NicoNShawn

Sudo K-1 Application

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

Hi all,

I've just joined the site and am following the guide to prepare myself an I-129F package. The site is great, I've found a lot of great information here that's been very helpful. What I'd like to do is post a description of what I'm putting together to send to try to get an idea of if what I'm sending is adequate. My main concern is that I would be sent an RFE. I'd appreciate any input those who have been through the process would have, in this sort of 'sudo application'.

In my package:

-Cover letter

-Basic required forms/documents (I-129F, G-325As,cp birth certificate, passport photos)

-Declaration of how we met: outlining meeting her while working with the navy in Italy, our visits and vacations together

-Statements that we will marry within 90 days

-And finally the big one, proof of having met

---copies of my contracts with the navy

---photos of us together in various countries and cities, lots of them :P (can these be color printouts on a standard home printer?)

---photo copies of my passport pages (those that are legible)

---itinerary showing I spent the last 90 days in Romania with her

---1 or 2 itineraries showing our trips together (I wish I could find more, but I just didn't keep any of them)

I appreciate any help. I'd much rather get a RFE from this forum than from the USCIS ;)

Thanks in advance,

Shawn

Nov 19, 2007 - I-129F Sent to VSC

Nov 21, 2007 - NOA1 Notice Date

Nov 29, 2007 - NOA1 Hardcopy recieved

Dec 11, 2007 - B2 Visa Interview - denied

Dec 23, 2007 - I can't go to Romania, they won't approve her visa, so it's Italy for the holidays! :P

Jan 10, 2008 - My right ankle does a 180, trimalleolar fracture with dislocation, life takes a setback

Feb 17, 2008 - Touch --- meanwhile I begin physical therapy for the ankle

Mar 13, 2000 - Arrive on crutches to spend 2 weeks together in Iasi

Mar 16, 2008 - NOA2

Mar 20, 2008 - NVC Received

Mar 25, 2008 - Package 3 Received

May, 2008 - Doctor clears the ankle, I can go back to work

Jun 16, 2008 - We are reunited again as I take a job in Italy

Jul, 2008 - US Embassy extends our package 3 deadline to November

Sep 10, 2008 - We return to Romania to prepare for visa interview

Sep 15, 2008 - Package 3 Sent

Sep 29, 2008 - K1 Visa Interview - Approved

Oct 9, 2008 - US Entry via JFK

Dec 17, 2008 - Marriage :D

Jan 5, 2009 - AOS files along with Work Authorization and Advanced parole

Jan 13, 2009 - NOA for AOS, work authorization, and advanced parole

Mar 18, 2009 - Case transfered to California Service Center (we moved)

Apr 4, 2009 - Bio Appt

Apr 17, 2009 - EAD approved

Apr 18, 2009 - Adavanced Parole received

Apr 24, 2009 - RFE -- Immunization record smissing

Jun 10, 2009 - USCIS reports receiving RFE reponse

Jul 2, 2009 - Greencard Recieved

Apr 21, 2011 - I-751 Mailed

Apr 26, 2011 - I-751 Check cashed by the USCIS

May 7, 2011 - Biometrics Appointment Notice Recieved

May 25, 2011 - Biometrics Appointment Date

Jul 20, 2011 - I-751 Approved

We just followed the guide here no VJ and didn't have any problems what so ever for the K-1 or AOS. Good luck :thumbs:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Hi all,

I've just joined the site and am following the guide to prepare myself an I-129F package. The site is great, I've found a lot of great information here that's been very helpful. What I'd like to do is post a description of what I'm putting together to send to try to get an idea of if what I'm sending is adequate. My main concern is that I would be sent an RFE. I'd appreciate any input those who have been through the process would have, in this sort of 'sudo application'.

In my package:

-Cover letter

-Basic required forms/documents (I-129F, G-325As,cp birth certificate, passport photos)

-Declaration of how we met: outlining meeting her while working with the navy in Italy, our visits and vacations together

---photos of us together in various countries and cities, lots of them :P (can these be color printouts on a standard home printer?)

---1 or 2 itineraries showing our trips together (I wish I could find more, but I just didn't keep any of them)

I appreciate any help. I'd much rather get a RFE from this forum than from the USCIS ;)

Thanks in advance,

Shawn

It looks good but things like itineraries really only prove you looked into buying a ticket. Some don't prove you bought one and none prove you got on the plane. Boarding passes work. Since you met in Italy, you'll want proof you were both in Italy at the same time. That means her passport stamp too.

You really only need to prove (with primary evidence like passport stamps and boarding passes) that you met once, in person, in the last two years. As long as you have the primary evidence for one meeting, you don't need to worry about the primary evidence for other trips. Send the evidence you have though.

That you spent three months in Romania with her is great but an itinerary doesn't prove it. Did you have a visa and/or passport stamps? How about boarding passes?

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

You read my mind pushbrk. :)

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

As well, include all your passport pages including the illegible ones. They may question 'why' there is a gap in numbering and send an RFE for the missing pages.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline
Hi all,

In my package:

-Cover letter

Thanks in advance,

Shawn

It looks good but things like itineraries really only prove you looked into buying a ticket. Some don't prove you bought one and none prove you got on the plane. Boarding passes work. Since you met in Italy, you'll want proof you were both in Italy at the same time. That means her passport stamp too.

You really only need to prove (with primary evidence like passport stamps and boarding passes) that you met once, in person, in the last two years. As long as you have the primary evidence for one meeting, you don't need to worry about the primary evidence for other trips. Send the evidence you have though.

That you spent three months in Romania with her is great but an itinerary doesn't prove it. Did you have a visa and/or passport stamps? How about boarding passes?

I have passport stamps for my 3 months in Romania, as well as boarding passes for the return. We actually met in Romania, I went to visit her, but I'm not sure I have enough evidence of that. I have copies of all of the pages in my old passport but there are 100s of stamps. It would be difficult to find the one for the required date. But my new passport which was used for our last visit ONLY has the stamps for the 90 days. And we only need 1 solid meeting, right, so the passport stamps for the 3 months should be OK?

Thanks

Dec 23, 2007 - I can't go to Romania, they won't approve her visa, so it's Italy for the holidays! :P

Jan 10, 2008 - My right ankle does a 180, trimalleolar fracture with dislocation, life takes a setback

Mar 16, 2008 - NOA2

Apr 4, 2009 - Bio Appt

Timeline
As well, include all your passport pages including the illegible ones. They may question 'why' there is a gap in numbering and send an RFE for the missing pages.

That's probably a good idea too. I didn't send any passport pages because I used the birth certificate to prove citizenship and a marriage certificate. For K3, proving you married replaces proving you met. When you use your passport to prove citizenship, you send all pages but it may be a good idea when there is a lot of travel to many countries. It hurts nothing.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

Do you suppose they'll question why I've had 2 passports? My original passport was destroyed in the wash while I was in Italy so I was given an emergency replacement. I have copies of ALL of the pages from the original, and can obviously make copies of my current passport.

Also, my current passport is only temporary, so I need to exchange it by next summer. Is there any chance it could backfire if I change my passport now? Or should I just hold on to it since it contains our strongest evidence, passport stamps showing I was with her for 90 days?

Mar 16, 2008 - NOA2

Apr 4, 2009 - Bio Appt

Timeline

Do you suppose they'll question why I've had 2 passports? My original passport was destroyed in the wash while I was in Italy so I was given an emergency replacement. I have copies of ALL of the pages from the original, and can obviously make copies of my current passport.

Also, my current passport is only temporary, so I need to exchange it by next summer. Is there any chance it could backfire if I change my passport now? Or should I just hold on to it since it contains our strongest evidence, passport stamps showing I was with her for 90 days?

The copies work for evidence. Expired passports are returned but marked as expired and hole punched. You'll want to verify they'll do the same with yours. I expect they will.

Just explain the two passorts in your cover letter.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

We're still waiting for NOA2, but I printed my entire proof of relationship document on my color inkjet printer, including scans of all the receipts and our the photos of us together. I believe this to be perfectly adequate. Since I didn't include separate photos, I placed a caption under each photo noting the date and place it was taken. I also placed captions under each receipt detailing what it was for.

------------------K1 Timeline------------------

05 Jul 2007: Mailed I129F petition

06 Jul 2007: CSC received petition

09 Jul 2007: NOA-1 Issued

10 Jul 2007: My check clears the bank

13 Jul 2007: I receive NOA-1 in the US Mail

19 Nov 2007: Touched

19 Nov 2007: USCIS website shows APPROVED

23 Nov 2007: I receive NOA-2 in the US Mail

12 Dec 2007: NVC receives petition

14 Dec 2007: NVC ships petition to Moscow embassy

19 Dec 2007: Moscow embassy receives petition

26 Feb 2008: Interview at Moscow embassy

13 Mar 2008: Received visa

18 Mar 2008: POE in Atlanta

09 May 2008: Wedding

-----------------AOS Timeline------------------

16 Jun 2008: Submittal for AOS

23 Jun 2008: NOA1 for AOS (I485, I765, I131)

24 Jun 2008: AOS checks cashed

15 Jul 2008: Biometrics appointment

04 Sep 2008: Received I-485 Interview letter

05 Sep 2008: AP/EAD Approved

08 Sep 2008: AP/EAD Received

29 Sep 2008: I-485 Interview (I-551 Stamp received)

07 Oct 2008: Green cards received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.