Peikko

When is it right to avail oneself of the 2nd amendment?

637 posts in this topic

Did you just type that?

Why are you trying to justify something that IS with your opinion? Does your opinion (or mine, for that matter) have anything at all to do with what is and what isn't?

You've never given me the opportunity to express how freedom is better in the US than the UK because each time you've asked you've hamstrung me with how you phrase the question. "That's not gun-related" or something to that effect.

Since you've opened the floodgates I'll respond. I can gather with a group of my friends, family and neighbors and participate in a time-honored part of American heritage whenever I feel like it. I don't have to petition the government to do so, I don't have to ask their permission and I darn sure don't have to check my weapons back in when I'm done.

Additionally, I don't have to tolerate an invader - in my country or my home - because I'm at a disadvantage. I'm legally armed to deal with either situation should they arise. You, on the other hand, are at the mercy of whomever wishes to place you at a disadvantage - be that a foreign invader or one that's elected.

How is that a crime?

Are those the same ones that were bought through "straw man" purchases at gun shows and then smuggled across the borders?

Did your boy George Harrison do all that too? Man, he must've been really, really, REALLY good. What, with time travel and all.

There you have it. Really, the only freedom you value is one that revolves around the ability to possess a gun? Yet, as you have been informed, people in the UK have that self same freedom and no second amendment. Curiouser and curiouser.

Yeah I pretty much agree.

A little honesty. Very refreshing.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

the only freedom you value is one that revolves around the ability to possess a gun? Yet, as you have been informed, people in the UK have that self same freedom and no second amendment.

If you think you truly possess freedom without having the means to defend it you're the one living in a fantasy world.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

If you think you truly possess freedom without having the means to defend it you're the one living in a fantasy world.

There are 400 million people in the European Community who have democracy and freedom of speech and yes they change governments without war

The US believes this only happens in the US and marvels at their good fortune in these matters daily

The Europeans feel comparatively safe and do not have guns

I think that disproves the guns for safety thing

I once got off a monorail at 5 flags in Atlanta and wished I had a flame thrower at least - but apart from that I have never needed a gun in the US because I don't go places where I would need one

If anyone wants my wallet they can have it - I am not going to start a kill-fest over a few cards I can cancel and

$100 cash

The macho guys hate that affront to their 'manhood' but that is because they are illogical and insecure

I got a carry permit because everyone else has one round here and I carried my gun in the woods in case of mountain lions. I don't carry the stupid thing now and I am a cat whisperer anyway.

moresheep400100.jpg

You really do live in fear don't you....

Not at all. I have guns.

There are 400 million people in the European Community who have democracy and freedom of speech and yes they change governments without war

Are you seriously going to use the "safety" of Europe as your example? Weren't you the same dude talking about your dad and grandpa and every other dude from that country fighting in wars?

The US believes this only happens in the US and marvels at their good fortune in these matters daily

So it's simply "good fortune" and not hard work?

The Europeans feel comparatively safe and do not have guns

They usually are pretty safe.... for a generation or two. Then someone with guns comes in and rapes, loots, and generally has their way with them.

I think that disproves the guns for safety thing

Great job!

I have never needed a gun in the US because I don't go places where I would need one

Yeah, the Safeway in Tucson is typically a pretty safe place. Nobody's ever needed a gun there before.

If anyone wants my wallet they can have it - I am not going to start a kill-fest over a few cards I can cancel and $100 cash

What if they want your bunghole? Gonna just give that up too? Or, since you're so secure in your manhood, your wife's bunghole? How about your daughter's?

I got a carry permit because everyone else has one round here and I carried my gun in the woods in case of mountain lions. I don't carry the stupid thing now and I am a cat whisperer anyway.

Is that also why you vote Democrat? Because everyone else is doing it?

The mountain lions analogy is perfect. You're so, so, soooooooo unlikely to be attacked by a mountain lion yet that's a good enough reason to carry but you're unwilling to concede that man could cause you danger enough to warrant carrying a pistol. Even you ought to be able to see why that's a losing argument.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

+1 for using word bunghole in an argument.

but -1 for not mentioning cornholio.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

Not at all. I have guns.

Are you seriously going to use the "safety" of Europe as your example? Weren't you the same dude talking about your dad and grandpa and every other dude from that country fighting in wars?

So it's simply "good fortune" and not hard work?

They usually are pretty safe.... for a generation or two. Then someone with guns comes in and rapes, loots, and generally has their way with them.

Great job!

Yeah, the Safeway in Tucson is typically a pretty safe place. Nobody's ever needed a gun there before.

What if they want your bunghole? Gonna just give that up too? Or, since you're so secure in your manhood, your wife's bunghole? How about your daughter's?

Is that also why you vote Democrat? Because everyone else is doing it?

The mountain lions analogy is perfect. You're so, so, soooooooo unlikely to be attacked by a mountain lion yet that's a good enough reason to carry but you're unwilling to concede that man could cause you danger enough to warrant carrying a pistol. Even you ought to be able to see why that's a losing argument.

American men are so scared of being raped - it's that Puritan thing again. AAArrgghhh nipples ! Janet Jackson's nipple ! Being killed is worse, so getting into a gun fight over the billion to one chance of meeting boy george isn't worth it. My wife and daughter and mother and every female I personally know has lasted for a combined age of several thousand years without being raped - and they aren't all ugly - all done without a gun. How many females do you know that have been raped at gunpoint ? How many females in your extended family and friends have been rescued from rape by a gun ? They say its very hard to rape somebody while holding a gun - harder than running with your pants down. Nope it's just a fantasy with far more chance of being killed by a driver with a cell phone.

As for Tuscon, the guy who grabbed the gun was told to put it down in case the Police shot him - now THERE is a real danger unless you have a 'good guy' T shirt and a white cowboy hat which everyone knows makes you a goody.

How are Europeans going to be safer from the Russians/Chinese etc if they all had guns ? Its a nuclear world now and a 9mm won't hack it.

I vote left because it's the only moral thing to do. Hate, selfishness, no pensions, no health care, no unemployment pay, guns solve everything and Sarah for leader of the first world with her painted fingernails on the nuclear button and FEAR of being raped and robbed is the RIGHT wing.

I don't know how right wingers live with themselves because it's a shameful and selfish and violent and war mongering way to be.

moresheep400100.jpg

Filed: Timeline

How are Europeans going to be safer from the Russians/Chinese etc if they all had guns ? Its a nuclear world now and a 9mm won't hack it.

Depends. If the ChiComs wish to occupy Europe, an armed populace would make it much more challenging to do so. Evidence of this lies in Iraq, where a conventionally superior force (the U.S.) was forced to take major damage and withdraw from urban areas due to a population that was armed to the teeth with nothing but small arms.

Of course, if the ChiComs wish to nuke Europe and forget about it, you're absolutely right.

Timeline

Whats a Chicom - sounds like a Latino Chinese Communist boy

I can spell communist without having to shorten it.

moresheep400100.jpg

Timeline

Yes granddad was killed - his gun was no use to him or his widow or 5 small children. The government was RIGHT WING and didn't like hangers-on and so they almost starved and she took in dirty washing from the village and worked 24/7 with her 5 kids. The roaring 20's were on and the rich right wingers were partying it up.

My dad's health was broken after the jungles of Burma

Him and the armies could not wait to get home to vote.

There was a landslide victory which threw out that RIGHT WING war monger Churchill. The Brits were sick of the wars and violence and sick of him. The LEFT WING government gave the people inside toilets and dry houses and free health care and unemployment pay and pensions

They found that much more use than the ability to carry a gun in a pub and talk tough.

The Americans make the opposite choice and suffer the consequences.

moresheep400100.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

The LEFT WING government gave the people inside toilets and dry houses and free health care and unemployment pay and pensions

They found that much more use than the ability to carry a gun in a pub and talk tough.

The Americans make the opposite choice and suffer the consequences.

:(