lennon

Visa denied

16 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Bolivia
Timeline

We had been told everything was good by the interview person, they kept the passport and said it would all be mailed to him in a couple of days, and then advised that the consular official was not going to grant the visa so I called and he was extremely disrespectful to me. I want to make a complaint, because I feel that he was judgmental because I am older than my fiance. I am disappointed but we'll see what to do next, I'm hopeful and going to visit in a few months. I feel like I'm going to have to start from the beginning again. Does anyone have any idea what happens when they send the case back to Dept. of Homeland security and what are the chances of getting approved after a previous denial??

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

If you can, don't let it get sent back to the US. It only delays the process.

Did the CO issue a Blue Slip to you SO? It should state on it what the reason for the Intent to Deny is. My wife got a Blue Slip for more evidences, then went back to the Consulate before I got to see our blue slip and she was denied also. Now I am gathering a ton of evidence, affidavits, ect. to rebut the CO's findings when I get the Letter of Intent to Deny.

Get you Representitive involved. From what I have heard about fiance petitions is they expire after a certain period.

Even if you plan on doing a refile (whether a K-1, K-3, ot CR-1/IR-1) respond to the official Letter of Intent to Deny from the USCIS and try to rebut the CO's findings.

Good luck.

CR-1 Visa

I-130 Sent : 2006-08-30

I-130 NOA1 : 2006-09-12

I-130 Approved : 2007-01-17

NVC Received : 2007-02-05

Consulate Received : 2007-06-09

Interview Date : 2007-08-16 Case sent back to USCIS

NOA case received by CSC: 2007-12-19

Receive NOIR: 2009-05-04

Sent Rebuttal: 2009-05-19

NOA rebuttal entered: 2009-06-05

Case sent back to NVC for processing: 2009-08-27

Consulate sends DS-230: 2009-11-23

Interview: 2010-02-05 result Green sheet for updated I864 and photos submit 2010-03-05

APPROVED visa pick up 2010-03-12

POE: 2010-04-20 =)

GC received: 2010-05-05

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-130 was approved in 140 days.

I think the final thing he said was that we had not enough evidence and hadn't spent enough time together in person. How long does it take them to send it back to the US and which representative should I contact??

Contact your Senator or Congressman NOW. Once the petition leaves the embassy and is sent back to USCIS things get more difficult.

Don't know about your embassy but when I was denied the first time at USEM I had 3 weeks to prove they were wrong.

Faxed them additional evidence of bonafide relationship and got senator to contact them.

Didn't work tho!

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
I think the final thing he said was that we had not enough evidence and hadn't spent enough time together in person. How long does it take them to send it back to the US and which representative should I contact??

I'm still waiting on my Letter of Intent, our interview was in Aug.

Rep.- It depends on what District you live in. Go to US House of Rep. website. You can find your Rep there. You will also have to sign a privacy consent form in order for your Rep to look into your case.

CR-1 Visa

I-130 Sent : 2006-08-30

I-130 NOA1 : 2006-09-12

I-130 Approved : 2007-01-17

NVC Received : 2007-02-05

Consulate Received : 2007-06-09

Interview Date : 2007-08-16 Case sent back to USCIS

NOA case received by CSC: 2007-12-19

Receive NOIR: 2009-05-04

Sent Rebuttal: 2009-05-19

NOA rebuttal entered: 2009-06-05

Case sent back to NVC for processing: 2009-08-27

Consulate sends DS-230: 2009-11-23

Interview: 2010-02-05 result Green sheet for updated I864 and photos submit 2010-03-05

APPROVED visa pick up 2010-03-12

POE: 2010-04-20 =)

GC received: 2010-05-05

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-130 was approved in 140 days.

We had been told everything was good by the interview person, they kept the passport and said it would all be mailed to him in a couple of days, and then advised that the consular official was not going to grant the visa so I called and he was extremely disrespectful to me. I want to make a complaint, because I feel that he was judgmental because I am older than my fiance. I am disappointed but we'll see what to do next, I'm hopeful and going to visit in a few months. I feel like I'm going to have to start from the beginning again. Does anyone have any idea what happens when they send the case back to Dept. of Homeland security and what are the chances of getting approved after a previous denial??

Hi- sorry to hear you were denied. But don't feel like its the end of the line. Naw, think of it like its just the first round. My fiance was denied also in the Manila embassy a few years ago. But we fought on and got a second interview. The second interview the visa was approved. It took 4 months and a few days to get the 2nd interview. Don't worry, if we overcome our issues, you most definitely can overcome yours.

James & Beth in VA.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nepal
Timeline

You need to take action now and keep that package at the Consulate if at all possible.

If you don't have enough evidence, think of any little thing that may help them build a picture of your relationship... more photos, emails, phone records, travel documentation. If you have questions about this, or need ideas, post what you have done (ie, trips, communication, etc...), and what you have sent with your original submission, and people can probably give you more ideas and concrete suggestions.

Contact both your US Senators and your US Rep immediately and ask to speak with one of their immigration liaisons. Explain your situation and that time is critical (nicely). Ask for their help.

I've read about people turning situations like this around, depending on what has taken place already, but it requires a very proactive approach.

Good luck!

Maya

Many thanks to the Visajourney community for all the help!

Timeline

Tried to edit... too late....

From looking at your timeline (interview was October 3... yikes) I thought I should clarify what I meant by proactive, since it has already been nearly 4 weeks since the interview! :unsure: By proactive I now mean: get on the phone NOW and initiate contact with Sens/Reps, call/email/fax the Consulate persistently until someone clarifies your situation for you until you know exactly what you need to do, and do it yesterday! If the person you talk to doesn't help, ask for their supervisor. Also, check in the forum for your SO's country and see if anyone there has any country-specific ideas for you. Sorry to add pressure, but if you hustle now, there's a small chance you will save yourself a lot of trouble... go!

I think a lot of CO's would expect that, in a bonafide relationship, if the visa is denied, fireworks should be starting. Someone should panic. I know I would! I guess everyone's different...

Best wishes, and please let us know how things go...

Maya

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I CALLED CALIF AGAIN TODAY TO TRY TO GET A LETTER STATEING OUR DENIAL, BUT WAS TOLD IT WAS NOT DENIED BUT EXPIRED. THEY SEE IT AS IT WAS APPROVED, HE WENT TO INTERVIEW, THEY RETURNED FOR MORE REVIEW BUT EXPIRED (ACTUALLY BEFORE IT WAS RETURNED) AND ACCORDING TO A EMAIL TO MY CONGRESSWOMAN FR CALIF THERE WILL BE NO FURTHER ACTION AND I AM FREE TO REFILE. NOW ACCORDING TO THE PERSON I TALKED WITH HE MADE IT SOUND LIKE IT JUST DIES OFF WITH NO MORE ACTION. AS IT STATED FREE TO REFILE.

TO TRY TO KEEP YOUR CASE THERE GET YOUR REPS TO INQUIRE IMMEDIATELY, YOU, FAMILY AN FRIENDS ALL NEED SEND LETTERS AND EMAILS SHOWING INTENT...IF THIS DOESNT HELP SOON YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO GET THE POUCH NUMBER THAT IT EITHER HAS OR WILL BE SENT BACK TO THE STATES IN. SOMETIMES THEY LEAVE SOON SOME TAKE WEEKS UNTIL POUCH IS FULL GOOD LUCK IT IS A LONG HARD JOURNEY ONCE SENT BACK

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Timeline

Then interview was Oct. 3, then asked to to get more info and come back in a week, the second interview was October 10, they told him everything looked good leave the passport and they would send the stuff to him DHL, I called to see what was happening and they said to have him call, he called and they asked him for more information, he sent more information, then called again and they said they had to re-interview him, so I called to talk to the consulate and not just the desk people, the consulate was very disrespectful and got completely annoyed with me and basically said he would just deny it outright and I could take it up with the department of homeland security. I met him in 3/2006, we had some issues in between and he was supposed to meet me in Peru but due to earthquakes, location and lack of planning he unfortunately didn't make it, so after I talked to him I emailed to embassy to see what the next step was. We have since 4/2006, emails, DHL's, phone records, photos from when I was there, but I don't talk to him everyday, about once a week, because of work schedules and time difference, we were both preparing for the move since that has been the intention. Anyway, I'm not sure what other information we could give except for to print of every email we sent. We mostly communicate by email or messenger because it's most efficient, hard to prove if your not on the home computer and not all phone cards can give printouts, I know that now but before I didn't. Sooo.....that part of it. I'm now going down there in April since he's not coming up, it'll be good but I feel not too motivated to be proactive at this point. The stress is unbelievable.

Filed: Other Timeline

I don't quite understand your attitude about your situation. Isn't this you about three weeks ago?

"That's what I'm thinking. I think I sent sufficient documentation to prove it was ongoing. I don't know what he had, but he had over 200 pages from me, I had to count for DHL. I'm not going to sweat it, the fact is I sent him everything I had. And I'm not sure what they said."

Edited by rebeccajo

You will need to find out why you are being denied. Age is not grounds to deny a visa petition but it could be a factor if the officer didn't believe you have a true relationship.

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Timeline

Well, I'm not sure what my attitude was that day but I felt like I had sent sufficient stuff. I called to ask what sort of things more they were asking for and was me with the consular's disrespectful perspective of my situation. They had told him it was all good, then it wasn't, then it was, then come back, by the time I called him and got transferred 10 times it didn't work out well and I honestly don't know what more they want.

I don't quite understand your attitude about your situation. Isn't this you about three weeks ago?

"That's what I'm thinking. I think I sent sufficient documentation to prove it was ongoing. I don't know what he had, but he had over 200 pages from me, I had to count for DHL. I'm not going to sweat it, the fact is I sent him everything I had. And I'm not sure what they said."

Timeline

I agree the process is stressful, and yours, it sounds, has been more stressful than many. But there are plenty of folks here who have weathered situations just like yours and prevailed in the end. I guess it depends on the amount of determination (which I'd say is directly proportional to the depth of feeling for one's SO, but that's just my opinion).

If you decide to take action, I think getting in touch with senators and your congressman/woman would be a good next step. If you want to try to keep the package at the Consulate (if it's not too late now), I'd take this next step immediately.

Best wishes...

Maya

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

It could take six months. Now is the time for you to be the knight in shining armour. The case must stay with the Consulate in Bolivia. I would, get a local immigration attorney involved, one that is familiar with dealing directly with this Consulate and with Notice of Intent to Deny. Share all your details with the attorney and follow their advice.

In the mean time, I would share the details of your relationship timeline here along with the details of any evidence already presented with the petition and at interview. What was in the beneficiary's possession but not asked for or not permitted to be submitted at interview.

I understand the feeling of wanting to complain but it's best to get over that as quickly as possible and begin taking actions that can overturn this initial denial.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.