JanaknJanet

A Pictures worth a thousand words...

44 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

SNOOPS.COM SHOWS THIS IS TRUE WITH A VIDEO OF THE WHOLE SONG.NO HAND OVER HIS HEART FOR OBAMA!!!!!!!!!!! NO AMERICAN !!!!!!!!!!!

I had heard about this but a picture is definitely worth 1000 words! God save us!!!

picworththousand.jpg

Respect

Senator Barack Obama, Governor Bill Richardson, Senator Hillary Clinton and Ruth Harkin stand during the national anthem.

Barack Hussein Obama's photo (that's his real name)......the article said he REFUSED TO NOT ONLY PUT HIS HAND ON HIS HEART DURING THE PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE, BUT REFUSED TO SAY THE PLEDGE.....how in the hell can a man like this expect to be our next Commander-in-Chief????

http://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/mark-fink...will-msm-notice

United States Code Title 23 Chapter 10 .. code for the US Flag

Love isn't love unless it is expressed;

caring isn't caring unless the other person knows;

sharing isn't sharing unless the other person is included

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

Originally all that was required during the singing of the National Anthem was to stand and face the flag respectfully. I do think that much brouhaha was made of this, and I know there's more to the story because of the "Great Lapel Pin Incident of 2007" but I don't see that not putting your hand over your heart is cause for saying this man doesn't have a chance at the presidency. I find his pose to be just as respectful as the others. And if you get right down to it, they're all facing AWAY from the flag (unless there's another one to their right).

We begin every sporting event and assembly at my school with prayer followed by the flag salute. This is how we begin every instance:

"Please stand for prayer." After prayer:

"Please remain standing and face the flag for the flag salute."

It is neither considered rude nor unpatriotic to not put your hand over your heart, and I come from a very conservative Christian based school.....

I just don't see what all the fuss is about.

ETA: because I can't spell....

Edited by jundp

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

SNOOPS.COM SHOWS THIS IS TRUE WITH A VIDEO OF THE WHOLE SONG.NO HAND OVER HIS HEART FOR OBAMA!!!!!!!!!!! NO AMERICAN !!!!!!!!!!!

I had heard about this but a picture is definitely worth 1000 words! God save us!!!

picworththousand.jpg

Respect

Senator Barack Obama, Governor Bill Richardson, Senator Hillary Clinton and Ruth Harkin stand during the national anthem.

Barack Hussein Obama's photo (that's his real name)......the article said he REFUSED TO NOT ONLY PUT HIS HAND ON HIS HEART DURING THE PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE, BUT REFUSED TO SAY THE PLEDGE.....how in the hell can a man like this expect to be our next Commander-in-Chief????

http://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/mark-fink...will-msm-notice

United States Code Title 23 Chapter 10 .. code for the US Flag

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/anthem.asp

All I can say is that he isn't as politically savvy as he could be......

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Finland
Timeline

Sooooo...instead of focusing on his policy ideas, philosophy and what role he thinks government should play in people's lives, people are focusing on the fact that he--didn't--put--his--hand--over--his--heart?

*is dumbfounded*

The Onion is more accurate than I thought

For detailed timeline, see member timeline data.

You have rights antecedent to all earthly governments: rights that cannot be repealed or restrained by human laws; rights derived from the Great Legislator of the universe.

--John Adams

j.jpg

Setting a good example is a far better way to spread ideals than through force of arms.

--Ron Paul

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Sooooo...instead of focusing on his policy ideas, philosophy and what role he thinks government should play in people's lives, people are focusing on the fact that he--didn't--put--his--hand--over--his--heart?

*is dumbfounded*

I agree.

I think this just goes along with the forced patriotism thing. Oh no the man didn't put his hand on his heart, it doesn't mean he loves his country any less.

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

*is dumbfounded*

yep, you are right... it's REDICULOUS! The sad thing is he didn't have a chance long before he even decided to run, because let's face it, he just doesn't fit the profile of someone "presidential" these days in America. So it becomes easy to pick out the totally irrelevant.

Co-Founder of VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse -

31 Dec 2003 MARRIED
26 Jan 2004 Filed I130; 23 May 2005 Received Visa
30 Jun 2005 Arrived at Chicago POE
02 Apr 2007 Filed I751; 22 May 2008 Received 10-yr green card
14 Jul 2012 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

Timeline
I never have placed my hand over my heart for the National Anthem or the Pledge.

:o:o:o:o:o OH MY GOD!

And you call yourself an American?????????????????????????????

31 Dec 2003 MARRIED

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

This reminds me somewhat of the hoo-ha over Daniel Craig’s casting as James Bond, and all those smear stories that were released about him breaking a tooth during the filming, not liking guns and allegedly being unable to drive a stick-shift car – in other words any and everything except his ability as an actor.

Unfortunately for the critics – they were left with more than a little egg on their faces.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

Id say if your going to run for president, respect the country and its people, and that does include respecting the flag and the antham, if he cant do that, then hes not worthy in my book.

still for hilary anyway :D

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Timeline

hmmmm.......... disrespecting the flag?

bushflag.jpg

In July 2003 President Bush autographed a small flag.

This picture was circulated across the Internet noting its violation of the Flag Code:

Acording to flag regulations....

"The flag should never have placed upon it, nor on any part of it, nor attached to it any mark, insignia, letter, word, figure, design, picture, or drawing of any nature."

bush911.jpg

September 11, 2006, President Bush and first lady Laura Bush stand on a carpet of the American flag at Ground Zero in Manhattan, the site of the September 11, 2001 attack.

Section 8b of the Flag Code reads, " The flag should never touch anything beneath it, such as the ground..."

Edited by Frances

31 Dec 2003 MARRIED