hayader

how long from USCIS -> NVC (I-130)?

45 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sudan
Timeline

I learned from USCIS that my I-130 petition was approved on may/01/2009. However, NVC has not yet received my case. When I called them, they said they haven't received my case. It has been almost 50 days. According to other individual that I saw in other websites, it is taking 10/15 days. I am very frasterated and don't know what to do. I have called USCIS office and was told that even if NVC receives my case, they don't assign it a case number (so not in the system) right away. What do I have to do? help-please

USCIS TIMELINE

MAR. 25, 2008....I-130 . @ CSC

MAY. 16, 2008.....I-129F. @ CSC

APR. 25,2009......I-129F, APPROVED

MAY.01,2009.......I-130, APPROVED

NVC TIMELINE :bonk:

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

It's only been 12 days since May 1st, not 50. Do you have your dates right?

Pandora and Hesam

K-3 Visa

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

Marriage : 2008-08-29 in Canada

I-130 Sent : 2008-10-14

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-10-20

I-130F NOA2 : 2009-05-04

I-129F Sent : 2008-11-25

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-11-28

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-05-04

NVC Received : 2009-05-12

Packet 3 Received : 2009-05-19

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-06-10

Interview: 2009-09-10 APPROVED

See my interview experience here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...=217544&hl=

Visa Received : 2009-09-16

US Entry : 2009-09-27

EAD received: 2009-12-21

AOS interview: 2010-02-05 (medical exam missing from documents)

Recieved RFE for missing medical exam that they lost. Submitted new exam March 10, 2010.

Notified that he is in background checks after submitting three service requests: July, 2010

Timeline
It's only been 12 days since May 1st, not 50. Do you have your dates right?

Some people are lucky to get the approval so fast but for sure I am not one of them

After all thanks God is over with USCIS and now I have to deal with NVC

Timeline

When my I-129F and I-130 was approved, I kept calling the NVC auto system and hearing no case number. Then I talked to an actual person there and they confirmed is not in the system yet , They said it would take 6-8 weeks and it my take up to 90 days

Timeline
You should get it any day now..

Patience is key in this process.

thank you my brother what is really freaking me out I do see must people they get there case transfer to NVC with in 2 days-10 days that why I am nerves.

:help::help:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

This has been happening more often lately. It will get there, just keep checking. Unfortunatly, they(NVC) will keep saying 6-8 weeks until it arrives, but it never takes that long.

It's only been 12 days... dont start freaking out just yet :)

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Timeline
This has been happening more often lately. It will get there, just keep checking. Unfortunatly, they(NVC) will keep saying 6-8 weeks until it arrives, but it never takes that long.

Thank you...Y's_habibitk yes is twelve day is same like 12 month. By the way is more then one year for me just to get approved from USCIS look at my time line above :bonk::no:

Timeline
Ours was there in 8 days but I have heard of many taking much much longer. Hang in there hopefully yours will get loaded soon!!

thank you .. Betsy El Sum

I guess I just have to wit but I never her of any one in VJ taking that long must case go to NVC with in one week why I am different?? Alhammd Allah for every thing :yes:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Thank you...Y's_habibitk yes is twelve day is same like 12 month. By the way is more then one year for me just to get approved from USCIS look at my time line above :bonk::no:

I understand that every day seems like an eternity during this process sometimes. Especially for those that have already waited longer than the norm and it seems like everything that can go wrong has... We waited almost 9 months for an approval only to be pulled for random AP at NVC for 52 days. Believe me, I can relate. :blush:

Here is an example and you can see that it has been happening to others.

The good news is that it doesnt take the "6-8 weeks" that they quote you when you call the NVC.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=187986

Good Luck and I hope it gets there within the next few days.

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Timeline

I understand that every day seems like an eternity during this process sometimes. Especially for those that have already waited longer than the norm and it seems like everything that can go wrong has... We waited almost 9 months for an approval only to be pulled for random AP at NVC for 52 days. Believe me, I can relate. :blush:

Here is an example and you can see that it has been happening to others.

The good news is that it doesnt take the "6-8 weeks" that they quote you when you call the NVC.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=187986

Good Luck and I hope it gets there within the next few days.

thank you but is Sucks to be waiting for the approval to be sent to NVC. The process you would assume that would happen immediately!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.