36 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

This seems too good to be true...

I received my NOA1 just on 5/26/09, and today I already received the NOA2, dated 6/17/09! It says that it's an Approval Notice, has the validity of four months, and even has the A number on it like the sample NOA2 I've seen here on the website. The only thing that looks different is that in the text of the letter, it doesn't say it's been sent to the NVC, it says it's been sent to "the listed consulate." I am nervous to start rejoicing just yet because this seems to have gone through so quickly, and I'm wondering if this difference in text is some kind of indicator or something having gone wrong? Thank you so much for any help!

May 12, 2009 - officially engaged

May 20, 2009 - I-129F package sent

May 26, 2009 - NOA1

June 17, 2009 - NOA2: Approval!

November 10, 2009 - Interview: missing police certificate

November 17, 2009 - Police certificate sent to consulate

November 23, 2009 - Requested documents arrived at Embassy

December 24, 2009 - Approval!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I received my NOA1 just on 5/26/09, and today I already received the NOA2, dated 6/17/09! It says that it's an Approval Notice, has the validity of four months, and even has the A number on it like the sample NOA2 I've seen here on the website. The only thing that looks different is that in the text of the letter, it doesn't say it's been sent to the NVC, it says it's been sent to "the listed consulate." I am nervous to start rejoicing just yet because this seems to have gone through so quickly, and I'm wondering if this difference in text is some kind of indicator or something having gone wrong? Thank you so much for any help!

Rejoice. That's it. Doesn't matter the wording about the consulate, ALL approved petitions go through NVC. Consider them the state department mail room.

Wow, less than 30 days.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline
That is curious indeed - almost hard to believe. Do the receipt numbers (and name) match your NOA1?

The receipt numbers do match.

Strangely, the USCIS e-mail notification didn't come through, and when I check my case status online, this doesn't appear at all, just the initial NOA does.

May 26, 2009 - NOA1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Interesting indeed....anyhow congrats!

Blessed are the heart that can bend, they can never be broken - Albert Camus

Any comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished in any way without express written permission from 100% Al Ahly Fan.

Is this from VSC or CSC?

Congrats! But I confess that I secretly am extremely jealous....

England.gif England!

And in this crazy life, and through these crazy times

It's you, it's you, You make me sing.

You're every line, you're every word, you're everything.

b0cb1a39c4.png

ROC Timeline

Sent: 7/21/12

NOA1: 7/23/12

Touch: 7/24/2012

Biometrics: 8/24/2012

Card Production Ordered: 3/6/2013

*Eligible for Naturalization: October 13, 2013*

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

It doesn't matter what it says online or what it says if you call the number. My case was NEVER updated online. I know people whose fiancees are already IN the US and their cases at USCIS still says pending. So don't worry about that!

CONGRATULATIONS! Was this from Vermont or California!!!

N-400 Naturalization Process

June 25, 2013 --Qualified for Citizenship!

October 12, 2017 --Electronically filed

October 13, 2017 --NOA1

October 31, 2017 --Biometrics Appointment -ATL

ROC

April 5, 2012 --Sent I-751 to Vermont Service Center

May 21, 2012 --Biometric Appointment at ATL office

December 12, 2012 --10 year Green Card in hand

DCF Process

October 10, 2009 --Married in São Paulo

January 14, 2010 --Filed I-130 at São Paulo Consulate for DCF

May 17, 2010 --VISA IN HAND!

June 24, 2010 --POE in Atlanta

Timeline
Is this from VSC or CSC?

Congrats! But I confess that I secretly am extremely jealous....

VSC.

And thank you for the congrats, everyone! I hope yours all go through just as fast (though I admit I am still not fully believing this yet)!

May 26, 2009 - NOA1

They don't say on the notice that they are going to NVC, all the notice has on it is the bit about the listed consulate. Now and then one goes through at light speed..congratulations :thumbs:

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Filed: Timeline

Is it an expediate? If not, you are very very lucky! I hope that happens more often!

Timeline

Is it an expediate? If not, you are very very lucky! I hope that happens more often!

Nope, not an expedite, just a normal application! I'm counting my lucky stars for sure, and sending some luck to all of you! :)

May 26, 2009 - NOA1

Filed: Timeline

Nope, not an expedite, just a normal application! I'm counting my lucky stars for sure, and sending some luck to all of you! :)

I am eager to receive some luck from you. All the wait is too much to bear!

Timeline

WOW Congrats!! Luck was on your side!!

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

I-129F Sent : 2008-12-03

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-12-16

CHECK CASHED: 2008-12-18

TOUCHED: 2008-12-23

I-129F RFE(s) : NONE

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-04-06

NVC Left : 2009-04-13

Consulate Received : 2009-04-15

Packet 3 Mailed: 2009-04-17

Packet 3 Received : 2009-04-22

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-04-23

Packet 3 Received in Montreal: 2009-04-27

Medical : 2009-04-27

Packet 4 Received : 2009-06-08

Interview Date : 2009-07-08 Approved!

Visa Received : 2009-07-10

US Entry : 2009-07-16

Marriage : 2009-07-24

Comments : Church Wedding and Celebration on November 14, 2009.

Having civil wedding because need AP for trip to Ireland planned December 2009, couldn't risk not being able to go so civil wedding before the church wedding.

AOS, EAD and AP

CIS Office : Dover DE

Date Filed : 2009-07-29

Check Cashed: 2009-08-07

NOA Date : 2009-08-06

RFE(s) :

Received Bio Appt Notice: 2009-08-20

Bio. Appt. : 2009-08-31

AOS Transfer** : 2009-08-24

Interview Date : NONE

AP/EAD Approved: 2009-09-21

AOS Approved:2009-10-02

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
That is curious indeed - almost hard to believe. Do the receipt numbers (and name) match your NOA1?

The receipt numbers do match.

Strangely, the USCIS e-mail notification didn't come through, and when I check my case status online, this doesn't appear at all, just the initial NOA does.

Not strange at all. My wife has been here 9 months, had a green card for 6 months and we are still listed on the USCIS system as "pending" The online update system is fairly worthless

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Wow! Congrats...I hope I get half as lucky!

K-1 Journey

04/30/2009 - I-129F sent to VSC

03/30/2010 - Interview @ MTL APPROVED!

04/13/2010 - POE @ Pearson International

05/23/2010 - WEDDING

AOS Journey

07/20/2010 - AOS/AP/EAD Sent

07/21/2010 - package received at Chicago

07/28/2010 - check cashed

07/30/2010 - received NOA1 in mail

08/01/2010 - received biometrics letter

08/20/2010 - walk in biometrics completed

08/23/2010 - finally entered into USCIS online -AP's touched on Aug11 and EAD and AOS touched on Aug20 08/30/2010 - AOS/EAD touched

09/09/2010 - AP approved (email notice)

09/13/2010 - Received email that EAD was approved on Sept 10

10/04/2010 - Received interview letter in Mail

11/09/2010 - Interview-APPROVED! 112 days

11/09/2010 - Card Production 11/22/2010 - Green Card received

ROC Journey

08/11/2012 - Eligible to file for ROC10/11/2012 - sent in I-751 (late)10/16/2012 - received NOA 11/20/2012 - biometrics

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.