w¡n9Nµ7 §£@¥€r

Imagine No Religion

165 posts in this topic

If the village = extended family and friends, I'd agree, but not if it = more government programs.

Would it were that everyone had extended family and friends...

K-1

March 7, 2005: I-129F NOA1

September 20, 2005: K-1 Interview in London. Visa received shortly thereafter.

AOS

December 30, 2005: I-485 received by USCIS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Received 10-year green card February 28, 2008

Your Humble Advice Columnist, Joyce

Come check out the most happenin' thread on VJ: Dear Joyce

Click here to see me visiting with my homebodies.

[The grooviest signature you've ever seen is under construction!]

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn´t say religions are bad. I´d say if you wanna believe in this or that feel free to do so. But then don´t be angry at other people if they believe in something else. Be kind, loving and peaceful to everyone. There are good and bad people in every religion as well as people who don´t believe in anything are both good and bad. The problem is people who choose the path of anger they often think that they say their prayers and will be forgiven for everything bad. I believe the base of every religion is to be kind and nice to other people :blush:

I also think religion can bring the best in you if you let it and can be a good guide for kids and young people and a source of gaining some good values.

I really wish people were nicer to each other :)

I hate it when I'm walking from my mailbox to my car and someone azzholes dog insists on running up to me and sniffing me the entire way. If it was legal, I'd ###### kill it. I hate dogs and I hate people who let theirs run loose.

lol..everyone knows in america..dogs hate Indians

And I hate 'em right back. If people want to live among animals, they should leave human areas and go live in the freaking jungle.

:lol::lol: they will cancel your PETA membership over this

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: Timeline
I hate it when I'm walking from my mailbox to my car and someone azzholes dog insists on running up to me and sniffing me the entire way. If it was legal, I'd ###### kill it. I hate dogs and I hate people who let theirs run loose.

lol..everyone knows in america..dogs hate Indians

And I hate 'em right back. If people want to live among animals, they should leave human areas and go live in the freaking jungle.

:lol::lol: they will cancel your PETA membership over this

People Eating Tasty Animals?

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I love eating tasty animals :devil:

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

• 4 months later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Panama
Timeline
ImagineNoReligion.jpg

Are you getting all John Lennon on us now.

I know this is an old post but I just couldn't resist.

May 7,2007-USCIS received I-129f
July 24,2007-NOA1 was received
April 21,2008-K-1 visa denied.
June 3,2008-waiver filed at US Consalate in Panama
The interview went well,they told him it will take another 6 months for them to adjudicate the waiver
March 3,2009-US Consulate claims they have no record of our December visit,nor Manuel's interview
March 27,2009-Manuel returned to the consulate for another interrogation(because they forgot about December's interview),and they were really rude !
April 3,2009-US Counsalate asks for more court documents that no longer exist !
June 1,2009-Manuel and I go back to the US consalate AGAIN to give them a letter from the court in Colon along with documents I already gave them last year.I was surprised to see they had two thick files for his case !

June 15,2010-They called Manuel in to take his fingerprints again,still no decision on his case!
June 22,2010-WAIVER APPROVED at 5:00pm
July 19,2010-VISA IN MANUELITO'S HAND at 3:15pm!
July 25,2010-Manuelito arrives at 9:35pm at Logan Intn'l Airport,Boston,MA
August 5,2010-FINALLY MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!!!
August 23,2010-Filed for AOS at the International Institute of RI $1400!
December 23,2010-Work authorization received.
January 12,2011-RFE

Filed: Timeline
Nothing wrong with religion. It's not the source of the world's problems - it's only an excuse.

Some people would say it's the manifestation of the human brain's weaknesses and a good excuse for people to kill each other.

Take away religion and these things will find some other way to manifest themselves. At least there is also a tremendous amount of good done in the name of religion.

Agreed, Jenn.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Imagine no religion...Kids in poverty, single mother and father family, despair , crime , hopelessnessNo family . love is the computer..yah sounds like a plan AJ!! Still an idoit with education and no good sense!!!. YET I ALWAYS HAVE A FOND SPOT IN HEART FOR YOU!!. onLY ON GET AWAY WITH THIS POST!!! CARRYY ON!!

august 2004 I-129 filed (neb)

DEC 2004 Approved

interview: SEOUL

MArch 21st , 2005AR for special security clearance,washington

May 18th tranfer case from Seoul to Islammabad

June 21st security clearance done

June 28th online at the embassy in Islamabad

waiting for paper transfer and the good word

OCTOBER 14TH 2005 Interview Number 2: ISLAMABAD, PK

AR number 2 sent to DOS per Islamabad (2 cable request)

Nov 22 okd updated financial and etc proof accepted / embassy waiting for security cables

dec 20th one cable back waiting on 2nd

Jan 17th.. good word recieved. SECURITY CHECKS ALL CLEAR!!! DOS says embassy to contact him within two weeks!!!!!!

FEBRUARY 10th, 2006 VISA RECIEVED!!! They called him In via phone, stamped his passort and sent him on his way!!!

FEB 28th WELCOME HOME>>>POE CHICAGO did not even look at xray, few questions. one hour wait at Poe

march 10th marriage (nikkah at the islamic center)

aug 2006 AOS interview, cond 2 yr GC arrived september

June 2008 applied for removal of conditions on permant residency aka awaiting for 10 yr greencard

Dec 2008 10yr green card approved, no interview.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline

On the religion issue, only one question - Why won't God heal amputees?

Does God answer prayers? According to believers, the answer is certainly yes.

Simple experiment

For this experiment, we need to find a deserving person who has had both of his legs amputated. For example, find a sincere, devout veteran of the Iraqi war, or a person who was involved in a tragic automobile accident.

Now create a prayer circle the job of this prayer circle is simple: pray to God to restore the amputated legs of this deserving person. I do not mean to pray for a team of renowned surgeons to somehow graft the legs of a cadaver onto the soldier, nor for a team of renowned scientists to craft mechanical legs for him. Pray that God spontaneously and miraculously restores the soldier's legs overnight.

Possible, get millions of people all over the planet to join the prayer circle and pray their most fervent prayers. Get millions of people praying in unison for a single miracle for this one deserving amputee? Then stand back and watch.

What is going to happen? Jesus clearly says that if you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer. He does not say it once -- he says it many times in many ways in the Bible.

And yet, even with millions of people praying, nothing will happen.

No matter how many people pray. No matter how sincere those people are. No matter how much they believe. No matter how devout and deserving the recipient. Nothing will happen. The legs will not regenerate. Prayer does not restore the severed limbs of amputees. You can electronically search through all the medical journals ever written -- there is no documented case of an amputated leg being restored spontaneously.

And we know that God ignores the prayers of amputees through our own observations of the world around us. If God were answering the prayers of amputees to regenerate their lost limbs, we would be seeing amputated legs growing back every day. Isn't that odd? The situation becomes even more peculiar when you look at who God is. According to the Standard Model of God:

•God is all-powerful. Therefore, God can do anything, and regenerating a leg is trivial.

•God is perfect, and he created the Bible, which is his perfect book. In the Bible, Jesus makes very specific statements about the power of prayer. Since Jesus is God, and God and the Bible are perfect, those statements should be true and accurate.

•God is all-knowing and all-loving. He certainly knows about the plight of the amputee, and he loves this amputee very much.

•God is ready and willing to answer your prayers no matter how big or small. All that you have to do is believe. He says it in multiple places in the Bible. Surely, with millions of people in the prayer circle, at least one of them will believe and the prayer will be answered.

•God has no reason to discriminate against amputees. If he is answering millions of other prayers every day, God should be answering the prayers of amputees too.

Nonetheless, the amputated legs are not going to regenerate.

What are we seeing here? It is not that God sometimes answers the prayers of amputees, and sometimes does not. Instead, in this situation there is a very clear line. God never answers the prayers of amputees. It would appear, to an unbiased observer, which God is singling out amputees and purposefully ignoring them.

If I didn’t have any thoughts like this, I think life would be so peaceful. But I have always wonder why?

A woman is like a tea bag- you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water.

Eleanor Roosevelt

thquitsmoking3.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Ok you sy there is no ALLAH...ie GOD... What proof you have that there isnt. ANd you want to disrespect the being who gives you air ,ater, food and campanionship??? So you all happy being dog kicking cynics??? job and money not making you content, wife and peoples always bitching and wanting more out of you?? Maybe ALLAH is what you need. Allah does not need us. We need him. face it its obvious!!!!

august 2004 I-129 filed (neb)

DEC 2004 Approved

interview: SEOUL

MArch 21st , 2005AR for special security clearance,washington

May 18th tranfer case from Seoul to Islammabad

June 21st security clearance done

June 28th online at the embassy in Islamabad

waiting for paper transfer and the good word

OCTOBER 14TH 2005 Interview Number 2: ISLAMABAD, PK

AR number 2 sent to DOS per Islamabad (2 cable request)

Nov 22 okd updated financial and etc proof accepted / embassy waiting for security cables

dec 20th one cable back waiting on 2nd

Jan 17th.. good word recieved. SECURITY CHECKS ALL CLEAR!!! DOS says embassy to contact him within two weeks!!!!!!

FEBRUARY 10th, 2006 VISA RECIEVED!!! They called him In via phone, stamped his passort and sent him on his way!!!

FEB 28th WELCOME HOME>>>POE CHICAGO did not even look at xray, few questions. one hour wait at Poe

march 10th marriage (nikkah at the islamic center)

aug 2006 AOS interview, cond 2 yr GC arrived september

June 2008 applied for removal of conditions on permant residency aka awaiting for 10 yr greencard

Dec 2008 10yr green card approved, no interview.

Yes lets imagine no religion. imagine no christians in africa digging safe water wells or caring for AIDS patients. Imagine no church's feeding homeless families or giving them shelter. Imagine no church's sending members into the community to help rehab houses for the elderly. Imagine no church going into Cambodia to help with maimed children caused from landmines. Imagine no christians going to Haiti to help feed and house people. Imagine no catholic charity to run orphanages for homeless children. Imagine no church to provide free counsling to the abused. Imagine no ministry to give to the imprisoned. Imagine no christians there to be with the bedridden in hospice. Imagine no churches out in the cold giving warm clothing to the less fortunate. Imagine no Christmas spirit. Imagine no red cross or red cresent. Imagine no religion and those are just a few of the things you will be missing.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Ok you sy there is no ALLAH...ie GOD... What proof you have that there isnt. ANd you want to disrespect the being who gives you air ,ater, food and campanionship??? So you all happy being dog kicking cynics??? job and money not making you content, wife and peoples always bitching and wanting more out of you?? Maybe ALLAH is what you need. Allah does not need us. We need him. face it its obvious!!!!

Not believing in god means I have to start kicking dogs? As an animal lover I find this unpalatable.

But your anger is kind of funny. Why bother trying to make others believe in your god? More room in heaven for you without us. :)

Yes lets imagine no religion. imagine no christians in africa digging safe water wells or caring for AIDS patients. Imagine no church's feeding homeless families or giving them shelter. Imagine no church's sending members into the community to help rehab houses for the elderly. Imagine no church going into Cambodia to help with maimed children caused from landmines. Imagine no christians going to Haiti to help feed and house people. Imagine no catholic charity to run orphanages for homeless children. Imagine no church to provide free counsling to the abused. Imagine no ministry to give to the imprisoned. Imagine no christians there to be with the bedridden in hospice. Imagine no churches out in the cold giving warm clothing to the less fortunate. Imagine no Christmas spirit. Imagine no red cross or red cresent. Imagine no religion and those are just a few of the things you will be missing.

Imagine a world where people did good works for other reasons than to get points with god. Imagine a world where people had a higher, more sophisticated sense of morality than religion could ever provide.