niceguy26

Just called NVC...

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I spoke to an employee at the NVC, and gave him my Receipt number. He said he didnt have our case, and asked me for some information off of our NOA2. I read it off to him, and he said that it means it was forwarded straight to the Consulate in manila and not to the NVC. Has anyone else heard of this? The gentleman told me it does happen from time to time that USCIS will just send it direct to the consulate. He just gave me the number for them and said I need to reach them... Any ideas?

Edited by niceguy26

Mid-June filer, Mid-July NOA1 :(...

6/21/07 - I-129F Sent : transferred to CSC at some point...

7/12/07 - Received date as shown on NOA1 Hardcopy

7/18/07 - NOA1

7/21/07 - Check FINALLY Cashed!!!

7/24/07 - Finally got receipt number off the back of cancelled check!

11/23/07 - Our first ever touch!

11/27/07 - Touched on website

11/28/07 - NOA2!!!!!!!!

I-129f was approved in 160 days from your filing date.

12/21/07 - Received at NVC and assigned case number!

12/27/07 - Case forwarded to USEM

01/04/07 - Case received by USEM

02/25/08 - Scheduled St. Luke's Medical Appointment 7:00 AM

03/03/08 - Interview at USEM APPROVED

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

All approved petitions go through NVC because that is where the new case numbers are assigned. Since there was no record of your case it means that they probably haven't gotten it yet.

Call back in a couple of days and see what happens.

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Zee, I'm not so sure of that. Though, I'm sure you know more about than I. However, on my NOA2 (which just arrived in the mailbox today :D ) there is a sentence that would support niceguy26's claim that sometimes they go straight to the consulate. perhaps all NOA2s have the exact same scripture, i dont know. Mine says...

"The above petition has been approved, and forwarded to the listed consulate. Please contact the consulate with any questions about visa issuance....."

Does every approval use the same terminology? I also called to NVC today. but only used the automated system. There was no record of it. So, i just assumed they hadn't received it yet. the approval is only 5 days old. But perhaps its possible some really do get forwarded directly to the foreign consulate??? :unsure:

22 Jun 05 - We met in a tiny bar in Williamsburg, Va. (spent all summer together)

27 May 06 - Sasha comes back for a 2nd glorious summer (spent 8 months apart)

01 Jan 07 - Jason travels to Moscow for 2 weeks with Sasha

27 May 07 - Jason again travels to Moscow for 2 weeks of perfection

14 July 07 - I-129F and all related documents sent to VSC

16 July 07 - I-129F delivered to VSC and signed for by P. Novak

20 July 07 - NOA1 issued / receipt number assigned

27 Sep 07 - Jason travels to Moscow to be with Sasha for 2 weeks

28 Nov 07 - NOA2 issued...TOUCHED!...then...APPROVED!!!

01 Dec 07 - NVC receives/assigns case #

04 Dec 07 - NVC sends case to U.S. Embassy Moscow

26 Dec 07 - Jason visits Sasha in Russia for the 4th and final time of 2007 :)

22 Feb 08 - Moscow Interview! (APPROVED!!!)..Yay!

24 Mar 08 - Sasha and Jason reunite in the U.S. :)

31 May 08 - Married

29 Dec 08- Alexander is born

11 Jan 10 - AOS / AP / EAD package sent

19 Jan 10 - AOS NOA1 / AP NOA1 / EAD NOA1

08 Feb 10 - AOS case transferred to CSC

16 Mar 10 - AP received

16 Mar 10 - AOS approved

19 Mar 10 - EAD received

22 Mar 10 - GC received

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
Zee, I'm not so sure of that. Though, I'm sure you know more about than I. However, on my NOA2 (which just arrived in the mailbox today :D ) there is a sentence that would support niceguy26's claim that sometimes they go straight to the consulate. perhaps all NOA2s have the exact same scripture, i dont know. Mine says...

"The above petition has been approved, and forwarded to the listed consulate. Please contact the consulate with any questions about visa issuance....."

Does every approval use the same terminology? I also called to NVC today. but only used the automated system. There was no record of it. So, i just assumed they hadn't received it yet. the approval is only 5 days old. But perhaps its possible some really do get forwarded directly to the foreign consulate??? :unsure:

They all say they are going right to the embassy, but Zee is right.. ALL petitions must be processed through NVC first.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I bet it does have to go to NVC, even though a far more efficient method is to have USCIS electronically issue the petition approval to NVC, have NVC send back the new number, and then USCIS sends the packet to the consulate.

Of course this would save money and time, so they have to use the snail mail approach where things can get lost, delayed, etc.

Pretty sure NVC needs it on their system, otherwise no visa could be issued from the consulate.

Timeline

They all say they are going right to the embassy, but Zee is right.. ALL petitions must be processed through NVC first.

Jules, is the wording on yours the same?

22 Jun 05 - We met in a tiny bar in Williamsburg, Va. (spent all summer together)

31 May 08 - Married

16 Mar 10 - AP received

16 Mar 10 - AOS approved

19 Mar 10 - EAD received

22 Mar 10 - GC received

Timeline

yeah thats exactly what mine says. the guy at NVC made me read that part to him specifically...

its totally different than this one: http://www.visajourney.com/gallery/display...bum=4&pos=0

it mentions nothing at all about NVC

Edited by niceguy26

7/18/07 - NOA1

11/28/07 - NOA2!!!!!!!!

I spoke to an employee at the NVC, and gave him my Receipt number. He said he didnt have our case, and asked me for some information off of our NOA2. I read it off to him, and he said that it means it was forwarded straight to the Consulate in manila and not to the NVC. Has anyone else heard of this? The gentleman told me it does happen from time to time that USCIS will just send it direct to the consulate. He just gave me the number for them and said I need to reach them... Any ideas?

I was told the same thing a couple of weeks ago. This is not correct information....All petitions go through NVC. Call NVC back again in a few days. I received a letter from NVC about 3 weeks after NOA2 approval.

Timeline

yeah thats exactly what mine says. the guy at NVC made me read that part to him specifically...

its totally different than this one: http://www.visajourney.com/gallery/display...bum=4&pos=0

Interesting find. And you're right, they are completely different. Hmmm... Everyone says that all petitions go through NVC. I can buy that. Completely logical. Though, for some reason I'm still not convinced. :blush:

*But take notice....this NOA2 is 4 years old. Perhaps they have just changed the template?*

Edited by Jason-Sasha

31 May 08 - Married

16 Mar 10 - AP received

16 Mar 10 - AOS approved

19 Mar 10 - EAD received

22 Mar 10 - GC received

Timeline

Jules, is the wording on yours the same?

Mine had the exact same wording "This petition is being forwarded to the embassy..." or something like that. Sometime within the last couple of years they changed the wording from "This petition is being sent to NVC" to "This petition is being sent to the consulate". But the process has not changed.

Click for full timeline

Timeline

Interesting find. And you're right, they are completely different. Hmmm... Everyone says that all petitions go through NVC. I can buy that. Completely logical. Though, for some reason I'm still not convinced. :blush:

Jason, I am going to shake you!!! NVC assigns the new case numbers. They also forward an electronic copy of your file to your embassy. So, if your petition is not going through NVC, there is a problem. The wording means nothing.

Edited by ZeeNusah

Click for full timeline

Timeline

thanks everyone :thumbs:

7/18/07 - NOA1

11/28/07 - NOA2!!!!!!!!

I've seen this before with NVC. NVC assigns the case number. for Manila your case number will start with MNL2007.......

the operator at NVC probably will not see any info on your petition until the case number was been assigned. one year ago when I was at the stage you are, the NVC kept telling there was no record of my petition at NVC. allow 4 to 6 six weeks from approval date... after several days and phones calls, they had my case number and said an electronic file of the petition had been sent to Manila. just have to be persistant with NVC, one day you'll call and they will have the case number, :thumbs:

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

I've seen this before with NVC. NVC assigns the case number. for Manila your case number will start with MNL2007.......

the operator at NVC probably will not see any info on your petition until the case number was been assigned. one year ago when I was at the stage you are, the NVC kept telling there was no record of my petition at NVC. allow 4 to 6 six weeks from approval date... after several days and phones calls, they had my case number and said an electronic file of the petition had been sent to Manila. just have to be persistant with NVC, one day you'll call and they will have the case number, :thumbs:

:thumbs:

Petitions from CSC have been taking 4-5 weeks to get to NVC lately.

17th March 2010 - Started the removal of conditions process

22nd March 2010 - Application received by CSC

30th April 2010 - Biometrics appointment

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.