gimygirl

Mum is back for a visit ...

22 posts in this topic

allo!!!! *waves*

well a few of you know that geoff's mum has come back for a visit!!! i KNOW!!! :lol: even though she was here for a month in november (with his dad & aunt/uncle) ... Mum has decided to make the flight solo and arrived yesterday afternoon in Philly!

we were surprised by her wanting to visit so soon! personally, i think she misses geoff more than she thought she would! :yes: of course, he's been away before (1 yr in australia back-packing & 7 yrs travelling in the RAF), but this is different ... he LIVES here now. geoff's b-day is just 'round the corner as well and i think she wanted to be with him!

anyway ... all our gain!!! :thumbs: she brought 1 WHOLE large suitcase FILLED with goodies!!!!! ranging from chocolates (revels!!! YUM) ... steak pies ... jams ... clotted cream ... walker's crisps (they have a ketchup flavored crisp!!!! :lol: ) ... tea ... and some other wonderful yummies!!

we had the pies for dinner (probably some more for lunch today) and we are going to head to the mall to shop!!! his mum LOVES to shop (lucky me!!). she's given geoff some $$ for his b-day and he's going to buy a fender stratocaster. B)

last night as we were settling her into bed, i was showing her the remote for the tv and trying to just show her the basics (chan + / - & vol + / - ). she asks, 'do you have channel 190 here?' :huh: geoff laughs at her and reminds her that we're on a completely different tv network!! i wrote down the #'s for the Lifetime Channel and Food Network ... she was rather pleased with that!! :thumbs:

anyway ... she's here for 2 weeks! which means you lot will be almost gimy-free for 2 weeks!!! :P i'm sure i will check in here and there!! peace out!! :luv:

line_bar_12d.gifline_bar_12d.gif

Music___Lennon___Imagine_by_jjjean6.png

Faith: not wanting to know what is true.~Nietzsche~

“The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is.”

~Winston Churchill~

text___just_be_animated_colour_by_j.gif

line_bar_12d.gifline_bar_12d.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

How exciting! Have fun!!!

12/5/05 Sent I129F Petition to Nebraska via Express Mail

12/6/05 Packaged received at 10:38 am in Nebraska

12/9/05 Check cashed (Never been so happy to have money leave my account)

12/12/05 Receive NOA1 snail mail - 30-60 day processing estimate

01/04/06 Receive NOA2 via e-mail

1/20/06 NVC letter in mail...will ship within a week.

2/1/06 Packet 3 and 4 in the mail

3/15/06 Interview - neither approved nor declined need to send in Migratory Movement Certificate AP

3/20/06 Migratory Movement Certificate for myself and fiancee sent to US Embassy in Lima

3/23/06 Visa Approved

5/19/06 I leave for Peru to pick up mi amor

5/25/06 Lucia and I arrive in Chicago

7/01/06 Legal Marriage

9/09/06 Religious Wedding

Hey!!!!!

Sounds like you are in for a full couple of weeks! Hope mum in law has a great time with you both....

Have fun.... :luv:

I am sure you will have a wonderful couple of weeks....envy you with the UK goodies though - Brit choccy YUM!!!

Have a great time y'all!!!

Jen

Removing of Conditions Timeline

05/29/2007 - Sent package to NSC

05/31/2007 - Package received by NSC

06/01/2007 - Date on NOA (1 day after they received our package!)

06/11/2007 - NOA and Biometrics notice received via snail-mail

06/21/2007 - Biometrics taken

04/03/2008 - Transferred to CSC

05/14/2008 - Approved (notified via email)

05/21/2008 - Card received

clotted cream. I had some on a British airways flight. Sounds gross but is yummy.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

clotted cream. I had some on a British airways flight. Sounds gross but is yummy.

:lol::lol: my bloke says he doesn't want to try anything that has 'clotted' in its name.... :lol:

Edited by welshcookie

aces! Hope you have a great time! :)

Applied for K1

Met online 2001 - just aquaintances

Sept 2002 - 1st US visit - everything goes perfectly.

Dec 20th - Forms recev'd at CSC

Dec 27th - NOA1 received by snail mail!

Dec 29th - 'Touched'

March 10 2006 - NOA2!

March 23 - recv'd at NVC

March 24 - petition sent to London

April 9th - Pkt 3 rec'd!

May 17th - Pkt 3 signed for at London Embassy

May 24th - Medical

May24th - Pkt 4

June 14th - Interview 10am - APPROVED 1pm!!

June 16th - Visas received in my hot little hands 1pm :)

July 19th - flying to US!

July 27th - Married!! :-)

Aug 7th - Applied for SSN in married name

Aug 9th - SSN received

uk.gif1273.gifusa.gif

3dflagsdotcom_uk_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

I'm not a lawyer I just have opinions on everything :)

animated flags from http://3dflags.com

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

UNFAIR! You made me hungry and you're too far away to share........*whines and begs at you* :P

Dunno what that thing is Geoff's buying but yay! Birthday $$ is always cool.

Electricity is really just organized lightning.

UNFAIR! You made me hungry and you're too far away to share........*whines and begs at you* :P

My guess is an electric guitar :P

Enjoy, gimy!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

My guess is an electric guitar :P

Enjoy, gimy!

Oh jeez, I saw the 'fender' part and thought it was for a car and I know he's not driving here so couldn't figure out why he'd need a fender. LOLOL I need more coffee. ;)

Thank you Asu, you smart lil chicky! :):star:

Electricity is really just organized lightning.

Hey Monique this really made me smile....because my mum told me yesterday she is coming back for 5 weeks (!!!) in mid-May :dance:

It is my 40th in mid-June, so I think similar reasons to Geoff's mum.

My mum only left here on 29 December and this is the woman who did not like the USA and would not do longhaul flights regularly!! I am really happy she liked it so much here, she already wants to return.

Enjoy her stay :thumbs:

Sarah

alright monique...i am sure you will shine as always..

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

:lol::lol: my bloke says he doesn't want to try anything that has 'clotted' in its name.... :lol:

I was suspicious too. But I figured they weren't trying to actually kill me on the plane.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Filed: Other Country: England
Timeline

yayyy Gimy, how lovely for all of you!! That's great..enjoy your time and see you soon!!! :) :) :) Mich & Craig

ManU2.jpg

10 year green card received

mid March, 2008. Done 'til Naturalization! WOOT! :)