MrsBruce5

Topic for the Ladies...and Guys too !

23 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I have had no children either and used IUDs for 15 years without a problem. I would certainly recommend them.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

Thanks Everyone...

I have one that I am having removed tomorrow night. I have been having symptoms of being pregnant, but 2 tests came back with negs.

I was wondering if anyone had any difficulties if they did indeed become pregnant while using it. I am planning on having some blood tests to make sure that I am not having a Baby Bruce.

We haven't ruled out having children-just not now. I have become anemic from having such heavy periods that I was unable to give blood last week at a blood drive, and I feel my hormones are all screwed up as well. I have a copper T right now...and I cannot wait until I have it removed. I hate the damned thing !!! 24 day cycle, and bleeding for 10-12 days. It sucks !

I have a 10 year old son from my prior marriage, and he is my world-but we DO plan on returning to SCT when he grows up and is on his own. But, the thought of not having my son and grandchildren around all the time has me thinking...

I do not expect him to pick up his life and move to SCT with us, and I cannot bear the thought of spending my golden years without grandchildren visiting me all the time has got me thinking that perhaps I'd like to continue the growth of our family. I am getting on in years-I am 38, and haven't much time left.

I DO appreciate all of the responses, and advice.

Cheers Mates !!!

Rose

"I have spread my dreams under your feet

Tread softly because you tread on my dreams"

-Yeats

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

I used to work in surgery and I do remember having a patient who had become pg with an IUD. They were doing the removal in hopes of preserving the pregnancy. Talk about tense moments. I think the entire staff in the room was holding their breath when the doc carefully removed it. And cheers when there was no bleeding afterwards. Success!!!!!!

Am the only one who finds putting a foreign object in your girly bits weird????

Cute pumpkin, but....???? :blink:

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-13-07 POE JFK w/temp EAD

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

08-13-07 Card received in mail

04-14-09 Trip to Maui for Anniversary

06-04-09 Filed to lift conditions

08-13-09 Perm Card received

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Whether you are the only one or not, it doesn't matter. If it makes you uncomfortable then you don't do it. That's all.

GHANA.GIFBassi and Zainab US1.GIF

I-129F Sent: 6-18-2007

Interview date: 6-24-2008

Pick up Visa: 6-27-2008

Arrive JFK POE: 7-2-2008

Marriage: 7-9-2008

AOS

mailed AOS, EAD, AP: 8-22-2008

NOA AOS, EAD, AP: 8-27-2008

Biometrics: 9-18-2008

AOS Transferred to CSC: 9-25-2008

Requested EAD Expedite: 11-12-2008

EAD Card production ordered: 11-12-2008 changed to 11/17/2008 Why? (I hope it doesn't change every week!)

Received AP: 11/17/2008

Received EAD: 11/22/08 (Praise God!!)

AOS RFE: 1/29/2009

AOS Approved: 3/24/2009

Called USCIS 4/1/2009 told no status change and case not yet reviewed from RFE request.

Received green card: 4/3/2009

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Well, I guess it all comes down to personal choice. Many women take the pill which is, of course, fooling your body into thinking it is pregnant with hormones. Other women use tampons during their periods; that too is putting something alien into their bodies.

If you use a condom that is, again, putting a foreign object into your body, albeit for a short amount of time. The majority of contraceptions available consist of something that is not natural being put into the woman's body. Cap, sponge, pill, IUD, condom, ring etc etc *shrugs*

Filed: Timeline

Well, I guess it all comes down to personal choice. Many women take the pill which is, of course, fooling your body into thinking it is pregnant with hormones. Other women use tampons during their periods; that too is putting something alien into their bodies.

If you use a condom that is, again, putting a foreign object into your body, albeit for a short amount of time. The majority of contraceptions available consist of something that is not natural being put into the woman's body. Cap, sponge, pill, IUD, condom, ring etc etc *shrugs*

True. I don't use hormones for that reason. And the other stuff is temporary - a permanent metal/plastic thing scares me, IMO.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline
Whether you are the only one or not, it doesn't matter. If it makes you uncomfortable then you don't do it. That's all.

Well said, my friend. That is exactly what I was thinking. ;)

Thanks for all of the great replies ! For the first time in my life, I am actually looking forward to my "date" with my GYN tonight ! Hehhehehh !

: )

Edited by MrsBruce5

"I have spread my dreams under your feet

Tread softly because you tread on my dreams"

-Yeats

My ex had an IUD for over 20 years with no problems what so ever.

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne