas ?

Thanks for the help, im sure you people here on VJ.com, have saved hundreds of people headaches !

Most appreciated !

They 'appreciate' ACCO fasteners....check this out...http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=ff053d146a7ee010VgnVCM1000000ecd190aRCRD&vgnextchannel=fe529c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I could not locate any info on this though im sure i read it here before.

How should i pack the I-129F packet, Should i pack it in an envelope first, with info on the envelope of whats inside.. then put it into the mailing envelope ?

If there is post or link to this, it would be most appreciated !

U can pack your I-129F in a brown envelope they will give you another envelope at the Post Office either you mail it via Mail Express or the other way around. You can pick this extra mailing envelope also at the post office ahead of time. I use Acco fasterner to hold all the papers. I picked up mine ahead of time and I wanted mailed via Mail Express, will they give me another mailing envelope at the post office so much for being prepared.........I thought i was doing good..:)

Timeline

This is how i have it set up now... just need to put it in and envelope.

Sorry, trying to post a pic, but having tech difficulties.

Edited by Slimshiesty

Timeline

I clipped pieces together, and then put a clip on the whole package... all on top.

if they are going to tear it all apart, i guess it doesnt really matter if its tabbed.

I just hope the clips are fine, they will probably just take em off and throw them away anyway.

It shipped this afternoon !!!! yay !!!

Edited by Slimshiesty

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.