Welome Guest!

Registered members can access many other great features such as finding other local VJ members from their country!


US Immigration from Hong Kong

Showing Hong Kong Topics from Forum:

Pages: 1 2 3 Last  (Viewing page 1 of 87 ) - topics in the last 5 years
DS 160 using old passport
4:46 am


Read 181 Times
9 Replies

Good day VJ ers. I just wanna only ask to those who know if i can send back to the embassy my Readiness Form and DS160 using my old passport number? I just recently renewed my passport and it is set to be released this November 28.

Thank you for your prompt response.

View Topic

Social Security number in California
7:15 am


Read 109 Times
4 Replies

Does anyone know how long the social security number take?

Do you get your SSN in the office immediately? or have to wait for the SSN card?

Thank you

View Topic

Do I need to file my paycheck?
4:39 pm


Read 202 Times
2 Replies

I plan to file my N-400 based on the 3-year rule one and a half weeks from now. Since my AoS was approved on Dec 16, 2015, the IRS transcript for that year has zero income whatsoever, while my 2016 and 2017 tax filings has adequate income (above Affidavit of Support levels), and it is still the case now.

Is the zero income in 2015 really a problem? And should I file my current-month paycheck, which includes my year-to-date tax deductions?

View Topic

Received Green Card but no Social Security Card?
7:47 pm


Read 288 Times
7 Replies

I just received my conditional green card in the mail.

However, I don't see any social security card come with it.

I did apply for EAD and AP but the interview are done before they arrived so now I just have the Green card.

Do i need to contact social security office separately to apply for SSN?

View Topic

should I change my address?
1:42 am


Read 251 Times
5 Replies

Hi all,

My green card is expiring on 9/14/2018. I filed I-751 in June. I received I-797 in June and did my biometrics in July.

My husband and I are ready to move out from parents home(address we put for I-751 physical and mailing address) in September to our new place. But I can still get mails from parents since they are still living there.

Q1) Do I have to change my address AR-11 online?

Q2) Do I have to update my state ID with new extension date, ID said "Temp Visitor expires 9/13/2018" but ID expires in 2019 and do I have to change state ID address?


View Topic

Pages: 1 2 3 Last  (Viewing page 1 of 87 ) - topics in the last 5 years

Recent Visa Approvals

S & K
K1 Visa
L & K
K1 Visa
Daniel lee Esterline & Elisa M Agata
K1 Visa
henry dawkins & mary jane batidor
K1 Visa
Harv & Elle
K1 Visa

Upcoming Interviews

Newest Hong Kong Members

Ruth Etcuban
( view all )

Top Posting Members

#1 Scott & Lai
#2 Lucy&Jason
#3 mcdull
#4 Holt
#5 Nattie_Bry
#6 WrightFamily
#7 PollyC
#8 yuenashleysl
#9 ViVi and JimJim
#10 wong_watkins