aukperson

Has anyone ever "failed" a medical ??

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Hello Everyone,

I'm just curious, I have my medical tomorrow in London and was just thinking...

"I wonder if anyone has ever failed to get their Visa because of failing the medical"

I'm a fit & healthy person and have always come out OK on every other medical I have done, so there shouldn't be a problem.

I was more interested in what they are actually looking for and if any poor soul has had a problem with it and didn't get their visa !!!

Perish the thought...

Cheers

James

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

They are looking for medical conditions that pose a risk to others.

Section 221(g ) Classes of Aliens Ineligible for Visas or Admission. (1) Health-related grounds.-

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/ineligib...ities_1364.html

Example: the person has AIDS, or TB

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hey, this topic really interested me, i was wondering, would something like diabetes cause you any problems in getting your application accepted? anyone ever hear of or know anything about this first hand? please let me know. thanks

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good question on the hepatitis....don't know the answer.

As far as the Diabetes....I don't know the exact answer to that one. But, Andre was diagnosed with Sickle Cell Anemia when he was 11. He has had medical treatment and/or hospitalization for about 10 episodes while in Jamaica. He was honest about it. He was not denied.

Since arrival in the U.S. in June of last year, he had one episode. It also did not effect AOS.

That's my 2 cents on this topic.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline
Hey, this topic really interested me, i was wondering, would something like diabetes cause you any problems in getting your application accepted? anyone ever hear of or know anything about this first hand? please let me know. thanks
NO :no: Diabetes is not a communicable disease and poses no health risks to others.

What if someone had an undetected communicable disease such as Hepatitis(fairly common in some parts of the world) which is treatable? Would they be completely denied or would the visa be issued pending treatment?
They test for it by drawing blood.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Isn't the only way to fail the medical a disease that could put in health risks to others???

Edited by Mirla

"Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life's coming attractions." Albert Einstein.

05/09/07 --- NOA1

05/15/07 --- Touched

10/24/07 --- Case assigned!

10/31/07 --- Touched

11/01/07 --- RFE

11/02/07 --- Touched

11/05/07 --- Got RFE on the mail

11/09/07 --- RFE sent back to VSC

12/06/07 --- Waited enough time to RESEND our RFE

12/07/07 --- RFE received at VSC and signed by Novak....

12/10/07 --- Case received and resumed

12/11/07 --- Touched

12/12/07 --- Touched

12/13/07 --- Touched

12/14/07 --- Touched

01/02/08 --- Touched

01/02/08 --- APPROVED!!!!!!

01/11/08 --- Got NOA2 on the mail

01/12/08 --- Got NVC letter on the mail

01/17/08 --- Got packet 3

01/28/08 --- Medical

02/05/08 --- INTERVIEW!!!!

02/10/08 --- Off to NY!!!!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Isn't the only way to fail the medical a disease that could put in health risks to others???

And a failed drug test during the medical.

Oh, and I have heard people with a history of some mental disorder like a suicide attempt or cutting, even if it was LONG ago, being turned down on occassion.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Diabetes is not a problem. kathryn41 has it and is happily living with her US hubby here in the US.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

And a failed drug test during the medical.

Oh, and I have heard people with a history of some mental disorder like a suicide attempt or cutting, even if it was LONG ago, being turned down on occassion.

Yeah, you're right. I forgot to mention that.

I also remember someone from VJ who's fiancee admitted having used some kind of drug from her country 1 or two times like 3 or 4 years ago, even though she passed the drug test, she got denied at the embassy!!!!

So whatever you did in your past, if you got drunk, did drugs, try to kill yourself or anything, say no!!! hahaha!!! Whatever happens 4, 6, 10 years ago it's old but it matters to them you know!

Edited by Mirla

"Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life's coming attractions." Albert Einstein.

05/09/07 --- NOA1

05/15/07 --- Touched

10/24/07 --- Case assigned!

10/31/07 --- Touched

11/01/07 --- RFE

11/02/07 --- Touched

11/05/07 --- Got RFE on the mail

11/09/07 --- RFE sent back to VSC

12/06/07 --- Waited enough time to RESEND our RFE

12/07/07 --- RFE received at VSC and signed by Novak....

12/10/07 --- Case received and resumed

12/11/07 --- Touched

12/12/07 --- Touched

12/13/07 --- Touched

12/14/07 --- Touched

01/02/08 --- Touched

01/02/08 --- APPROVED!!!!!!

01/11/08 --- Got NOA2 on the mail

01/12/08 --- Got NVC letter on the mail

01/17/08 --- Got packet 3

01/28/08 --- Medical

02/05/08 --- INTERVIEW!!!!

02/10/08 --- Off to NY!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Diabetes is not a problem. kathryn41 has it and is happily living with her US hubby here in the US.

Exactly right:-). There are others with diabetes who have been through this process as well.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

They are looking for medical conditions that pose a risk to others.

Section 221(g ) Classes of Aliens Ineligible for Visas or Admission. (1) Health-related grounds.-

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/ineligib...ities_1364.html

Example: the person has AIDS, or TB

They are also looking for anything that might cause the person immigrating to be a drain on Medicaid or public assistance.

My husband was initially denied because he had suffered a heart attack within 3 months of his medical. He had stents placed and was not on any restrictions by his physician, but the Embassy was worried that since he didn't have health insurance in place in the US, he might need medical care and not be able to pay for it himself.

His medical records from his doctor stating that he was "revascularized" and had passed a cardiac stress test were not sufficient. It was only after I intervened and assured them I would be adding him to my insurance after he arrived (and spoke with several people at the Embassy over a period of a week) that they finally relented and allowed him to receive his Visa. Also, we offered up proof that he had travel insurance which would cover him until he was settled in the US.

So it is not just about communicable diseases, it is also about money. Uncle Sam does not want to have to pay out for someone who has not paid into the sytem yet!

CR-1:

14-Dec-05: Sent I-130 to London for DCF

28-Dec-05: Letter from Embassy denying due to LLR

17-Jan-06: RFE from TX due to "lack of payment"; USCIS won't accept credit card form from Embassy

01-Feb-06: Sent new I-130 to TX with personal check

13-Feb-06: NOA1

02-June-06: NOA2

05-June-06: Case received at NVC; case # assigned

26-June-06: DS-3032 Choice of Agent rec'd via snail mail

06-July-06: DS-3032 COA mailed; AOS bill mailed

24-July-06: IV bill generated

31-July-06: I-864 rec'd via snail mail; IV bill rec'd

31-Aug-06: IV bill mailed (delayed due to move to US)

21-Sep-06: DS-230 rec'd via snail mail

02-Oct-06: DS-230 & I-864 mailed

08-Nov-06: Case completed at NVC & forwarded to London Embassy!!!

28-Feb-07: Final Interview at London Embassy

01-Mar-07: Visa in hand!!!

Removal of Conditions:

16-Feb-09: I-751 sent to VSC

23-Feb-09: I-751 NOA1

10-Apr-09: Biometrics Appt

02-Sep-09: Approved - 10-yr Green Card Production Ordered

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.