• No

52 posts in this topic

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

Fuzzness,

Unfortunately quite a few people using this site to go through the family immigration process are also going through a divorce, and they have questions and need information the relevant to their situation just as those who are not going through a divorce do.

And they're asking their questions and they're being given answers, just as those who are not going through a divorce are.

So they're here and they're participating - whether there's a forum that caters to their needs or not.

So what else do you have for a reason? Or do you propose that we change the TOS to exclude them?

Yodrak

this is a site for people going through the family immigration process.... not a divorce. so, no.
Edited by Yodrak

Filed: Country: Netherlands
Timeline

..I agree with Yodrak.

Edited by tmma

Liefde is een bloem zo teer dat hij knakt bij de minste aanraking en zo sterk dat niets zijn groei in de weg staat

event.png

IK HOU VAN JOU, MARK

.png

Take a large, almost round, rotating sphere about 8000 miles in diameter, surround it with a murky, viscous atmosphere of gases mixed with water vapor, tilt its axis so it wobbles back and forth with respect to a source of heat and light, freeze it at both ends and roast it in the middle, cover most of its surface with liquid that constantly feeds vapor into the atmosphere as the sphere tosses billions of gallons up and down to the rhythmic pulling of a captive satellite and the sun. Then try to predict the conditions of that atmosphere over a small area within a 5 mile radius for a period of one to five days in advance!

---

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Considering that there is a higher than average 'failure' rate for immigrant marriages - I say go for it.

Although prepare to attract the divorce lawyer 'netarios' - I wonder how long it will take before UPL scaremongering crops up again :blink:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I agree with Yodrak too. Sadly some people going through immigration are also going through divorce and I think it's really fair to have a forum about that. We have a forum for everything here, which makes VJ the best one there is. Why not help more people opening an specific divorce (immigration related) forum?

OUR COMPLETE TIMELINE

Latest steps:

10/26/2006- Consulate receives case (seriously, one month to receive the case?? BS!), and packet 3 that I sent even before they had received the case.

01/02/2007- Interview!!!!!!!!!!!!! Got a 221(g)

01/23/2007- Second Interview. VISA granted!!!

01/29/2007- VISA arrived.... no envelope though. I'm gonna contact them and see what happened this time!

01/31/2007- I'll have to send them one last financial support evidence.

02/01/2007- Evidence sent

02/02/2007- Evidence received by Consulate

02/06/2007- Consulate sends envelope!

02/07/2007- Envelope received!!!

02/10/2007- Flew to the USA!!!!!!

04/17/2007- Wedding day!!!

--- Wish us luck!!! ---

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Visa Journey is a site for family immigration. I vote no. :no:

How many trolls we've had saying they're going through divorce, or wives/husbands that come here whine after a fight with their spouse saying they're getting divorced, or they're canceling their visa petition or stopping the process and then they make up and come back and say ''oh it was just a misunderstanding everything is ok with us now''? Don't we have OT for this? Don't people always mock these people and hijack their threads for their own amusement? Are VJ memeber really going to start to respect those people if a Divorce forum is created?

I'm sure there are lots of forums specific for divorce, sites for it, and, most important: lawyers.

If people are really going through divorce, if the fiance(e) ran away, go seek legal advice, not post in a forum for strange people give you advice just because you're hurt and need to vent or you need sympathy. Don't these people have friends in real life they can talk to? Maybe a therapist? Maybe a priest?

I understand what yodrak suggested but still I believe this is a forum that supports USC bringing their family to the U.S.

Just my humble opinion :thumbs:

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I voted yes. The immigration process adds a unique dimension to the otherwise ordinary divorce proceedings, and is unfortunately the part of some people's visa journey.

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

... and a scam forum

... and a fraud forum

05/16/2005 I-129F Sent

05/28/2005 I-129F NOA1

06/21/2005 I-129F NOA2

07/18/2005 Consulate Received package from NVC

11/09/2005 Medical

11/16/2005 Interview APPROVED

12/05/2005 Visa received

12/07/2005 POE Minneapolis

12/17/2005 Wedding

12/20/2005 Applied for SSN

01/14/2005 SSN received in the mail

02/03/2006 AOS sent (Did not apply for EAD or AP)

02/09/2006 NOA

02/16/2006 Case status Online

05/01/2006 Biometrics Appt.

07/12/2006 AOS Interview APPROVED

07/24/2006 GC arrived

05/02/2007 Driver's License - Passed Road Test!

05/27/2008 Lifting of Conditions sent (TSC > VSC)

06/03/2008 Check Cleared

07/08/2008 INFOPASS (I-551 stamp)

07/08/2008 Driver's License renewed

04/20/2009 Lifting of Conditions approved

04/28/2009 Card received in the mail

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

I dont think it is appropriate to add a divorce forum. Visajourney is a families orientated website. If a divorce forum is adding in the long term there should be strict guidelines. We dont want to attract the wrong sort of immigrant or should i say scammer who will do anything to move to the united states.

I-751 - Removal of conditions

10-20-2008 - Sent package via usps - overnite mail

10-22-2008 - Package received and signed.

10-28-2008 - Cheque cashed

12-02-2008 - Biometrics in Boston

10-03-2009 - Transferred to CSV

10-04-2009 - 10 year GC on the way

I dont think it is appropriate to add a divorce forum. Visajourney is a families orientated website. If a divorce forum is adding in the long term there should be strict guidelines. We dont want to attract the wrong sort of immigrant or should i say scammer who will do anything to move to the united states.

A divorce forum will do exactly that.

A divorce forum on VJ will tell the world that not only will VJ support you while you stage a relationship and get your visa, VJ will continue to support you when you're done with the USC and wish to exit the relationship a happy LPR.

I voted no, for that reason. A divorce forum sends the wrong message.

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: South Korea
Timeline

I say yes--with restrictions. On another site I visit they require 100 posts for certain forums so they can more easily keep out posters who will make rude comments. Maybe that would be an idea for the divorce/considering divorce forum since it could end up being a volatile topic for some. I say this only because some of the reply posts I've seen where people are having trouble in their relationships seem to be completely unhelpful and sometimes people try to troll by starting threads with this topic too and you can't tell if they are for real.

Edited by KJandSH

Kristi and Seung-ho (U.S. / S. Korea)

.png

.png

I agree that the restrictions for it (perhaps of the sort that KJandSH mentioned) are appropriate.

And I'm sorry, but I don't see how divorce is not a family related issue, esp. if the divorcing couple has children. *shrug*

SA4userbar.jpg

nessaandcharles and galwayman,

Just to be clear, I (and the VJer who made the same suggestion a year earlier than I did) am not suggesting a divorce forum. I'm suggesting an immigration forum for people who are going through marriage-based immigration process when divorce has become a factor.

The idea is not to discuss divorce issues, it's to discuss the immigration issues that divorce creates and also to get those issues out of the other forums. Better that way for the people who do not want to be reading about the divorce-related issues (and the trolls and hijackers the issues may attract) as well as for the people who need help with those issues.

Yodrak

Visa Journey is a site for family immigration. I vote no.

How many trolls we've had saying they're going through divorce, or wives/husbands that come here whine after a fight with their spouse saying they're getting divorced, or they're canceling their visa petition or stopping the process and then they make up and come back and say ''oh it was just a misunderstanding everything is ok with us now''? Don't we have OT for this? Don't people always mock these people and hijack their threads for their own amusement? Are VJ memeber really going to start to respect those people if a Divorce forum is created?

I'm sure there are lots of forums specific for divorce, sites for it, and, most important: lawyers.

If people are really going through divorce, if the fiance(e) ran away, go seek legal advice, not post in a forum for strange people give you advice just because you're hurt and need to vent or you need sympathy. Don't these people have friends in real life they can talk to? Maybe a therapist? Maybe a priest?

I understand what yodrak suggested but still I believe this is a forum that supports USC bringing their family to the U.S.

Just my humble opinion :thumbs:

Edited by Yodrak