Jasman0717

Mayweather Vs. Hatten

19 posts in this topic

It sucks that Ricky Hatten had to fight two guys, no wonder he got knocked out. ###### Joe Cortez should be fired, he is worst of a referee than Richard Steel. :angry:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Agreed

I-129F Sent : 11-22-2005
I-129F NOA1: 12-16-2005
I-129F NOA2: 02-09-2006
NVC Received: 02-27-2006
Left From NVC: 03-02-2006
Consulate Received: 03-15-2006
Interview Date : 03-21-2006 Approved
Visa received : 3-24-2006
Married 6-2-2006
Aos timeline
dec 12 2006 : AOS application mailed to chicago
dec 14 2006 : arrived at chicago
dec 20 2006 : Check cashed
dec 21 2006 : NOA (Missouri Service Center)
jan 08 2007 : Biometric
jan 11 2007 : RFE for I-864
jan 19 2007 : Sent RFE to Lees Summit
jan 26 2007 : Got email from CRIS, received response from request of initial evidence
jan 30 2007 : transfer to California service center
feb 01 2007 : touched
feb 09 2007 : California received
feb 13 2007 : touched
feb 14 2007 : touched
feb 15 2007 : touched
feb 20 2007 : RFE notification from email
feb 21 2007 : touched
feb 28 2007 : RFE in the mail(marriage certificate again)
mar 02 2007: Sent RFE to CSC
mar 09 2007 : Got email, they received response for RFE
mar 12 2007 : Touched
mar 19 2007 : received email from CRIS, Card production ordered
mar 21 2007 : received email from CRIS AOS approved
mar 23 2007 : received Snail mail approval
mar 24 2007 : Green Card arrived (with misspelled mid name)

Did i miss something? :blink:

Citizenship

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

CIS Office : San Francisco CA

Date Filed : 2008-06-11

NOA Date : 2008-06-18

Bio. Appt. : 2008-07-08

Citizenship Interview

USCIS San Francisco Field Office

Wednesday, September 10,2008

Time 2:35PM

what a sham

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Is it true that the Brits were booing during the Star Spangled Banner?

I didn't watch that part so don't know.

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: Timeline
Is it true that the Brits were booing during the Star Spangled Banner?

Wouldn't be surprising.

Europeans are pro-American only when America isn't confident and assertive. IOW when America is as pusillanimous as Europe is.

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

It was disrespectful - the moron contingent definitely showed up this time. I have been to all of Hatton's Vegas fights and they were absentuntil now. Also booing and screaming "who are ya" when Mayweather entered was also not cool - this isn't some tribal football rivalry, much as they wanted to make it so.

The fight itself was fantastic - Mayweather simply outclassed Hatton, who didn't land a single punch that threatened him.

90day.jpg

Filed: Timeline
It was disrespectful - the moron contingent definitely showed up this time. I have been to all of Hatton's Vegas fights and they were absentuntil now. Also booing and screaming "who are ya" when Mayweather entered was also not cool - this isn't some tribal football rivalry, much as they wanted to make it so.

The fight itself was fantastic - Mayweather simply outclassed Hatton, who didn't land a single punch that threatened him.

It's a real shame that the UK fans showed themselves up like that.

I heard there was no real contest with the fight....it sucks that there's this hooha over the ref, as many are trying to take Mayweather's victory away from him as not being legit.

Booing the U.S. is sort of like booing the Yankees, Man United, or Real Madrid. Or indeed Barry Bonds.

Americans are very sensitive about stuff like that and take it as a personal affront, which they shouldn't. Booing during a country's national anthem is certainly disrespectful, but Americans react to it like someone is insulting their grandma.

Remember all the brouhaha when Mexican fans chanted "Osama!" during a US-Mexico soccer game in 2004? Same thing. International competition isn't much of a part of American sporting culture, so there is less familiarity with the insult-hurling free-for-all at sporting events, particularly soccer. Basically, nothing is sacred, and the more shocking the better. I'm not defending it, just pointing it out.

Robin, I think it is tribalism: your side vs. our side. That's what sports fanaticism is all about, team sports or individual.

I agree that some of it is jarring, but that's because I have an American sensibility (for obvious reasons).

I remember reading this column a while back. You can easily substitute boxing for soccer:

Dear Mexican,

Why do Mexican soccer fans chant "Osama! Osama!" when their side plays the United States? You don't hear American soccer fans yell "¡La migra!"

White Boy Dash

Dear Gabacho,

You think hurling bin Laden's name is tasteless? How about the Daily Mail columnist who, on the day England faced West Germany in the 1966 FIFA World Cup final, wrote, "West Germany may beat us at our national sport today, but that would be only fair. We beat them twice at theirs"? Or the hooligans who greeted Jewish fans during a Lazio-AS Roma Italian league match with a banner that read "Auschwitz is your town, the ovens are your houses"? This is soccer we're talking about, not Wimbledon. Offensive jeers are part of the game, and anyone who can't take the heat should leave la cocina. Jingoism is the main reason fútbol is the world's most popular sport: Countries and regions can spill their aggression toward each other on the pitch and in the stands instead of on the battlefield. That's why Mexicans love to trash the United States when the two countries play. Ustedes exploit us, humiliate us, dominate us in every socioeconomic category, even beat us in soccer -- the United States has triumphed over Mexico in six of their last nine matches, including a 2-0 shellacking in the second round of the 2002 World Cup. So instead of wielding knives, our best revenge is the clever insult, the well-timed "Chinga tu madre" ("Go ###### your mother") whistle, the beer poured upon Landon Donovan as he triumphantly exits the stadium. All the great soccer-playing nations draw rabidly nationalistic fans, and the United States will remain a third-rate country until Americans cry "Tacos!" next time Mexico's squad invades el Norte.

K-1

March 7, 2005: I-129F NOA1

September 20, 2005: K-1 Interview in London. Visa received shortly thereafter.

AOS

December 30, 2005: I-485 received by USCIS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Received 10-year green card February 28, 2008

Your Humble Advice Columnist, Joyce

Come check out the most happenin' thread on VJ: Dear Joyce

Click here to see me visiting with my homebodies.

[The grooviest signature you've ever seen is under construction!]

it was a very very close fight up until about the 7th round when mayweather started to pull away on the scorecards and cortez was way out of line...in fact the point deduction for the rabbit shot should never have been taken as hatton didn't hit him (he missed) nor did he caution floyd for the same types of infractions. floyd did win it and no one can take that away from him. he is talented and the fans got their $$ worth imwo. interesting that hatton's trainer felt the need to say all we want is a fair shake in the rules meeting though i have never experienced anything like that before.

ROC Timeline

18 NOV 2010 Sent 1.8lb packet to USCIS in Laguna Niguel (day 1)

19 NOV 2010 Package signed for V SEMEGI (day 2)

24 NOV 2010 Package returned because USC didn't sign petition (day 6)

calendar reset

26 NOV 2010 Package sent out again (day 1)

29 NOV 2010 Package signed for by V SEMEGI (day 3)

29 NOV 2010 NOA1 issued (day 3)

03 DEC 2010 Hardcopy of NOA received (day 7)

07 JAN 2011 Successful walk in biometrics (day 42) original date 1 FEB

01 MAR 2011 Date on Approval notice (although it arrived after the card did) (day 94)

03 MAR 2011 Card received (day 96)

It's not a big deal to me - but it is disrespectful. I don't think the Vegas boxing audience has the same mentality as a premiereship football team, and I think it was ultimately damaging to Hatton who had the support of a lot of Americans until that point.

There were a lot of morons in the MGM on Saturday night, almost all of them were British.

90day.jpg