3AD

Evidences for K-1

54 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I just submitted my I-129F packet. I enclosed a mound of evidence, including color copies of letters with envelopes/stamps, phone bills, calling card account with call detail, chat logs, screen captures of chat and Skype sessions, emails, text messages. All told I probably had 50 pages of evidence. Now I'm worried -- do you think it will look too "staged" with all of that? Did I go overboard?

Thanks in advance folks.

3AD

02/06/2006 - Sent I-129F to TSC

02/08/2006 - Received by TSC, transferred to CSC

02/15/2006 - NOA1 from CSC

02/17/2006 - check cleared bank

03/21/2006 - Per recommendation of attorney, sent add'l docs to amend I-129F

03/27/2006 - Per recommendation of attorney, sent same add'l docs via certified mail (in case first got lost)

05/02/2006 - NOA2 from CSC (via email notification)

07/22/2006 - Packet 3 received

08/12/2006 - Packet 3 sent

10/03/2006 - Packet 4 received

10/26/2006 - Interview at Embassy, 221g (blue slip): advised how to file for citizenship of child (??)

11/29/2006 - Pink slip received after attorney met with immigration chief

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did the same thing and it didn't cause any problems. I submitted lots of "unessential" evidence just to show the validity of our relationship, such as chat transcripts, e-mails, screenshots.

Our petition was promptly approved so I feel that the extra evidence didn't hurt us in any way. I think the key is to be organized so that the important forms and essential evidence of meeting in person is on top and separated from the other, less important items.

In hindsight I think I might've gone overboard and probably could've saved much of that "unessential" evidence for my fiance's interview. On the other hand, we felt more confident going into the interview phase knowing that the interviewer would have already seen the mountain of evidence we submitted with the original petition.

JOURNEY HIGHLIGHTS

04/23/05: Sent fiance petition (I-129F) to VSC

10/26/05: K-1 visa in hand

02/17/06: Flight to U.S. - POE Anchorage

03/01/06: We got married!!

03/04/06: Applied for Adjustment of Status

07/31/06: Received 2-Year Green Card in the mail

04/08/08: Sent application for Removal of Conditions to VSC

03/20/09: Received 10-year Green Card in the mail

04/11/09: Mailed N-400 application to Lewisville, TX Lockbox

08/18/09: Citizenship interview in Garden City, NY

08/27/09: Sworn in as a U.S. Citizen in Brooklyn Court House

08/29/09: Applied for U.S. Passport (routine service)

09/25/09: Received U.S. Passport in the mail

* Our Journey is Complete ! *

I just submitted my I-129F packet. I enclosed a mound of evidence, including color copies of letters with envelopes/stamps, phone bills, calling card account with call detail, chat logs, screen captures of chat and Skype sessions, emails, text messages. All told I probably had 50 pages of evidence. Now I'm worried -- do you think it will look too "staged" with all of that? Did I go overboard?

Thanks in advance folks.

3AD

Hey, what you did, is what you did. Why fret over it now? Having said that it is my opinion that it's never a good idea to submit more than what's asked for.

There have been instances of people here in these forums being much delayed in the process due to questions raised by superfluous information that they themselves submitted.

Be assured that if you submit "evidence" to be evaluated that it may indeed be "evaluated" and may very well work against you.

Make no mistake; this process is adversarial !

miss_me_yet.jpg

Filed: Timeline

3AD,

You just have to hope that the material that was essential to the petition does not get lost among all the material that was not essential.

And that there was nothing in the non-essential material that will be disadvantageous to your case. How carefully did you review it all before deciding which items to include?

Yodrak

Thanks in advance folks.

3AD

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I was under the impression that when you submit an I-129F, all you need is to prove you have met in person within the past 2 years. Evidence of an ongoing relationship must be provided (if asked for) at a later point. Am I right?

July 7, 2004 - Met Aimee in a chatroom

Dec. 25, 2005 - Went to Phils to meet her the first time

January 7, 2006 - Mailed I-129F to Nebraska Service Center.

January 27, 2006 - Received NOA1.

April 18, 2006 @1859 cst - NOA2 - APPROVED!

July 15, 2006 - Packet 4 received

September1, 2006 - Medical

September 8, 2006 - Interview - APPROVED!

October 15, 2006 - Arrived in USA

November 4, 2006 --- WEDDING!!!

April 20, 2007 - Mailed AOS

May 18, 2007 - Biometrics

July 26, 2007---GREEN CARD!(no interview)

April 13, 2009 - Mailed I-751 for Removal of Conditions

May 5, 2009 - NOA (extension approved)

May 18, 2009 - Biometrics appointment arrived today-scheduled for May 29, 2009

August 13, 2009 - Approval for removal of conditions (originally delayed due to RFE)

August 20, 2009 - 10 year green card arrived in mail

June 9, 2010</ - Treygan Isaiah is born

June, 21, 2010 - My adoption of Nathan is finalized

No lawyers and no problems

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hi 3AD,

I did the same thing and more; a complete copies of my passport (which has triple the pages of most people because I travel internationally for work), over 30 pictures and a lot of everything. I got approved no problem! :thumbs:

Regards,

Peter Miami

Johanna & Peter

Colombia / U.S.A.

I-129F / K-1 Fiancee Visa

08-20-02 - Met Johanna in Armenia, Colombia

10-05-05 - K-1 Sent to TSC

10-14-05 - Received NOA1 by E-Mail (Day 9)

12-22-05 - Reveived NOA2 By E-Mail & Mail (Day 78)

03-03-06 - Interview Date! (Day 149) Approved

03-10-06 - Johanna Arrived

05-27-06 - Married

I-485 / AOS (Did not applied for EAD or AP)

06-05-06 - Sent I-485 application to Chicago via USPS (Day 1)

06-06-06 - AOS Package Delivered at 12:29PM

06-12-06 - Received NOA1 by Mail

06-14-06 - Check Cashed

06-22-06 - Received Appointment Notice for Biometrics

06-26-06 - "Request for Additional Evidence" Online, waiting for letter

06-29-06 - Biometrics Done!

06-30-06 - Received RFE Letter by mail. (Missing Birth Certificate)

07-10-06 - Sent RFE by Express Mail USPS

07-11-06 - RFE Delivered @ 10:54AM Sign by D. Atwell

08-28-06 - AOS Transferred to CSC E-mail & USCIS Website (Day 85)

08-30-06 - Touched #1

08-31-06 - Touched #2

08-31-06 - E-Mail from CRIS & USCIS-CSSO - CSC received AOS Application

09-01-06 - Touched #3

09-01-06 - NOA by Mail Regarding Transfer to CSC

09-05-06 - Touched #4

09-07-06 - Touched #5

09-13-06 - Touched #6

09-15-06 - AOS Approved by Online Status & E-mail

09-21-06 - Received GC and Welcome Letter (Day 109)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I submitted way more than required as well and we were approved quickly as you can see from our timeline. I included stuff like an appraisal of my ring, documents signed my our priest that we went through engaged counseling, six photos of us, letters to each other, all sorts of stuff.

I had everything VERY organized. All the required documents clipped together, all the relationship stuff clipped together, everything was color coded and had cover pages to say what was included in each section, and then all the sections held together with one big clip. He will take one of the copies with him to his interview, along with all the originals used to create the original petition packet.

Good luck to you!!! It's such a great feeling when they finally approved that petition!!

~Liza

10 Year Green Card Holder Since July 2009 --- Thank you Visa Journey!!! :-)

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
I was under the impression that when you submit an I-129F, all you need is to prove you have met in person within the past 2 years. Evidence of an ongoing relationship must be provided (if asked for) at a later point. Am I right?

You are correct in theory... however not quite so correct in practice. While only submitting evidence that one has physically met in the past 2 years is the minimum standard, providing additional evidence on the genuine nature of the relationship can help one in the consulate phase of the process. A Consular Officer can only return a petition if they believe that there is additional evidence that would cause the USCIS to deny the petition. If one provides adequate evidence of a valid relationship, it makes it more difficult for the Consular Officer to send back a case to the USCIS on these grounds. If someone is going through a high fraud consulate, it may be prudent to submit additional evidence on the validity of the relationship. However, as Yodrak had mentioned, it is important to thoroughly review the evidence to make sure that what you may believe demonstrates the validity of a relationship may be viewed by a USCIS adjudicator as something entirely different.

Edited by zyggy

Knowledge itself is power - Sir Francis Bacon

I have gone fishing... you can find me by going here http://**removed due to TOS**

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

I sent proof of our "on-going relationship" which in hindsight was NOT necesary. I sent copies of boarding passes, a copy of passport(to show all visits-when boarding passes were not available) hotel & car rental receipts & a few pages of phone bills. I just didn't want an rfe.

Now I wonder if that is what's holding up our petition? I think my packet was about 30 pages

Edited by irishgirl73

Ni neart go cur le cheile

"Togetherness is Strength"

we submitted what our attorney advised us which was

10-15 emails

3-5 pics with dates

about seven itenaries

one phone bill

letter of intent giving a potted history of our relationship - 1 side each

that was it!

good luck ! but now you are on vj all u need is here.

AOS/EAD/AP Filed:2006-09-23
AP Approved:2006-10-30
EAD Approved!:2006-11-02
AOS Approved!:2007-02-12

Remove Conditions filed:2008-11-13
Green Card Received:2009-01-30

N400 Filed:2013-01-25 (Phoenix)
Biometrics:2013-02-25 (Grand Rapids)
Interview:2013-05-07(Detroit)

Oath Ceremony:2013-05-24(Marquette)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Forgot to mention..........4 photos & the g-325a & letters of intent :D

Edited by irishgirl73

Ni neart go cur le cheile

"Togetherness is Strength"

You are correct in theory... however not quite so correct in practice. While only submitting evidence that one has physically met in the past 2 years is the minimum standard, providing additional evidence on the genuine nature of the relationship can help one in the consulate phase of the process. A Consular Officer can only return a petition if they believe that there is additional evidence that would cause the USCIS to deny the petition. If one provides adequate evidence of a valid relationship, it makes it more difficult for the Consular Officer to send back a case to the USCIS on these grounds. If someone is going through a high fraud consulate, it may be prudent to submit additional evidence on the validity of the relationship. However, as Yodrak had mentioned, it is important to thoroughly review the evidence to make sure that what you may believe demonstrates the validity of a relationship may be viewed by a USCIS adjudicator as something entirely different.

ziggy-

At the submittal stage the USCIS does not evaluate relationship evidence. The instructions accompanying the I-129F are clear enough and without ambiguity describing what's necessary on your part to meet the burden of proof and subsequently gain approval.

There's no reason to believe that submitting superfluous information at this point will help or hinder you at the Consulate interview. However, there have been instances whereby unsolicited information that was submitted by an applicant has resulted in the unwanted effect of generating questions and casting suspicions.

I know of two such instances reported in these forums.

There's nothing wrong with simply following the instructions and submitting what's asked for; no more, no less.

If relationship evidence was necessary, or evaluated at this stage then the instructions would ask for it.

The USCIS does evaluate relationship evidence at the AOS stage but this doesn't relate to the topic at hand.

miss_me_yet.jpg

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

ziggy-

At the submittal stage the USCIS does not evaluate relationship evidence. The instructions accompanying the I-129F are clear enough and without ambiguity describing what's necessary on your part to meet the burden of proof and subsequently gain approval.

There's no reason to believe that submitting superfluous information at this point will help or hinder you at the Consulate interview. However, there have been instances whereby unsolicited information that was submitted by an applicant has resulted in the unwanted effect of generating questions and casting suspicions.

I know of two such instances reported in these forums.

There's nothing wrong with simply following the instructions and submitting what's asked for; no more, no less.

If relationship evidence was necessary, or evaluated at this stage then the instructions would ask for it.

The USCIS does evaluate relationship evidence at the AOS stage but this doesn't relate to the topic at hand.

Actually they do.. they are required to review everything that was submitted with the petition. The reason that providing additional evidence of the validity of the relationship is due to the reasons that I have stated above. Whether or not one wishes to provide this additional evidence and just submit a bare bone petition is up to the petitioner. However, Iif I knew I was going thrugh a high fraud consulate, I would take steps to do anything that could prevent a consular officer from sending a petition back to the USCIS.

Knowledge itself is power - Sir Francis Bacon

I have gone fishing... you can find me by going here http://**removed due to TOS**

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.